Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conviction: An Anthem Live Action Short-Story Film by Neill Blomkamp Announced

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageConviction: An Anthem Live Action Short-Story Film by Neill Blomkamp Announced

BioWare and Neill Blomkamp have sent out a teaser trailer for Conviction, "an original live-action short-film based on Anthem". The short "invites viewers to experience Blomkamp's unique style of creating photorealistic visual effects and bringing them seamlessly into the real world, this time with EA's Anthem". The full "short film" will be available on February 14th on the Oats Studios YouTube channel.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    LOL
    MendelGaladournmklinicAlbatroesXingbairong

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    edited February 2019
    Given that Bioware has kind of already been giving ole Carly Marx's ghost member a good polishing with the last couple games of theirs, I'm not terribly surprised Blomkamp wanted to get involved.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Serving as proof of concept I guess. Gauging the interest for a future full length movie.
  • KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    *crickets*
    Rhygarth
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Neil Blomkamp is pretty awesome, especially when navigating smaller budgets for projects.

The film might be more satisfying than the game  :D
    alkarionlogValdheim
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348

Neil Blomkamp is pretty awesome, especially when navigating smaller budgets for projects.

The film might be more satisfying than the game  :D

Yeah, the stuff Oats Studio has released on YouTube is amazing!
    alkarionlogValdheim
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Go Iron Man!
    Rastan1
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So, no one really knows anything about Anthem's story aside from the snips they got exposed to via the 'beta' so.....why not make a short, wasting money, on something no one knows about. Sounds good!
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited February 2019
    I'm not mad at it looks tight.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited February 2019

Albatroes said:

So, no one really knows anything about Anthem's story aside from the snips they got exposed to via the 'beta' so.....why not make a short, wasting money, on something no one knows about. Sounds good!

If you read the lore items and found them all in the demos then you end up knowing quite a lot about the story.

I'll try to summarise...

About 500 years before the start of the game some powerful unnamed faction ruled humanity (they may have been alien, it's not specific). A woman, called Helena Tarsis, united all humans into a group called the Legion of Dawn, developed the first version of Javelins and was able to eventually overthrow them.

When Tarsis died the Legion of Dawn split into 3 human factions; the Freelancers, the Sentinels and the Dominion.

In this world, there's ancient devices that were left behind by the gods, who had abandoned the world; the Shapers. The Anthem of Creation is one of those devices and is able the create and destroy. We don't know if the Anthem created the Shapers or if they created the Anthem. It's believed the Shapers were using the Anthem to create the world but they didn't finish, for some reason. They lost control of it or something and were either destroyed or disappeared.

The game's story will start with you joining the Freelancers and beginning investigations into the Anthem of Creation.

I know more but I won't say because it's basically spoilers from that point.

It's very similar to how Mass Effect's lore started to be honest.
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Albatroes said:

If you read the lore items and found them all in the demos then you end up knowing quite a lot about the story.
    Picking up lore is a pretty crumby way to tell a story. Especially when the other lore was all "Not available in demo".
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Albatroes said:

Picking up lore is a pretty crumby way to tell a story. Especially when the other lore was all "Not available in demo".
    The game will explain all the lore by talking to NPCs and through the missions. I'm just saying it was there, in the demo, if you could be bothered to look for it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.