Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Activision Blizzard to Lay Off Hundreds Next Week - MMORPG.com News

12346»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    OMG I'm so sick of the meme....but but but....this was too good to pass up. :D

You may be sick of the meme, but the reason it endures is because it perfectly encapsulates the problems with the modern gaming industry and the level of customer contempt plagueing it right now. And the fact that it came from one of the most beloved developers and in regards to one of the most beloved IPs in the industry makes it that much more perfect.

I can't even begin to conceive of a better rallying cry against corporate greed in this industry.
    They don't pitch games to players anymore. They pitch them to investors and shove money into marketing hoping mainstream consumers who buy on impulse will generate short term income enough to keep them going.

amazing how long it took to show how self destructive that behavior is.
    Did anyone ever pitch games to players? Well, I suppose kickstarter and the like is pitching games to players. Yet there seem to be a vocal group of players who don't like that.

Otherwise, devs just made games and sold them. How those games got funded were probably people who had the games pitched to them and then invested.
    Of course, just watch not triple A scene.
    Its almost like the ones who are influencing game development, are not the ones who buy games in the first place  :p
    No way that could ever happen right?  ;)