Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Golden Age PvP

2»

Comments

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Remember Fury? or Unleash the Fury whatever it was called. Whole game that was just MMORPG style PVP
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Shit I've been PvPn since

I thought the golden age was 25 years ago ;)

iixviiiixYashaX

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    While it does feel like a PvP Era, with almost every game out there having some kind of PvP element, and this has no doubt been brought about by the rise of E-Sports and live feeds like Twitch, where the repetitive drone of PvE simply does not hold any ground, outside people looking for guides on how to solve a puzzle or a walk through on how to beat a dungeon boss.

So there is defently a Rise in the PvP world, with many games spouting numbers that make WoW look like a joke, with Fortnight and LoL  pumping 100 million active accounts.

With that said, a lot of the available PvP is not very good, much in the same way a lot of the available MMO's are not really that good either.

Not only that, a huge amount of what PvP is out there, is riddled with cheaters, which really devalues the whole experience.

But even with all that, I would totally agree that we are in a Golden era of PvP, right now.
    bcbully
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited February 2019
    On mmorpg.com talking up the rise of pvp games when... they’re not mmos. Pvp games will never die out and neither will pve, but you can talk your trash when the mmorpg genre successfully makes the switch. 
    Post edited by ChildoftheShadows on
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    My favorite pvp will be battleground style in MMORPGs.  2nd would be open world. I never thought of BR's, FPS, RTS to be pvp games, even though yes the term pvp does apply to them.