Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Possible a Live-Action Anthem Film Project May Be Announced Soon

2»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Thane said:
    [mod edit]
    More ignorant generational assessments.  Can we get a counter on the right to keep track of it moving forward?

Be cool to see how many people literally blame the younger generation for everything they consider negative on a medium in which you have zero clue how old folks are.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    As long as it's not live action I'll say it has a chance.  I'm not a huge fan of Neill, his stores are all very similar with an oppressed group fighting to survive. 

I don't think the success of the game hinges on the success of the potential movie. If anything, as someone else mentioned it would best serve as a vehicle for lore. Or to further explain how they got where you start.

By funny coincidence I had Elysium playing in the background last night as I was cleaning up.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Haha what is with the hate here? Anthem's story might be out of this world, we don't know yet. You might hate the game but love the movie or vice versa.

Looking forward to seeing what it is.
    NyteWytch
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited February 2019
    Thane said:
    [mod edit]
    I think you just went on a rant because of ... erm "reasons."

In any case, EA is sort of botching the launch with all of their "it launches on this day for these people but this day for THESE people," etc.

It is not beyond the pale for people to wonder why a game that isn't even launched would get a movie treatment. Then again, it's not beyond the pale for a studio to throw everything into their property and give it everything they've got, game, movie, toys, etc.

Post edited by Vaross on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Now that Epic has a ton of money and is looking for ways to blow it, I wouldn't mind seeing some GoW films akin to the Halo movies(Forward Unto Dawn, etc.)

I can't see an Anthem movie being very interesting though.  Anthem just has no fanbase or long-term lore to back up a film.  Halo had plenty of well-known lore to draw from.
    But, then, I never really got the appeal of the whole Mech suit theme, anyway.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    No mention of this in EA's results; if EA were planning to make a film they would probably have disclose d the planned expenditure to be on the safe side; if they knew of someone else expressing "serious" they would probably have said as well.

So, imo, either a rumour or maybe someone just "pitching" (if that) an idea.

And a lot of ideas get pitched - sometimes for over a decade and nothing happens. The path to getting a film made is often long and full of failed pitches.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I don't know...you people are all like -deep breathing noises through the mouth and throat- "The game should release first! Derp derp." And I'm just like "derp?" And you're like "derp!"

How any people involved with a movie coincide with the game developers creating the game is beyond me. I'd like to follow your logical jumps but I got a sexy dad bod and I couldn't handle more than a few jumps.

That being said, I hope both are successful game and movie...because you know...one is a game to play the other is a movie to watch.
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Will that be in the same reality where Superman Lives was released , Tom Selleck is Indiana Jones , where the Beatles recorded the black album together and Germany won the second world war ?
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited February 2019

Will that be in the same reality where Superman Lives was released , Tom Selleck is Indiana Jones , where the Beatles recorded the black album together and Germany won the second world war ?

And a place where capitailsts didn't bleed the world dry? :O Capitalism is all cool and sexy in a Wild Wild West theory...until we've had it for years and created the classes off of it. Capitalism wants you to pay the maximum you will for an item so the rich get richer and poor get poorer, just by philosophy.
    Gdemami
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    Don't know why everyone has their panties in a bunch of this. It's just a YouTube short film.

It will be called "Conviction" and will be available on Blomkamp's Oat Studio channel on Thursday at 8:30am.

Some people need a little less Doom and Gloom around here.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    .. well they could save money by simply getting a good script writer, and have real actors doing the voice work, then just use In-game footage for the movie.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

It might not have lived up to Indiana Jones, but High Road to China was a decent Tom Selleck spin of the reel.
    [Deleted User]
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Aeander said:

Shouldn't you wait until after you know the game is a success?

It's already clear that Anthem is going to sell in millions and if it's not a success when I don't know what success is?

(EA execs simply couldn't be mistaken by an order of magnitude with their 5-6 millions prediction)

Thank you for your time!

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I've heard the Defiance show was good.  /shrug
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds more like a desperate attempt to shore up interest in the game, after the Demo i don't think there is near as much interest in the game as there used to be, not only that but its being eclipsed by other games.  ;)
    Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    It might be possible that APEX soured the reception of Anthem. Though, since they are both from the same publisher, it won't hurt EA either way.

It is kind of sad that an IP that was both watchable as a film and was great as a game (Mass Effect), is dead on either fronts.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Lokero said:
    It might not have lived up to Indiana Jones, but High Road to China was a decent Tom Selleck spin of the reel.
    Holy shit. I haven't thought about that movie in years, but now that you brought it up I have to track down a copy ASAP. I must have watched High road to China and the Bill Murry version of The Razor's Edge about a hundred times back then.

As to making any kind of media connecting to Anthem the game, it seems absolutely pointless to me until they define the game lore IN GAME, something that seems very lacking so far.
    Heh, as off-topic as it may be...
    My brother loved films like Indiana Jones and had never seen High Road to China.  Unfortunately, there was never a genuine American DVD release.

My brother is hearing-impaired, but since all the subtitles were like Dutch or something(I forget which country had the DVD release) I couldn't find English subtitles anywhere.  I looked all over the subtitle sites and all.

I actually ended up going through the movie and making custom ENG subtitles for this movie myself.  I actually uploaded the SRT to one of those subtitle download sites, so maybe someone got some use out of it :D   I doubt it... since it's a relatively unknown movie, but maybe it will benefit someone one day.
    [Deleted User]
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Xasapis said:
    It might be possible that APEX soured the reception of Anthem. Though, since they are both from the same publisher, it won't hurt EA either way.

It is kind of sad that an IP that was both watchable as a film and was great as a game (Mass Effect), is dead on either fronts.
    I was thinking the same. So they killed ME for a new game and movie? They would have a lot more success with a ME movie/series imo. Guess time will tell.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Xasapis said:

Considering the vast majority of AL players will never spend $60 on the game due to it being F2P, it might have been a poorly planned move.  Time will tell, though.

• summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

And a place where capitailsts didn't bleed the world dry? :O Capitalism is all cool and sexy in a Wild Wild West theory...until we've had it for years and created the classes off of it. Capitalism wants you to pay the maximum you will for an item so the rich get richer and poor get poorer, just by philosophy.

Hey no argument from me there I agree with all that you said . Anyway even in this reality unchecked capitalism as we know it now is completely unsustainable because it destroys the environment . We will have to change our ways or civilisation will come to an end and so will the global markets .