Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Activision Blizzard to Lay Off Hundreds Next Week - MMORPG.com News

123457»

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,437
    After everything that has happened in the last few months I'm starting to think classic will not be released. Either for limited financial return reasons or just flat out spite and hatred of their customers lol.

I can see the statement now "We decided that we couldn't recreate the content to match our fans expectations" or some gobbledygook like that similar to Titan's "game isn't fun" line.

Blizzard has been a disappointment for me for the past few years. Everything from the WOW expac disappointment to putting out toys at Target over content in their games. One questionable decision after another that did not improve the content in their games one bit. Skins in HotS doesn't count as content IMO.

It really looks like they are digging in and will milk WoW as long as possible vs trying anything new. I want Blizzard to amaze me again but I've been waiting so long that I don't think it'll ever happen.
    GdemamiScotMisterZebub
  • ScotScot UKMember EpicPosts: 10,128
    BruceYee said:
    After everything that has happened in the last few months I'm starting to think classic will not be released. Either for limited financial return reasons or just flat out spite and hatred of their customers lol.

I can see the statement now "We decided that we couldn't recreate the content to match our fans expectations" or some gobbledygook like that similar to Titan's "game isn't fun" line.

Blizzard has been a disappointment for me for the past few years. Everything from the WOW expac disappointment to putting out toys at Target over content in their games. One questionable decision after another that did not improve the content in their games one bit. Skins in HotS doesn't count as content IMO.

It really looks like they are digging in and will milk WoW as long as possible vs trying anything new. I want Blizzard to amaze me again but I've been waiting so long that I don't think it'll ever happen.
    You may still get classic, but just not that "classic". LOTRO's for example was a sort of half way house.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,783
    Scot said: ju
    BruceYee said:

You may still get classic, but just not that "classic". LOTRO's for example was a sort of half way house.
    Perhaps they'll release it with a new BR arena.

;)
    Scot

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,333
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    OMG I'm so sick of the meme....but but but....this was too good to pass up. :D

You may be sick of the meme, but the reason it endures is because it perfectly encapsulates the problems with the modern gaming industry and the level of customer contempt plagueing it right now. And the fact that it came from one of the most beloved developers and in regards to one of the most beloved IPs in the industry makes it that much more perfect.

I can't even begin to conceive of a better rallying cry against corporate greed in this industry.
    They don't pitch games to players anymore. They pitch them to investors and shove money into marketing hoping mainstream consumers who buy on impulse will generate short term income enough to keep them going.

amazing how long it took to show how self destructive that behavior is.
    Did anyone ever pitch games to players? Well, I suppose kickstarter and the like is pitching games to players. Yet there seem to be a vocal group of players who don't like that.

Otherwise, devs just made games and sold them. How those games got funded were probably people who had the games pitched to them and then invested.
    Of course, just watch not triple A scene.
    Its almost like the ones who are influencing game development, are not the ones who buy games in the first place  :p
    No way that could ever happen right?  ;)