Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Devs Want You Hyped - Check Out the Launch Trailer - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,460

Game was no where near ready at the time of the demo. I'm sure they won't push back release and they'll just release it in the garbage state it's in and it'll flop just like fallout 76.

Game was not the finished build for Demo. Poor criticism on your part. The demo stress tested the servers, that's a good thing. There are no perfect game release in today's world. Even the champion Witcher 3 had bugs at release, and graphical downgrade.

If you believe they had some great polished product that fixed the server issues, tons of graphic issues (especially at 4k) bugged quests and dungeon triggers, and loading issues waiting in the wings while people tested their bugged demo I've got oceanfront Arizona property to sell you.

I believe the demo is earlier build not because they say it is. But because I've seen it played by the press multiple times for their first impression articles. It's the same demo. I also said there are no perfect games releases in today's environment. The great Witcher 3 had bugs at release, fact. That translates to I believe the product at release will still have bugs. Server issues are not game bugs. Two separate things. The launch would be far worse if they did not do these 2 demo stress tests. World of Warcraft had many months of closed beta tests, 2 stress tests, 1 open beta test. And they still had servers issues at launch. Knowing a little history can help you be less upset about these things.

You Accept Garbage So You Get it. I've been pc gaming probably longer than you've been alive. I was there day 1 in meridian, I was sprinkler rezzing guys in eq on rallos during the sleeper kill. Ive forgotten more gaming history than you know. I don't settle for garbage. This game easily needs another 6 more months of polish. There was so reason for the server load issues either. This isn't some small indy studio struggling to afford every piece of server hardware.

I would believe someone with your experience and age would know how to talk to people by now. But nope.

Look, you don't know something about this game that the rest of us don't. You just disagree on wether it is in a good state, or even fun. That's fine.

But don't throw information like that around and make it sound like you are some sort of end-all expert on anything gaming related. I probably have just as much experience and history in gaming as you and I totally disagree with you.
    Gdemamibwwianakiev
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 568

Game was no where near ready at the time of the demo. I'm sure they won't push back release and they'll just release it in the garbage state it's in and it'll flop just like fallout 76.

You do know that creating a demo that is probably based on an older build really doesn't tell much of anything. By the time the demo rolled out they probably had a ton of fixes done with it still in development.
    Gdemami

You do know that creating a demo that is probably based on an older build really doesn't tell much of anything. By the time the demo rolled out they probably had a ton of fixes done with it still in development.
    To further add to this. Almost no software release version is the current version the developers are using at all. What tends to happen is you get a stable enough build out, roll it over to alpha testers, then beta testers/QA and by the time a release version might be thoroughly tested you could see a ton of code changes that will very likely go into the next release version. The demo was a specific cut of the game and most of the changes and polish were very likely done before we ever saw the demo. 

It is the same demo press had since the game has been announced more or less and some people here have so little grasp on software development let alone game development that it's mind boggling.
    Gdemami

Game was not the finished build for Demo. Poor criticism on your part. The demo stress tested the servers, that's a good thing. There are no perfect game release in today's world. Even the champion Witcher 3 had bugs at release, and graphical downgrade.

If you believe they had some great polished product that fixed the server issues, tons of graphic issues (especially at 4k) bugged quests and dungeon triggers, and loading issues waiting in the wings while people tested their bugged demo I've got oceanfront Arizona property to sell you.

I believe the demo is earlier build not because they say it is. But because I've seen it played by the press multiple times for their first impression articles. It's the same demo. I also said there are no perfect games releases in today's environment. The great Witcher 3 had bugs at release, fact. That translates to I believe the product at release will still have bugs. Server issues are not game bugs. Two separate things. The launch would be far worse if they did not do these 2 demo stress tests. World of Warcraft had many months of closed beta tests, 2 stress tests, 1 open beta test. And they still had servers issues at launch. Knowing a little history can help you be less upset about these things.

You Accept Garbage So You Get it. I've been pc gaming probably longer than you've been alive. I was there day 1 in meridian, I was sprinkler rezzing guys in eq on rallos during the sleeper kill. Ive forgotten more gaming history than you know. I don't settle for garbage. This game easily needs another 6 more months of polish. There was so reason for the server load issues either. This isn't some small indy studio struggling to afford every piece of server hardware.
    As someone that has been around just as long as you in the MMORPG community and gaming I'll say this. Sod off with the attitude and learn how software development works in the real world. Not what your little nancy boy idea of what it is is. This was a demo that was out early in the game's life and hasn't really pushed any updates. The build used could be quite old at this point. The updates that were done have literally only been on the server backend. You'd literally have 0 clue if the game needs more polish because you are using an old build and not the current build.
    Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,073

As someone that has been around just as long as you in the MMORPG community and gaming I'll say this. Sod off with the attitude and learn how software development works in the real world. Not what your little nancy boy idea of what it is is. This was a demo that was out early in the game's life and hasn't really pushed any updates. The build used could be quite old at this point. The updates that were done have literally only been on the server backend. You'd literally have 0 clue if the game needs more polish because you are using an old build and not the current build.
    This wasn't early in the game's life.  Release is mere weeks away.  These projects generally take years to complete.  Unless they're literally using a year+ old build, it's a very late-in-project-life build.

I agree it's not the most current build, but it's also not some early beta build.  This is the same kind of excuse behavior we saw before FO76 gave us their "release" build.  The timeline was almost identical to Anthem and Div2's.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 297

This wasn't early in the game's life.  Release is mere weeks away.  These projects generally take years to complete.  Unless they're literally using a year+ old build, it's a very late-in-project-life build.

I agree it's not the most current build, but it's also not some early beta build.  This is the same kind of excuse behavior we saw before FO76 gave us their "release" build.  The timeline was almost identical to Anthem and Div2's.

Well even before the VIP demo they said that the build was from 6 weeks ago.  There is also footage of a newer build used which showed some changes to the game such as a HUD indicator of your teams health and shields.  They also added in a social hub space after they made the demo.  Not saying they fixed all the bugs or have programmed a completely different game just saying they have added some stuff to the game since they made the demo.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member RarePosts: 1,928
    In general, I think comparing this game to Warframe or Destiny really isn't fair, as those are both shooters with some RPG elements, whereas Anthem is very much an ARPG with shooter elements. Destiny is all about the guns, Warframe is a mix of weapons and abilities, and Anthem is all about abilities with guns as more of a damage 'filler'. If anything I'd compare Anthem to Hellgate: London and / or Tabula Rasa, both of which are games I loved despite their faults.

OK, well I'm hyped and can't wait to get stuck in. I doubt it'll be a long term game but only maniacs want to play the same thing forever so....

Me too. First EA game I've bought in at least five years; that's how much fun the demo was for me. Figure if I get a hundred hours out of it, it's money well spent.

Talahar said:

Had loads of fun in the demo, and I feel I've done enough research by now to justify my preorder.

Also, the order of javelins in the trailer will be the order I'll unlock mine in the game.

I'll be going Colossus, Storm, Ranger, Interceptor. They were all fun, but Colossus has a bigass shield, missiles, and a minigun.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 228

Jrich_cp said:

Renoaku said:

And I want a free demo on launch so I can try and see if they have fixed the performance issues with loading );.

If all you care about is the performance, why don't you just read the impressions that will be posted by others.

My brother and had a unique issue that i think i saw a few people also have. Where the screen would shake uncontrollably. Not everyone had that same problem. How does he know if the problem is fixed without spending money? Its not like every reviewer had that same issue, and finding out who did have that wouldnt be easy.

Life is a gamble in everything you buy! Even things you have got before that were good could be bad the next time you get it, you just never know.

I see one word use a lot on this form and many others like it and that word is FREE!!

Everyone want shit for free,,,, well that's not how life works. If you want to play the game buy it ! If you don't then don't , but don't expect it to be free!!
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 6,686
    A good demo would have done a lot more to hype me than a trailer.
    TorvalGdemami
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member EpicPosts: 3,304
    Dr_Binks said:

Jrich_cp said:

Renoaku said:

And I want a free demo on launch so I can try and see if they have fixed the performance issues with loading );.

If all you care about is the performance, why don't you just read the impressions that will be posted by others.

My brother and had a unique issue that i think i saw a few people also have. Where the screen would shake uncontrollably. Not everyone had that same problem. How does he know if the problem is fixed without spending money? Its not like every reviewer had that same issue, and finding out who did have that wouldnt be easy.

Life is a gamble in everything you buy! Even things you have got before that were good could be bad the next time you get it, you just never know.

I see one word use a lot on this form and many others like it and that word is FREE!!

Everyone want shit for free,,,, well that's not how life works. If you want to play the game buy it ! If you don't then don't , but don't expect it to be free!!
    Dude you keep pushing this bullshit agenda. I don't think anyone has asked for this or any other new game be free, they just want it to be fun. And from what they've shown me of the game so far it doesn't look entertaining to me so I'm going to pass. Now if Bioware could release an RPG game with the quality prevalent in their hey day I would buy that game in a heartbeat. Its nothing to do with wanting free shit, its wanting companies to release products worthy of purchasing.
    RidelynnMadFrenchieGdemami

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 611
    Dr_Binks said:

Jrich_cp said:

Renoaku said:

Dude you keep pushing this bullshit agenda. I don't think anyone has asked for this or any other new game be free, they just want it to be fun. And from what they've shown me of the game so far it doesn't look entertaining to me so I'm going to pass. Now if Bioware could release an RPG game with the quality prevalent in their hey day I would buy that game in a heartbeat. Its nothing to do with wanting free shit, its wanting companies to release products worthy of purchasing.
    @MisterZebub %100 agree. I am holding out for Outerworlds to be the go to RPG of the year
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,614
    In general, I think comparing this game to Warframe or Destiny really isn't fair, as those are both shooters with some RPG elements, whereas Anthem is very much an ARPG with shooter elements. Destiny is all about the guns, Warframe is a mix of weapons and abilities, and Anthem is all about abilities with guns as more of a damage 'filler'. If anything I'd compare Anthem to Hellgate: London and / or Tabula Rasa, both of which are games I loved despite their faults.

OK, well I'm hyped and can't wait to get stuck in. I doubt it'll be a long term game but only maniacs want to play the same thing forever so....

Me too. First EA game I've bought in at least five years; that's how much fun the demo was for me. Figure if I get a hundred hours out of it, it's money well spent.

Talahar said:

Had loads of fun in the demo, and I feel I've done enough research by now to justify my preorder.

Also, the order of javelins in the trailer will be the order I'll unlock mine in the game.

I'll be going Colossus, Storm, Ranger, Interceptor. They were all fun, but Colossus has a bigass shield, missiles, and a minigun.

Colossus all the way for me. I got to try them all out in the demo in different accounts. The in your face gameplay of the Colossus was faaaar better than I thought it would be. It's crap until you get those proper Colossus mods but once you have them it's tank city.. and not just 'tanking'.. you feel like an actual massive tank.

Love it, I'll probably only play the other Javs if there's some kind of achievement for it.

Ranger was fun, I enjoyed the in and out gameplay and the laser was awesome. Players choice; versatile. My second favourite.

Interceptor was fun but only in short bursts. You can't hang around too long in close range and have to get out after you've popped off your skills. Then you have to hang back for a bit before you can go full on again. 

Storm was my least favourite. It's powerful.. probably the most powerful, technically speaking... but I was a bit bored just standing or hovering at the back nuking things.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 221

Talahar said:

I'm wit chew guys here. I still play HGL lol
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member UncommonPosts: 1,464
    They could've done with some original music for their trailer. Could've sworn Sarah Schachner was the composer for this game. If I'm rating the trailer alone, it's a 5/10 at best. It's synched to the music, but the music is a miss.

I'll probably pass, as it's a looter shooter, and it's usually the looting that they'll get wrong.
  • SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Preordered the game, played the demo.

It was meh. Nothing really cool about the game other than you could fly around, which was more of a gimmick/novelty, the "Wow cool" factor wore off within a few minutes.

The game was pretty lame honestly, it just felt like I was playing a concept/tech demo and not an actual game. There were so many basic features that just didn't exist and they don't plan on adding to the game (probably ever, honestly) until "some time after launch hopefully."

Thank god I got to play the demo, I cancelled my pre order. I wouldn't touch this game for at least a year after it's been out, it's nowhere near being completed or ready to be released.
    Gdemami

imageimageimageimage