Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New Hero & New Ways to Obtain Skins Detailed in Latest Heroes of the Storm Letter - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageA New Hero & New Ways to Obtain Skins Detailed in Latest Heroes of the Storm Letter - MMORPG.com

Heroes of the Storm Production Director Kaeo Milker published a lengthy post on the game's official site to give the community a forward look at what it can expect to see from the game in the coming months. He begins with an apology for the silence of late, "We've been working very hard behind the scenes to regroup as a team and align on our goals for 2019 and beyond."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Trading gold for Shards and being able to use Shards to purchase skins individually rather than always in bundles is a very good move. :)
    XingbairongAlmostLancelot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Deadon birth game. The last remaing low effort before going maintenance mode.
    Xingbairong
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

SBFord said:

Trading gold for Shards and being able to use Shards to purchase skins individually rather than always in bundles is a very good move. :)

True sadly I agree with @exile01's statement. I mean the fact that the Lunar Festival event didn't launch on time speaks volumes...

I'm glad I managed to switch to LoL withing feeling the urge to play HotS. I love the game and I think it's better(at least when it comes to entertainment) than LoL, but sadly I can foresee that it's going to end up in a worst state than D3 is imho.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I like HotS as an ultra casual player who just games with a friend with bots. It suits us perfectly. If or when HotS dies, that'll pretty much do it for MOBAs. Overall, I don't like the genre to begin with. I play HotS for the characters from the game worlds I love(d). :)
    AlmostLancelotJamesGoblinAsch126

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "Working very hard"pretty lame statement when all they do is make skins and sell skins.I could only imagine how fast i would leave a mmorpg,if they tried to sell me individual classes or skins,so to think this is accepted in ANY game is beyond me.
    They can make up some bull about EARNING them in game,i don't buy it because USUALLY people have to have anything new right away and will not wait to grind it out while watching everyone else around them already playing that skin.Gaming is ALWAYS about the popular moment,by time they earn a skin ,everyone will already be playing the next new skin ,making that one not so "cool" or in the moment.

Overall,this is just more of Blizzard doing business in a LAZY manner,just cash work and not gaming work.Balances,tweaks,yeah what is that 1-2 people,while the rest of the likely very small team is working on other projects or,yeah the cash shop .

Blizzard had better wake up and FAST,get your head outa your ass and start putting some EFFORT into your games and quit worrying about monetizing everything because people want FUN games and NOT your cash shop.
    BruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489

DMKano said:

Talk about too late. This game has zero chance of revival at this point.

They are putting lipstick on a corpse.

Necrophilia is a real thing. Lots of them out there.
    SeelinnikoiMr.Gutsy
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

DMKano said:

Talk about too late. This game has zero chance of revival at this point.

They are putting lipstick on a corpse.

I'm not sure how active the game is, as they don't publish numbers but I do know queues take a long time. I'm not sure if that has to do with how matchmaking works, but in a group of 3 it can take upwards of 6 minutes to just find a quick match, and even longer for a ranked match.

But somehow the subreddit is still active as hell (it said 1200 users were on it a minute ago), and the chat in game is always full of people asking for groups.

For as dead as it might seem, it also seems to be doing okay?