Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What gives ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,349
edited February 11 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
On this topic:
"WHAT MAKES GAMES NOT FUN"  
Is full of testimonials of bitterness.  

It's complaints from most every poster here.  Add that daily a new topic of bitterness is made by someone other than me.  On top of that, everyone agrees.  

To add icing on the cake, run a poll of happiness to see an overwhelming negative response.  

Now take me out of the equation.  No one would ever agree with me. 
Yet EVERYONE is totally frustrated with mmorpg's with the exception of the personalities that like everything in life.  The other exception is if the original poster comes across as mean and nasty.  But it still stands EVERYONE IS FRUSTRATED.

A rebuttal could be made "you don't understand", everyone is voicing only one complaint... This is not true, people are completely frustrated and it shows deeply.... Their is no way to wiggle out of this.  It's clear as day. 

What gives, why so much hypocrisy ?
Post edited by delete5230 on
mmolou

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Cambridge, MAMember RarePosts: 2,173
    The issue is what makes mmorpg not fun for you is different from other people. I think you come off saying it like it is fact and people are silly for not thinking along the same lines as you. 

Also, when someone asks what makes a game not fun, it is open to all the variety of what people like and dislike. It isnt mmo specific.

Even if everyone loved something, there is always parts of it we do not find fun. 
    mmolou
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,349
    The issue is what makes mmorpg not fun for you is different from other people. I think you come off saying it like it is fact and people are silly for not thinking along the same lines as you. 

Also, when someone asks what makes a game not fun, it is open to all the variety of what people like and dislike. It isnt mmo specific.

Even if everyone loved something, there is always parts of it we do not find fun. 
    By taking me out of the equation, IT STILL STANDS.... I'm out of it because of the mean and nasty I talked about.

I soon added this part:
    A rebuttal could be made "you don't understand", everyone is voicing only one complaint... This is not true, people are completely frustrated and it shows deeply.... Their is no way to wiggle out of this.  It's clear as day. 

mmolou
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Cambridge, MAMember RarePosts: 2,173

I soon added this part:

This shows your fallacy of thinking. You believe people are deeply frustrated? Based on what? How do you determine people are frustrated? Because you are deeply frustrated? How did you come to your conclusion? 

Also, you get attacked on your posts moreso because of your delivery and the underlying tone of "people must think like i do" 

(I do commend you on your creativity though) 

I cant get frustrated with MMO's or gaming in general, i play for the neurotransmitter release to my brain, i could careless if it is an MMO or some bullshit steam "shower with your daddy" crap. 

If the game addicts me, then the goal is achieved.