Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingshunt Hands-On Preview & Interview - A Game Forging Its Own Path - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageKingshunt Hands-On Preview & Interview - A Game Forging Its Own Path - MMORPG.com

Kingshunt is an up and coming game currently in development at Vaki Studios. We had the opportunity to play through a vertical slice of Kingshunt with the developers to get a look at the game that is aiming for a niche not occupied by any other at the present time. How well the game progresses through development, through testing, and into release remains to be seen, but at first glance, Kingshunt seems to be onto something truly different.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    Doesn't seem like on paper something I would play but would be very interested in seeing played. It sounds very unique.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited February 2019

Robbgobb said:

Doesn't seem like on paper something I would play but would be very interested in seeing played. It sounds very unique.

I tend to agree, I like the premise however, lol it combines
    two of my least favorite game types, MOBA and Tower defense, so hard pass for me, but I would really be interested in seeing the finished product. Maybe this game could change my mind.
    SignexCazrielinfomatz

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    This reminds me of the game Paragon.
    LastlaughlolAlexanderVendiIlayaRueTheWhirl
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'll take "I Saw This Somewhere" for 1000 Alex

[Unreal Engine + Unnecessary Motion Blur + Obnoxious Bunny Hopping]

What is Ashes of Creation: Battle Royale

+1000
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

+1000
    I can categorically say that it's not BR at all, though they did say a game mode like BR may be added later.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Color me intrigued. I don't know how something so ambitious and atypical will pan out, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
  • skakrukskakruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited February 2019
    SMITE? Kinda looks like it. I do prefer this color scheme more.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    So they took Guild Wars 2s PvP objective matches and turned it into a game. Looks like fun. Not my fav type of game but still looks like fun..

until : "G.D. twinkie-hole why did you put the turret there asdfasdasdasdfd~~!!!"
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Visually, there's an odd similarity between this game and both Spellbreak and Ashes of Creation.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Somebody in the gaming industry is trying something different, so best of luck to them!
    Thupli
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Scot said:

Somebody in the gaming industry is trying something different, so best of luck to them!

So, we're calling combining a couple existing things thrown together "something different" now?
    Scotceh430Thupli
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Kinda just looks like Paragon but with a fantasy twist rather than a Sci-Fi one, looks very interesting and will definitely appeal to all those missing Paragon.
    RueTheWhirl
  • gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Hard pass...
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Looks good. But

> Healer, Tank, Ranged DPS, and Melee DPS

good luck balancing that for PvP.
    Gdemami

Thank you for your time!

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Well it is PVP so not for me, so ill pass.
    But it is always nice to se something new so ill check in from time to time to see how it progress.
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • EvilGamingEvilGaming Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited February 2019
    Actually reminds me of Gigantic with the moba RTS with a slight tower defence but we'll that game didn't do well
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Man it’s a good time to be a pvpr. So many new ways to scratch that itch.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited February 2019
    SBFord said:

+1000
    I can categorically say that it's not BR at all, though they did say a game mode like BR may be added later.
    I can categorically say that I didn't say it was a BR. It looks similar to Ashes of Creation: Battle Royale because of:

"Unreal Engine + Unnecessary Motion Blur + Obnoxious Bunny Hopping"
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    I dont think the bunny hopping is indicative, they just look unskilled. Looks like fantasy paragon to me.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Xiaoki said:

Scot said:

So, we're calling combining a couple existing things thrown together "something different" now?
    Yes, that's how bad it has got. :)
    Gdemami
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Looks like good quality, but... just really not interesting idea at all.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    kinda remember me some older games who closed down who had something like this, like dinasty warriors online
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I don't get the comparisons to Paragon. Namely because Paragon didn't have an identity of its own. It was just a science fantasy variant of Smite with less depth.
    SBFordRueTheWhirl
  • reddedredded Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Epic gave away all the assets to Paragon for free in UE4. That's why this looks like Paragon.