Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitterness, past and present

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
"What they could have been or what they used to be only leads to bitterness" 

This stopped me in my tracks.... The bitterness is justified BUT the level of it can be controlled by moving on. 

Bitterness has levels from not liking something to absolute hate.  Absolute hate can be justified too because you could feel extra strongly about something more than others, BUT the answer is still the same.... Move on. 

The crowed here changed to On-line game players, the mmorpg players moved on.  The fact is both are millions strong.  BOTH ARE VERY DIFFERENT.  To stick around and argue with a real justification of the On-line game players is a waist of time and energy for an mmorpg player to do.  Justified are the ones that like both, but understand they are DIFFERENT.  

Several years down the road will have two mmorpg's.  Maybe will have a new site called mmorpg2.com..... This site will have only two games listed along with a few still running classics.  A new site where the mmorpg player can discuss their games.  The now bitterness On-line players will be their too. 

Remember both are VERY DIFFERENT and both are MILLIONS  STRONG.
GdemamiKyleranalkarionlogmmolou[Deleted User]

Comments

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    You guys are just bittered no one want to play those game.  Even you guys don't want to play those games, that is why Vanguard died and you guys rather complain on the forum than play legend of aria.

I bet when Camelot unchained is released the people will keep complaining there are no games like DAOC and how that is the greatest pvp game ever.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    AAAMEOW said:
    You guys are just bittered no one want to play those game.  Even you guys don't want to play those games, that is why Vanguard died and you guys rather complain on the forum than play legend of aria.

I bet when Camelot unchained is released the people will keep complaining there are no games like DAOC and how that is the greatest pvp game ever.
    Case in point,
    Bitterness of the opposing side !
  • WargfootYVWargfootYV Member UncommonPosts: 261
    In all seriousness, I'm not clear on what bitterness you're talking about.
    I think for the most part people don't (or they shouldn't) care what other people are playing.

I don't particularly care for gankfests - but I'm glad those games exist because it pulls a certain type of player that I don't want in the games I do play.  Point being, the variety works to my advantage as far as I can determine.
    Palebanetweedledumb99
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Whatever this thread is about - and with the peculiar use of English I have no clear idea - the topic is beyond trivial and nothing anyone with a grip on real life would even raise an eyebrow at.  Some people take their pixels WAY too seriously.
    AmatheKyleranCryomatrixcraftseekertweedledumb99
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    AAAMEOW said:

I could be embittered but no one can be bittered. Not sure CU will live up to DAOC, just because a new MMO channels some mojo from and old one does not make it a better successor.
    Kylerantweedledumb99
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Before they rolled out the current Vanilla forums I had a unique title given to me, "BitterVet" which I wore proudly. B)

Were they to reinstate such titles again for regular posters (some of the site's employees still have them) I'd probably ask it to be changed to "ApatheticVet" as that's my mood regarding playing MMORPGs these days.

:D
    WargfootYVVermillion_Raventhal[Deleted User]Scot[Deleted User]Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Before they rolled out the current Vanilla forums I had a unique title given to me, "BitterVet" which I wore proudly. B)

Were they to reinstate such titles again for regular posters (some of the site's employees still have them) I'd probably ask it to be changed to "ApatheticVet" as that's my mood regarding playing MMORPGs these days.

I had to look up Apathetic:
    "showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern". 

I feel the same way, however their not mmorpg's but Games-Online.  This is why will need a new site when the two mmorpg's get released.... Call it mmorpg2.com 

Maybe three, 
    Ashes of Creation may qualify, time will tell.  However heavy centric PvP games usually don't last long. The fans seem to bounce from game to game.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    delete5230 said:

This is why will need a new site when the two mmorpg's get released.... Call it mmorpg2.com  

Maybe you could be the advance scout for your proposed mmorpg2.com? Go camp it before someone else,um, spoils it? And, after a few years, you could come back here and report on how it's going. We'll handle things here in the meantime. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited February 2019

"For everything that could have been
    At least we took the ride
    There's no relief in bitterness
    Might as well let it die"
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I see you're still trying to rile up the crowd with your passive-aggressive bitterness.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    @delete5230

The first line is deep. 

The rest is incomprehensible. 

Here's a tip at the end of your posts, just post a quick cliff notes version of your point in one sentence.

I was going to channel you today and make a Friday morning post like you do but then I got busy and had to answer a bunch of phone calls as I was heading out to work. 

Cryomatrix
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Grunty said:
    I see you're still trying to rile up the crowd with your passive-aggressive bitterness.
    Well it's never aimed at anyone and it's how it is. 

Their Games Online, with a few optional mini game dungeons. It's not this sites fault, their's simply no mmorpg's.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Kyleran said:

You have MMORPG syndrome. 

5 steps of the syndrome. 
    1. disappointed
    2. disillusioned,
    3. bitter
    4. apathetic
    5. ???
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    AAAMEOW said:

I subbed to Vanguard right up to the cancellation so, erm "no."
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    AAAMEOW said:

I subbed to Vanguard right up to the cancellation so, erm "no."
    Also, CU never purported to be DAOC2 and those expecting such will likely be disappointed. 

[Deleted User]ScotHatefulltweedledumb99

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2019
    My bitterness stems from players who think every game has to have combat and leveling and rewards to be fun. Yeah, those things are fun. But there are already genres where that is the main focus. Mmorps have one underutilized feature that sets them apart: other people. Right now the large majority of those people just want to kill stuff, level up, and earn some rewards. Im sick if doing that, at least I’m sick of the current iteration of it. And Im unable to mingle with these people because our values are so different, I feel I do not belong. And that makes me bitter because it’s been such a long time since I felt like I belonged in one of these games. I have given up at this point, but still enjoy the discussion and lamentations here on this site.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    What are you rambling on about.  The post reads like a drunken english professor discussing history.

Besides not bitter, just tired of being fed shit and being told it tastes like chicken and enjoy it.
    oh, Delete5250 is one of those people that think his/her opinions are all facts even though they are based on idle conjecture and baseless assumptions. So clickbait is all that is going on.
    Kylerancraftseeker

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    And if you're going to claim a group is 'millions strong', please be prepared to name names when someone asks, 'Name them'.   (From an old Benny Hill Mastermind sketch -- Who won the 1957 First Division cup.  Wolverhampton Wanderers.  What was the attendance? 37,312.  Name them. ). B)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited February 2019
    Scot said:
    AAAMEOW said:

I could be embittered but no one can be bittered. Not sure CU will live up to DAOC, just because a new MMO channels some mojo from and old one does not make it a better successor.
    ^ This a bajillion percent.

So far they don't seem to be banking on "just make it like DAoC and people will love it," which I'm relieved about, because of this point ^. it's not enough to make something (movie, game, book) "like a good thing," it's gotta be good in its own right with its own coherent style that can stand on its own. With movies or books, it needs to tell an engaging story. With games, that story needs to be told through great gameplay (and yes, even sandboxes have story, just not only one single story).
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    I think camelot unchained is going to fail regarless.  It'll have a good start but eventually population just getting smaller and smaller.  To a point it'll be going in maintenance mode.

Mindless realm vs realm is fun.  But only last so long.  People'll eventually get tired of it.
    tweedledumb99delete5230
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited February 2019
    AAAMEOW said:
    I think camelot unchained is going to fail regarless.  It'll have a good start but eventually population just getting smaller and smaller.  To a point it'll be going in maintenance mode.

Mindless realm vs realm is fun.  But only last so long.  People'll eventually get tired of it.
    So, 2 possibilities with this post:

1) you can distinguish between good and bad RvR, and have insight into what makes good RvR and have assessed that CU doesn't have those ingredients, or

2) you assume all RvR is, by definition, mindless, and that's the limit of your insight.

Is there a reason I should believe it's 1) ?

I've tagged your post as insightful in the sincere hope that it's 1). Please make me be right.
  • MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited February 2019
    I guess bitterness is now defined as tiring of throwing money down the rathole by chasing the latest and greatest uninspiring, uncreative, games that revolve around enhanced revenue models.

PT Barnum once said that there is a sucker born every minute.

I guess it's just become some people's birth moment.
    AAAMEOW said:

So, 2 possibilities with this post:

1) you can distinguish between good and bad RvR, and have insight into what makes good RvR and have assessed that CU doesn't have those ingredients, or

2) you assume all RvR is, by definition, mindless, and that's the limit of your insight.

Is there a reason I should believe it's 1) ?

I've tagged your post as insightful in the sincere hope that it's 1). Please make me be right.
    Just seems to me PvP and RvR, are continuous fads from one game to another. It's what ever is the flavor of the month. 
    edited February 2019
    AAAMEOW said:

Yet millions mindlessly play LOL, half a dozen half baked survival games, Fortnite and even Super Smash Bros.

Go figure.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Kyleran said:

You have MMORPG syndrome. 

5 steps of the syndrome. 
    1. disappointed
    2. disillusioned,
    3. bitter
    4. apathetic
    5. ???
    5.  Hey, there's this new MMORPG game that got announced, and it sounds perfect!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.