Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Within 72-Hours, Apex Legends Sees 10M Unique Players & Over 1M Concurrent - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    I don't play BR myself, something of a post refrain here, but AL has more hyper-realistic graphics than Fortnite so it gets my vote.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Of course they saw that many players....look over there a bridge,let's all jump off together.

No law says they can't make up numbers to drive up the hype meter,not so unique when so many paid streamers are endorsing the game,those same streamers that endorsed a different game every 2-3 days,hard to take anyone in the gaming industry serious anymore.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2019
    "Summit" another paid lackey,i have ZERO interest in anything he has to say,i am not a puppet of ANYONE or any streamer,i do something others should learn to do>>>i THINK for MYSELF and i don't give a single streamer a single penny,not one of them FAKE gamer's in it for money.
    Panther2103NyteWytchThahar

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Looks like EA scored big.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Arterius said:
    I am just here waiting for Wizadry to pop up his head and say something
    You were not disappointed.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited February 2019
    This shooter seems very polished. I really like the quality of life changes they made to the upgrade system (compared to other BR games) and the weapons seem very well designed too. Also how you can communicate without using voice chat seems very well thought out. Smart too, knowing how toxic the community in these type of games can get. So when playing in PUGs you don't really need voice chat.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Loving APEX! I don't really even play BR but it is hands-down going to be my go to BR game. Not only does it play well, the quality of the game is superb!

Witty & Wicked >:)

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's going to be hard for companies not to keep making BR games with these type of numbers. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    The first BR game with some fun movement options, if they don't get greedy with the monetization this one could do really well I think. It's EA though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ruin it with pay to win or some other dumb decisions.
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Wizardry said:
    "Summit" another paid lackey,i have ZERO interest in anything he has to say,i am not a puppet of ANYONE or any streamer,i do something others should learn to do>>>i THINK for MYSELF and i don't give a single streamer a single penny,not one of them FAKE gamer's in it for money.
    Maybe you shouldn't watch youtubers and just play games then?  :D  I've not seen you refer to anything in the last couple years as a fun game anyway. Maybe time to find another hobby.

I'm not really into battle royales but Skill Up did a pretty good explanation video and I find I tend to agree with him about 98%-99% of times. I'll definitely give it a shot as I did like Titanfall and being free I have nothing to lose other than download time.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Fortnite throne is threatened, even Ninja is playing it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Some people think that this might be bad for Anthem as it may take away some of their player base.  Shooting Anthem in the foot as it were.
    MadFrenchie

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Kabulozo said:
    Anyone will play it if they are given enough money. Congrats to them for the huge launch success, but lets just give it a few weeks before we go losing our minds.
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Forgrimm said:
    A challenger to the Fortnite throne?
    Its new, its free to play, let's see how the population is in six months and then judge its success.
    Is already a big success and it will be even bigger in six months .. unless they manage to screw it up with bad updates and such.

This is not a MMO to "judge" it in six months.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    NyteWytch said:
    Wizardry said:
    Maybe you shouldn't watch youtubers and just play games then?  :D  I've not seen you refer to anything in the last couple years as a fun game anyway. Maybe time to find another hobby.

I'm not really into battle royales but Skill Up did a pretty good explanation video and I find I tend to agree with him about 98%-99% of times. I'll definitely give it a shot as I did like Titanfall and being free I have nothing to lose other than download time.

Also to add onto this, Summit wasn't in the partner program or sponsored whatsoever to play at least every time I saw him streaming (while the other streamers all had the partner thing up or #ad in the title).
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    These games for the masses just crack me up.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    The downside to this is that it means that this will be proof to suits that the market can bear more Battle Royale games.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Why does the trailer have trash hip hop music and the game with ghetto hood trash looking characters? Immediate turn off.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    BobVa said:
    Forgrimm said:
    A challenger to the Fortnite throne?
    Its new, its free to play, let's see how the population is in six months and then judge its success.
    Is already a big success and it will be even bigger in six months .. unless they manage to screw it up with bad updates and such.

This is not a MMO to "judge" it in six months.
    Has zero to do with being an MMO.  Shiny new always sees a large swell until the shiny wears off.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    aslan132 said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Anyone will play it if they are given enough money. Congrats to them for the huge launch success, but lets just give it a few weeks before we go losing our minds.
    No can do, gamers have the memory of a person suffering from dementia.

Literally insert "WoW" for "Fortnite" in these posts, and the shit is exactly the same as what was being said when WoW was at the height of its dominance and another MMORPG was released.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited February 2019
    aslan132 said:
    Kabulozo said:
    And it doesn't turn any game popular. Quake Champions, during the first beta launch, had some high profile streamers like Lirik playing it paid by Bethesda in order to give it visibility. It reached briefly 30K-50K+ views on Twitch on the first week, driven by these paid streamers, then faded into oblivion right after that.

People only stay in a game in the medium-long term if they really enjoy playing it.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    These games for the masses just crack me up.
    Lol, it is not niche enough for you?
    Waan