Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia – Massive interview with Barunson E&A on upcoming western server

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Some good information in this interview about Astellia.  
https://mmoculture.com/2019/02/astellia-massive-interview-with-barunson-ea-on-upcoming-western-server/

This one was probaly the best news from the Q / A.

Q: There are many MMORPG players who would prefer each class having both genders. Is this available in Astellia?

A: Currently the KR Build is fully gender-locked, but based on input from the community we are working to make both genders available for each class. We currently plan to have 2 classes un-gender locked by launch with the others following until all classes have equal options. For classes that are unlocked after launch, we will make sure players can change their characters one time for free.

Nanfoodle

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mikeha said:

Some good information in this interview about Astellia.  
    https://mmoculture.com/2019/02/astellia-massive-interview-with-barunson-ea-on-upcoming-western-server/

This one was probaly the best news from the Q / A.

Q: There are many MMORPG players who would prefer each class having both genders. Is this available in Astellia?

A: Currently the KR Build is fully gender-locked, but based on input from the community we are working to make both genders available for each class. We currently plan to have 2 classes un-gender locked by launch with the others following until all classes have equal options. For classes that are unlocked after launch, we will make sure players can change their characters one time for free.

I remember Neowiz saying action combat would be available for all classes before 'release,' that turned out well....As for this game, its made on UE3, so optimization would be terrible, but there's always a fool, so they will get some money in the end.
    Nanfoodle
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     It almost like ive played it before ...

Hard Pass
    IselinKyleran
    Scorchien said:

Hard Pass
    Yeah, I learned my lesson with Revelation Online. All these eastern games are now is just a combination of each other slap together on UE3 to make some easy money probably because UE3 is the base engineering tool in the east for students. It honestly wouldn't be that bad if the devs cared and actually delivered on the stuff they said but its been out already over there as f2p but NEEDS to come to the west as b2p to ensure 'quality'? Sure....pretty much after bless online, every eastern dev/publisher knows how many fools are over here and want in on the action. Same thing that happened when publishers found out they could charge people for betas as well as the early access farce steam came up with. I'm so~ proud that a small indie company like daybreak could get h1z1 out of early access after 6 years (back then, sony still owned publishing rights, gg....).
  • ZanapherZanapher Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I will try this game for sure. Nothing better these days from the genre. Or you have to play the same old WoW, just because it's WoW, or some crap "sandbox" game that has nothing more than a grindfest. I just hope this Astelia is not that bad polished as Revelation Online.
    Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    DMKano said:
    I can't wait for everyone interested in this to try it first hand - just to see how utterly sub-par every single thing about the game is - from graphics, to music, to animations, to awful hub questing, to what's supposed to be shining star of the game - pet system (utter crap) - to half witted "deck building".

The game feels like it was supposed to release in 2007 - and it would still be mediocre back than.

Come 2019 - Astellia feels like a parody release - ugh.

People argue what AAA games are - well Astelia will show you what a FFF game is like.

Just really makes you wonder - why anyone would spend any time trying to release this in the west - when this has absolute zero chance of gaining any kind of traction today.

Are people behind western release that out of touch with the state of MMO gaming today?

A single focus play session of 30-50 mixed demographic MMO players would be enough to conclude that this is not worh investing into - I guess they failed to do the very basic of vetting when they decided to pick this up and release it in the west.
    Ya didnt miss you at all on my break from posting. I have seen you say so much about so many MMOs and you have been oddly right on some counts but often you have missed the mark by a long shot. Thanks for your input =) BTW played Trove and it was so bad I wished I could get my 3hr back but my guess you would not say the same =)
    Catibrie
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Answer me this...

Does the archer have ammo/arrows?How do you get them,do you craft them?Are there different types of arrows,does the game utilize various resistances like piercing/blunt/crushing ?

If no on all accounts,this developers doesn't have a clue how to make a role playing game and most certainly needs a lesson on understanding "immersion".

Does it use hand holding like markers over npc heads,red carpet telegraphs.

Does the female archer look like she spent half the day at a fashion store and the other half at the hair salon?

Does the developer make use of the little girl lolli theme?

There is a HELL of a lot more to making a rpg than a nice looking world and some flashy animations.

BTW character customization should be about a LOT more than some boob sliders/visuals.

There is soooooooooo much wrong with game design in korea,every last developer there copies the exact same trends.

Funny i don't see any of these pro archers making grunting noises when they fire a bow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk  This first guy shows how  actual Archery should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu43lmPECc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0PbYN6UJY
    Nanfoodle

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Answer me this...

Does the archer have ammo/arrows?How do you get them,do you craft them?Are there different types of arrows,does the game utilize various resistances like piercing/blunt/crushing ?

If no on all accounts,this developers doesn't have a clue how to make a role playing game and most certainly needs a lesson on understanding "immersion".

Does it use hand holding like markers over npc heads,red carpet telegraphs.

Does the female archer look like she spent half the day at a fashion store and the other half at the hair salon?

Does the developer make use of the little girl lolli theme?

There is a HELL of a lot more to making a rpg than a nice looking world and some flashy animations.

BTW character customization should be about a LOT more than some boob sliders/visuals.

There is soooooooooo much wrong with game design in korea,every last developer there copies the exact same trends.

Funny i don't see any of these pro archers making grunting noises when they fire a bow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk  This first guy shows how  actual Archery should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu43lmPECc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0PbYN6UJY
    Good too see you still like games. Or do you? LOL
    Catibrie
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2019
    Scorchien said:

Hard Pass
    Lolis and over the top GFX seems to be their formula. I just can't get past that shit to see if there's a game worth playing under the glitz.

This video tells me everything I need to know about why I would never play this - especially the first minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgaaRmgBbs

Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Sooo, 4 stars from Kano, looks like this game has a promising future!

The one video I watched the guy was having horrendous framerate issues - 3-6 fps sometimes on well known streamer's PC is not a good sign.
    edited April 2019
    Dvora said:
    Sooo, 4 stars from Kano, looks like this game has a promising future!

The one video I watched the guy was having horrendous framerate issues - 3-6 fps sometimes on well known streamer's PC is not a good sign.
    Ya I saw that video as well, he was using a VPN to connect to a game server in another country. =-)
    Catibrie
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hmm, never was so much suck crammed into a one minute trailer.

Definitely not for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

DMKano said:
    I can't wait for everyone interested in this to try it first hand - just to see how utterly sub-par every single thing about the game is - from graphics, to music, to animations, to awful hub questing, to what's supposed to be shining star of the game - pet system (utter crap) - to half witted "deck building".

The game feels like it was supposed to release in 2007 - and it would still be mediocre back than.

Come 2019 - Astellia feels like a parody release - ugh.

People argue what AAA games are - well Astelia will show you what a FFF game is like.

Just really makes you wonder - why anyone would spend any time trying to release this in the west - when this has absolute zero chance of gaining any kind of traction today.

Are people behind western release that out of touch with the state of MMO gaming today?

A single focus play session of 30-50 mixed demographic MMO players would be enough to conclude that this is not worh investing into - I guess they failed to do the very basic of vetting when they decided to pick this up and release it in the west.
    I mean the thing is, there is a niche market for this kind of stuff in the west and Bless has shown (probably no more than 100k). Even BDO is doing better than most of the other eastern releases. MMOs are pretty much a big thing in the eastern market too so its not really any investment to be had when they come over to the west, especially since Steam doesn't really have any standards. Launching as b2p and getting 10k (even if 80%) are charged back, is still a net gain to them, given that they dont honestly have to make new content for the game until its about to tank, then they just close it. I mean, even Bless has event caught up with the amount of content the other versions had when they were (hell, it might even be around long enough for people to get Mystic at this point). For all we know, they might just be using this tactic to just pull an Astellia Unleashed cause there are people with wallets that are stupid/desperate enough to fall for it. I mean, I dont say all of this like I'm infallible, I fell for Revelation Online's trap too (if I recall, you were warning people about that one too).
    Kyleran