Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes 101 - Caravans

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
Nothing really "newsworthy" in this one, this is more of my traditionally explanation of concepts in the game.

This one talks about Caravans, which are going to be key for moving things from one side of the world to the other.  

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    They got those in the BR "testing" mode yet?

;)
    virgommo[Deleted User][Deleted User]Scotmcd6993

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I for one am tired of all the "Dev Talk", stop telling me things and SHOW me things. All to often we hear these grandiose ideas, concepts and plans. But when boots hit the dirt, you see none of it. "Sorry, this didn't make it to release, this feature was cut, feature creep stopped us from doing..etc etc etc". Talk means nothing anymore, show me the GAME, lets see what you actually got when you lay those cards on the table.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    virgommo said:
    I for one am tired of all the "Dev Talk", stop telling me things and SHOW me things. All to often we hear these grandiose ideas, concepts and plans. But when boots hit the dirt, you see none of it. "Sorry, this didn't make it to release, this feature was cut, feature creep stopped us from doing..etc etc etc". Talk means nothing anymore, show me the GAME, lets see what you actually got when you lay those cards on the table.

At this point, what you are saying is starting to become pretty representative of the community sentiments.

They cancelled the testing this weekend for "reasons" and I put reasons in quotes because its getting harder and harder to believe anything that is said.  At this point they need to literally just stop talking and start showing.  

The BR mode they decided to launch has taken them down 40 miles of bad road.  Doing a side project to make action combat "just good" would have been a GREAT idea, after you had shown a functional world to the masses, with the nodes working, guild wars, node wars, node events, castle sieges, node sieges, all those things functional.

Scotmcd6993
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    edited January 2019
    As Jahlon says nothing wrong with saying we are putting a lot of what we said we were going to do on hold to spruce up all aspects of combat. But they have put the rest of the game on hold to do this BR version and I understand they are still making out it is not effecting the development of the original game.

Time to put their hands up, say BR caused a big for AoC development and regain trust. Admit you thought it would not have the huge impact on AoC development it has. I think fans would be OK with this, it is the pretence that is riling them up.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    jahlon said:
    virgommo said:

At this point, what you are saying is starting to become pretty representative of the community sentiments.

They cancelled the testing this weekend for "reasons" and I put reasons in quotes because its getting harder and harder to believe anything that is said.  At this point they need to literally just stop talking and start showing.  

The BR mode they decided to launch has taken them down 40 miles of bad road.  Doing a side project to make action combat "just good" would have been a GREAT idea, after you had shown a functional world to the masses, with the nodes working, guild wars, node wars, node events, castle sieges, node sieges, all those things functional.

I'll have to speak to @Slapshot1188 about speeding up the delivery of the new Harbinger robes, looks like this is going to be a very busy year.

;)
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:
    virgommo said:

I'll have to speak to @Slapshot1188 about speeding up the delivery of the new Harbinger robes, looks like this is going to be a very busy year.

;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:
    virgommo said:

;)
    Their is always room.  I do not think we assigned a Lead Harbinger for Ashes of Creation yet.  With Caspien throwing tantrums in CoE again I don’t have the time.  I didn’t even know they cancelled the test this weekend.  Didn’t see it anywhere.  Guess that should tell you something...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Another game I was excited for.. Ugh. Its almost like devs these days have idea add or something, they cant just stick to the plan.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Another game I was excited for.. Ugh. Its almost like devs these days have idea add or something, they cant just stick to the plan.
    Problem is they write the synapses before they make the game. In some cased they write the entire game and market it before they have developers to make the game.
    Problem is they write the synapses before they make the game. In some cased they write the entire game and market it before they have developers to make the game.
    I think that is a very fair statement to be honest.

Ashes of Creation has really reminded me of Jeff Goldblum

"Ian: Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

Developers talk about if they could do these things, they don't stop to think if they should do these things.

Ashes is trying to do a Hybrid Combat system.  Why?  Its not like they are the leading names in the industry.  They are behind schedule on a number of things.   

Personally I think just the hybrid combat system is going to be more than they can handle.