Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Team to Run a Serverwide Scripted Event From Feb 15-17 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegends of Aria Team to Run a Serverwide Scripted Event From Feb 15-17 - MMORPG.com

The Legends of Aria team is planning to run its first-ever serverwide scripted event from February 15th to February 17th. Players will be able to take part in a special scavenger hunt all weekend to "earn exclusive items and power hour potions". This is, according to the brief post, the "first of many" coming events.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    It's saturday Suzie, take some time off, jeez.
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblinScotGaladourn
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825

Xarko said:

It's saturday Suzie, take some time off, jeez.

Ebenezer Murphy only gives his staff Christmas day off, so only eleven moths to go. ;)
    SBFord[Deleted User]XarkoJamesGoblin
  • BluntedJBluntedJ Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I was on the Legends of Ultima Community Server this morning before this announcement. After the announcement ended, someone commented in the Discord that they were experiencing a lot of lag during the event. One of the Community Server leads commented that he was spawning live mobs during the event, and this likely caused that player's lag. He also commented that Legends of Aria does not do this - live events where they spawn real time mobs.

It's funny because within a few minutes of that, this was announced.

The lead's suggested solution was that he would spawn the mobs prior to the event (and it's announcement to the server), then restart the server to see if that minimized lag. Legends of Ultima is doing another server event at 1 p.m. EST (10 minutes from this writing). The lead is going to spawn the mobs first, then restart the server to see if the lag issue is resolved.

Fingers crossed. :)
  • BluntedJBluntedJ Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Woops, meant to say "After the LoU event ended...." not "After the announcement ended..."
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Cool, they think they've figured out a way to push their "power hour potions" and avoid community pushback. Fun part is they probably have because they lost half their community when they originally announced the potions in the Loyalty store, the only ones that seem to be left are the precious white knights that think CS's poop smells like roses
    Corrupt1290
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Kinda hilarious how little momentum this game has. At least they managed to release it though.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Kinda hilarious how little momentum this game has. At least they managed to release it though.

We all huff and puff over these games. When in fact LoA is developed by 3 people. Actually its amazing what they pulled.

But what is funny that such game that in 2010 MMO scene, would be considered indie of indie, is now newsworthy AA MMO

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199

We all huff and puff over these games. When in fact LoA is developed by 3 people. Actually its amazing what they pulled.

But what is funny that such game that in 2010 MMO scene, would be considered indie of indie, is now newsworthy AA MMO
    Yeah... except they are only in early access so not released...

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I’m enjoying my time in the game. I really do have a soft spot for indie games and sandboxes. Love live events, so I’m interested what they have in mind.
    ManWithNoTan
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Deyirn said:

The game is a literal 3D clone of Ultima Online. Nothing else to it. They didn't really do much besides copy and implement the UO mechanics into Unity or whatever engine their game uses.

It's the original Shards concept that set it apart. Where there would be a lot of public servers with easy tools to use to create your own worlds. THAT was the true promise of this game. I hope they get back to that at some point.
    [Deleted User]obii

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 35

Malathoos said:

Yeah... except they are only in early access so not released...

It is released.

There will be no wipes of the servers when it is launched on Steam nor will there be any new servers at Steam release. This has been discussed to the point of nausea on the LOA forums and discord.

So the only people calling it early access are the devs and fanboys.

It benefits the devs to sell more copies of this garbage for $30 and of course fanboys keep saying this is early access so people will buy the game thinking its decent so they have more than the same 22 people to play with serverwide everyday.

If you even have the slightest inclination to buy this game dont take my word for it.

Check the official forums and the discord.

Its a game thats slowly bleeding out.

Its pretty bad when on the their own forums people daily bring up how the population is nil and no one seems to disagree except for the same few rabid fanboy voices.

I wanted this shit to succeed as much as the next guy.

But its not even about expectations at this point.

Its about what the game is at present and presently its trash.

There was an interview done with them recently on a competing website with mmorpg where they basically dont even begin to address the actual issues with the game that need to be fixed now, not 2 years from now, now.

Pretending your fractured leg isnt that big of a deal because you walk with crutch to keep pressure off of it is not the same as having it fixed.

Devs and fanboys keep ignoring issues and to no surprise the gaming community will ignore this game while being told how great an experience it is.

Strizzy12GdemamiManWithNoTan
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited February 2019
    Lots of people here calling the game crap but my question is did you just start playing recently? I called the game crap once too about a year ago but they have improved it greatly since then and that should be recognized and commended.

We need to give credit where it's due and even though it may not be the spiritual successor to UO it is still an accomplishment for such a small team like Lobotomist said. Just to put into perspective what this team spent making this game is probably around the same amount of money Blizzard spent for their cleaning service at their "campus" for a year or two.

If you look at what the game offers for the $30 price tag it's PVE, PVP, crafting, open world, open world housing, player shops, long grindy progression. For the BTP cost you can possibly get hundreds/thousands of hours of entertainment.

I'd like to see this game be developed further cause this last year of improvements proves that they are fully capable of making this a lasting indie MMO title. That "reset" mentioned in this thread I think is happening now with titles like this Project Gorgon and even SotA. How people support or don't support those games will determine if developers even bother to make MMORPG in the future. For the most part the only people willing to even try to make PC MMORPG's(not MMO's) now are people who either created or worked on old school ones. MJ, Mcquaid, Garriott, CS guys, Shadowbane guy. Should recognize that they are 'keeping it it real' when they could have easily just jumped ship to easy money mobile like the rest of them or god knows what like Smedley at Amazon.

I will definitely take advantage of this to event though to earn those xp pots by playing not paying.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    ManWithNoTan
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I personally have never had as much fun since my early UO days...so for this old man i say more power to any game that can even capture an ounce of the magic that was UO....im in.
    ManWithNoTan
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited February 2019

It is released.
    Its a game thats slowly bleeding out.

... Because it's in early access. Random people tend to not buy games in early access, your so-called fanboys do. Once it's actually purchaseable on Steam I'd expect there be an initial influx of players who waiting for the perceived "stable release" to come out before they bought in.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    So we gonna scavenge something? Sounds like a normal day on LoA plebs looting off dead plebs they didn't earn the rights for
  • KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Games an identical clone of UO but set in a Neverwinter Nights-esque engine. The fact is, the majority of people don't want this type of game. It worked in 1997, but not so much in 2019. Culture has changed. People have changed. Needs/Wants/Expectations have changed.

Not saying there aren't a few people out there who will enjoy this type of thing, or this game specifically, but the vast majority won't.

And I'm a 97-2003 UO Vet. But I am honest enough to realize that UO had its time and that time has passed. You can't recreate the magic from that era because the internet was a new concept and communication and quality of life improvements in the game world did not yet exist. Now? The last thing I want to do is chop at trees to raise my strength or macro for hours just so that my character can compete. These skill-based games only work if your character can be competitive without being maxed out. Hence why someone needs a real-time skill loss system, where points go down as others go up, or when you die (regardless of how you die). This ensures that 1) Death matters and 2) no one is ever really maxed out.

Anyways. Good luck with this.
    [Deleted User]
    Played some more last night after a few weeks break.  Had a good time.  Did not see any reds although I spent the majority of my time in the wilderness.  That’s not necessarily a good thing though.

I think they need to have money drop other than copper...  and I think their loot drops in general need variety.
    GdemamiManWithNoTan

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I agree Slapshot, the loot is a bit bland, at least with the mobs I've farmed so far. I played UO for the magic weapon drops, it provided an in-game gambling like high. Get as many as I could from Terathans, stay too long, get PK'd. Make it out, get back to town, ID the pile, holding my breath for the reveal. Good times.
    [Deleted User]
    Yeah.  Also not a huge fan of how skillbooks randomly get put in people’s packs after killing a Champion.

But they seem to be tweaking a lot so we will see where they end up
    [Deleted User]