Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They need to start over, simple as that.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
World of Warcraft 2.... With the full honesty of Blizzards original integrity.

A Vanilla game, complete with difficulty and complexity.  

I understand their stuck.  Millions of players, possibly Billions of dollars will be risked in a shift over, making it never-gonna-happen.

It's what the players want. 
Sadly it's a puzzle, much like thinking of infinity of the universe. 

What's my point ?.... I have not point, were stuck :( 
Tokken[Deleted User]Gdemami

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2019
    No....the problems started with the development leadership. Ghostcrawler was the reason the game got lfr during cata and stripped player's 'illusion of choice' (as his acolytes like to call the previous skill tree system for that garbage thing we have now) in mop. Then Ion took over and decides anything previously just doesn't matter anymore since they can just reset the game whenever they feel like it every expansion. If you look at previous developmental team philosophies and building blocks (probably before cata), it was always developmental leadership that determined if the game's direction was 'good' or 'bad.' All we get out of Ion is the same mistakes or honestly worse ones with the typical lawyer apology which is more worthless than an IOU. The people that usually bring up WoW2 only talk about graphics which is honestly not the game's problem. All these games on the market now have 'better' graphics than wow but are either just as shallow (ffxiv) or worse by having completely no sense of 'progression' at all (eso/gw2/bns). All of this is also not helped by the fact that the guy who said "you think you do but you dont" is leading the ship now.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

A Vanilla game, complete with difficulty and complexity.  

I understand their stuck.  Millions of players, possibly Billions of dollars will be risked in a shift over, making it never-gonna-happen.

It's what the players want. 
    Sadly it's a puzzle, much like thinking of infinity of the universe. 

What's my point ?.... I have not point, were stuck :( 

well, right now wow is in this state because players got EXACTLY what they have been crying for.
    don't think giving them "what they want" is what is actually needed.

we don't need the mmo we want, we need the mmo we need, don't we? :)
    mmolou

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    delete5230
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Ya know, a WoW2, might not be a bad Idea.

I might even give it a go.
    pappacube
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    the game as an mmo in the true sense of the word is done,all blizz care about now is the world first race for raids and mythic+ esports shite,about 1 percent of the players base take part in.the rest get to grind a dead game for azerite,not one for pointing the finger but ion has to take a huge part of the blame for the mess wow is currently in.
    DMKano said:
    Umm no.

Mmorpg ship has sailed and it would be a complete waste of money for Blizzard to make another mmorpg.

Blizzard needs a hit that will pull in 100million players like Fortnite did.

WoW2 isn't it.
    They could try something like Anthem, or a RvR Style game, which seem to be the new popular trend.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DMKano said:
    Umm no.

Mmorpg ship has sailed and it would be a complete waste of money for Blizzard to make another mmorpg.

WoW2 isn't it.
    So...a WOW BR, perhaps coupled with a survival game for casuals?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Umm no.

WoW2 isn't it.

I could see a survival based WoW game, with perma death, where you play a human, trying to survive an Ork invasion. Not a "Punch Tree" game, but more a salvage and run, try to survive, type game, as the Orks overrun the Human lands.

That could be cool.
    Kyleran

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Umm no.

WoW2 isn't it.

I could see a survival based WoW game, with perma death, where you play a human, trying to survive an Ork invasion. Not a "Punch Tree" game, but more a salvage and run, try to survive, type game, as the Orks overrun the Human lands.

That could be cool.
    You are not getting the WoW fanbase to buy into that game.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    Umm no.

WoW2 isn't it.
    Totally disagree....Couldn't be more far off.

The ship would be stronger than ever, it's Blizzard holding back because of the resources spent, and loss of it's original project. 

-A WoW 2 is ONLY a loss for themselves (a huge one).
    -A TOTAL WIN for the players.

Absolute fact.
    mmolouKyleran
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    seriously, screw those whiney bitches you refer to as "players" here.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Thane said:
    seriously, screw those whiney bitches you refer to as "players" here.
    This seems to have been Blizzard's mindset for some time now. And hey guess what company is supposedly facing a large number of layoffs next Tuesday.
    Daybreak? Standing Stone? Soulbound Studios? Arena Net? 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    edited February 2019
    After the cancellation of their last MMO project, I don't think a WOW 2 is in the cards. Theyre releasing WOW classic soon so everyone that's been pining for the "good ole days" should be happy. Until they hit endgame of course . Then it will be interesting to see what happens next. If I were Blizzard I'd continue releasing newer content(quests, dungeons,raids etc) for the classic servers, just LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE! Seriously, stop reinventing the wheel with every expansion. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

ktanner3 said:
    After the cancellation of their last MMO project, I don't think a WOW 2 is in the cards. Theyre releasing WOW classic soon so everyone that's been pining for the "good ole days" should be happy. Until they hit endgame of course . Then it will be interesting to see what happens next. If I were Blizzard I'd continue releasing newer content(quests, dungeons,raids etc) for the classic servers, just LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE! Seriously, stop reinventing the wheel with every expansion. 
    "Then it will be interesting to see what happens next"
    "If I were Blizzard I'd continue releasing newer content"

I agree, this idea would be unpopular now and for the first year.  This discussion would have to be revisited at a later date.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited February 2019
    You do realise that if WoW2 came out it would almost certainly have a full on cash shop? It would probably be subscription, but the lesson ESO showed, that you don't need a cash shop at launch in modern MMOs, has just been ignored.
    Scot said:
    You do realise that if WoW2 came out it would almost certainly have a full on cash shop? It would probably be subscription, but the lesson ESO showed, that you don't need a cash shop at launch in modern MMOs, has just been ignored.
    Add that it would be "easy" combat and very gimmicky.  It wouldn't be anything like vanilla or the fans of it would enjoy.

I hope the Classic Vanilla server will at the very least snap them into place.  New developers need to be deprogrammed. 
    Scot
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

All they have left is the full honesty of Activision's original disintegrity.