Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Sound of Fury | 3.4.05 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - The Sound of Fury | 3.4.05 - MMORPG.com

Here it is: Friday. Not only is it the herald of the weekend, but it's also Star Citizen: Around the Verse to close our your gaming week. This time LA Studio Director Eric Kieron Davis and Technical Director of Content Sean Tracy host The Sound and the Fury. The pair "check in with character animation and continue [the] exploration of the new flight model with look at ship AI and audio". Check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    You can't spell Roberts without Rob.
    MadFrenchieAzaron_NightbladeOctagon7711Alomarmcd6993Mr.GutsyEponyxDamorChaserzSlyLoKsgeland 10 others.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I find funny since he was getting a huge back slash now is almost like every week they are trying very hard to sell they are making progress, but when someone push a heavy PR to try to sell his game its make wonder how bad a game can be if you need to be that heavy on pr, its like the goverment on my country, they make heave PR about how "good" they are doing around the country, but when you get close, if the things don't dismantle on you looking too hard is almost a miracle
    bwwianakiev
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Still waiting for the beta.
    Scot
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

I find funny since he was getting a huge back slash now is almost like every week they are trying very hard to sell they are making progress, but when someone push a heavy PR to try to sell his game its make wonder how bad a game can be if you need to be that heavy on pr, its like the goverment on my country, they make heave PR about how "good" they are doing around the country, but when you get close, if the things don't dismantle on you looking too hard is almost a miracle

... There is no conspiracy dude. This is ATV, done in this version or under others name, every single week since years and providing information, feedback about project together with 2 Roadmap (Squadron 42 + Star Citizen) and quarterly patch.

Nothing to do either with a miracle but +500 team working hard and +2.3 millions of Registred Users supporting this project with a Beta in a year and half.
    etlarErillionLife2vbwwianakiev
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    JoeBlober said:

... There is no conspiracy dude. This is ATV, done in this version or under others name, every single week since years and providing information, feedback about project together with 2 Roadmap (Squadron 42 + Star Citizen) and quarterly patch.

Nothing to do either with a miracle but +500 team working hard and +2.3 millions of Registred Users supporting this project with a Beta in a year and half.
    I mean, the game has been delayed now how many times, and they still aren't even in the beta state? It was originally supposed to fully launch in 2014. It started development in 2012. 7 years in development with a team of 500+ people, 216 million dollars raised, still no beta for another year and a half?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

JoeBlober said:

I mean, the game has been delayed now how many times, and they still aren't even in the beta state? It was originally supposed to fully launch in 2014. It started development in 2012. 7 years in development with a team of 500+ people, 216 million dollars raised, still no beta for another year and a half?

I would ask what road map version he was talking about, but nvm
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited February 2019

Oh, really, since when has the word {{{{ESTIMATED}}}} meant it will 100% happen.
    From the ToS:
    RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to diver to you the pledge items and the game on or before the {{{{{{ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE}}}}}} communicated to you on the website.
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[HOWEVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DELIVERY AS OF SUCH DATE IS {{{{NOT}}}} A FIRM PROMISE AND MAY BE EXTENDED BY RSI SINCE UNFORESEEN EVENTS MAY EXTEND THE DEVELOPMENT AND/OR PRODUCTION TIME.]]]]]]]]]]]]]

https://imgur.com/pbDM6kW
    https://imgur.com/EPMxrzE
    https://imgur.com/eEcLbIL

Also, 2012 was the start of kickstarter not development, no matter how much you want to revise history.
    CIG/RSI started with 8 people with NO OFFICE SPACE FROM WHICH TO WORK, as attested by the provided screenshot.
    The 216,000,000 was EARNED OVER that SAME 7 YEAR TIME FRAME.
    Starting with the 5+ million shown by the screenshot.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Alomarmcd6993EponyxDamorKyleranPanther2103ErillionBabuinixLife2v
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Is Star Citizen considered a meme yet?
    mcd6993Kyleran
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Somebody in this thread is angry.  But that won't make the criticisms go away.
    KyleranErillion

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    JoeBlober said:

Last video I saw they were talking about reworking the thrusters on all the ships for the new flight model.  How many ship reworks does that make?  How many if they need to update it again after this one?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    so funny they still do these things. but then again they have that movie studio they spent all that money on so might as well use it I guess.

Star Citizen is done over kaput. Best anyone can hope for is someone else bails them out with some (more) cash to make sure SQ 42 gets finished.

But these guys will only be around as long as people keep throwing money at them and its literally pay check to paycheck now with them meaning they can only 'make' something equal to whatever they JUST received.

There is zsero business plan now and its simply spend what you make and hope you get it right. Thats why its amazing that theyre STILL remaking things (how many times is it now) when they dont have any money and they dont have anything close to a game.

Its the very definition of delusional. But maybe not. In a real world with real people with real brains the money train would have and should have dried up, especially after the Forbes article. but nope in this matrix we live in now people are still apparently willing to throwing hundreds of thousands and million at this train wreck.

But these guys still do things like they expect to keep raking in 40-50 mil a year. Which SHOULD be delusional. They stopped updating the crowdfunding spreadsheet so hard saying what theyre doing now. Last Jan they raised 2.2 million. as of 1-14-19 (last day it was updated(they had raised about 1.4 million in January this year. So more than last year. Just mind boggling.
    Erillion
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487

rodarin said:

Last Jan they raised 2.2 million.

OK stop right there! Here is why this whole thing is a scam.

They do not need to raise anymore money to finish the game that they *originally* promised. They have already raised far more than what they said they needed to make the game that they *originally* promised.

Emphasis on ORIGINAL PROMISE.

With all the money raised, they still have not delivered on the ORIGINAL PROMISE. Why are they getting more money? Why do they need more money? Why are you giving them more money? They already have the funding they asked for. Now DELIVER IT!

SCAM.
    Life2vMr.Gutsy
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

That's because there is no validity to any of the criticism, its just people's opinions on what they think should be happening. Just a bunch dopey gamer's playing arm chair developer's that don't have a clue about fundraising or software development. But I get a kick out of all the illogical arguments people put out there.
    XarkoBabuinixErillion
  • bigcrackerbigcracker Member UncommonPosts: 87

Durzax said:

Oh, really, since when has the word {{{{ESTIMATED}}}} meant it will 100% happen.
    From the ToS:
    RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to diver to you the pledge items and the game on or before the {{{{{{ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE}}}}}} communicated to you on the website.
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[HOWEVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DELIVERY AS OF SUCH DATE IS {{{{NOT}}}} A FIRM PROMISE AND MAY BE EXTENDED BY RSI SINCE UNFORESEEN EVENTS MAY EXTEND THE DEVELOPMENT AND/OR PRODUCTION TIME.]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Also, 2012 was the start of kickstarter not development, no matter how much you want to revise history.
    CIG/RSI started with 8 people with NO OFFICE SPACE FROM WHICH TO WORK, as attested by the provided screenshot.

I realize you goons are fucking brain dead morons, however surely you all can come up with better bullshit. 

Found the guy that backed a lot. Chris Roberts,Erin Roberts, Disco Lando,Ben Lesnick and the other community manager I can't remember said the game was ready for release in 2014. Also 2015 and again in 2016. They even said they played it through to the end. Just because they say they're "transparent" doesn't mean what they're showing you is the truth.
    Life2v
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    goboygo said:

That's because there is no validity to any of the criticism, its just people's opinions on what they think should be happening. Just a bunch dopey gamer's playing arm chair developer's that don't have a clue about fundraising or software development. But I get a kick out of all the illogical arguments people put out there.
    Being this many years behind the original schedule with no true end in sight isn't an opinion, though.

Xarko

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    You can't spell Roberts without Rob.
    rofl :)

It was in front of us this whole time.

..Cake..

rodarin said:

Last Jan they raised 2.2 million.

OK stop right there! Here is why this whole thing is a scam.

They do not need to raise anymore money to finish the game that they *originally* promised. They have already raised far more than what they said they needed to make the game that they *originally* promised.

Emphasis on ORIGINAL PROMISE.

With all the money raised, they still have not delivered on the ORIGINAL PROMISE. Why are they getting more money? Why do they need more money? Why are you giving them more money? They already have the funding they asked for. Now DELIVER IT!

SCAM.
    If the white knights who defended this thing at every turn here were still getting paid I am sure they would have had the usual laundry list of reasons why this isnt the case anymore.

What you see is what you get. Whatever is playable is what 220 million bought you.
    goboygo said:

They have raised 216 or whatever million. Theyre sitting on probably 10 million right now so they have spent at least 200 million and probably closer to 205 million. Theyre so broke that they have been seeking investors for years. They finally had a guy who actually admitted to giving them money...46 million. Allegedly this isnt for the game or even SC proper but for marketing and promotion of SQ 42, a game thats even by their own extremely favorable timetable is 2 years away.

So looking at what they have even if you want to go to the test bed and think everything there will be 100% playable with what money they have left is that 215 million dollars 'worth' of 'product'?

Their financials are not opinion. They may be self generated but they are sort of valid. The Forbes article corroborated the financials as in they reiterated that SC is broke and has been running at a deficit for at least 3 years and more than likely (when they come out) 2018 financials will show they were upside down there as well. 

This whole fiasco is and has been from the start about money. The whole "I can get 4 times as much development from your donations as a big studio'' bullshit speech Roberts started out with set that tone. And as the hype and new 'records' were set everyone who wanted to defend this crap cited THOSE monetary figures as some sort of validation of why they were defending it. BECAUSE they were getting that type of money meant the game couldnt help but be made or 'finished' but as these revelations of the past 2-3 months have shown that isnt even close to reality.

Because all of those so called opinions and anecdotal stories of Roberts and his past have basically all been proven out is spectacular fashion.

There were three major criticisms of Roberts, and he has shown those to be without a doubt absolutely verified with this, and in every case even more extreme than the original issues he had.

Its amazing people can still defend it. But then again people defend a lot of stupid shit that has more real world ramifications than this  scam does.
    Erillion
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    You'd get the real scoop if you could ask a former employee. That would be enlightening.
    Erillionitchmon
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

goboygo said:

It just shows people care. This is the dream game of many, its normal that the masses get restless.

It's this ongoing hype/frustration symbiose that has made Star Citizen so popular and bringing millions year after year.

If making a game like Star Citizen was easy some big studio would have done it by now. :)
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

You'd get the real scoop if you could ask a former employee. That would be enlightening.

It depends entirely on which agenda you're eager to promote ! ;)

Best place to find "negative views" will be amongst the former employees of any company...
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Durzax said:

From the ToS:

I realize you goons are fucking brain dead morons, however surely you all can come up with better bullshit. 
    If we were the kind of people to leave well enough alone, we wouldn't be here ;)
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Star Citizen will release in 2014-Chris Roberts
    Star Citizen will release in 2017-Chris Roberts

I wonder how many whales will pass away while waiting for a beta.
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Wow so many negative comment's, This game has proven it self over and over again, And yet all the bad comments seem to be coming from people who never even bothered to even play or keep upto date with the game, you don't have companies in diff countries and have over 500 workers if you're scamming people, If he is just scamming then he is very bad at it since he has made a very large and successful company and even involves his own family into it, He must be a monster involving his own children, As a few vids his 2 daughters have been in them, I wish people will just take the time to check the game out instead of just assuming it is a big scam.
    moguy1Babuinix
  • bigcrackerbigcracker Member UncommonPosts: 87

Wow so many negative comment's, This game has proven it self over and over again, And yet all the bad comments seem to be coming from people who never even bothered to even play or keep upto date with the game, you don't have companies in diff countries and have over 500 workers if you're scamming people, If he is just scamming then he is very bad at it since he has made a very large and successful company and even involves his own family into it, He must be a monster involving his own children, As a few vids his 2 daughters have been in them, I wish people will just take the time to check the game out instead of just assuming it is a big scam.

I played and backed. The game is nothing like promised and keeps getting feature creep. Roberts is not scamming people, he is just doing what he did before and micromanage everything and mismanaging everything. Where is this content in the PU? it almost been three years now