Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ1 Vets Get in Here

124»

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited February 2019
    In the beginning, I was quite excited about a game that would be implementing systems and gameplay from EQ1 and hopefully more from Vanguard along with some new ideas, but that doesn't appear to be the case so far as it seems to pull 95% from EQ1.  The original EQ was okay for its time, but I didn't hesitate to jump ship as soon as Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft came out as they were significantly more rewarding for the time spent playing them.  I am no longer excited about this game, but I still hope that the current design philosophy might change more into something I'd enjoy as it get's closer to beta.
    Post edited by Vorthanion on
    Mendel

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Scott23 said:
    Mylan12 said:
    <snip>
     I once did a complete hate raid as a corpse. I was dragged along by a cleric and res if any bard stuff dropped. This was went verdant messed up on an update by a decimal point or so they say and made bards super agro magnets.

<snip>
    I did one of those too.  I was in Hate right after that patch.  Two pieces of bard gear dropped and at the end I was one death away from de-leveling when we were done.  I was sweating bullets

(For those that don't know - you couldn't enter the plane of hate or fear if you were not level 50 - when we finally left I think I was level 50 by about 100 exp.)
    Since they did not cap experience at first, I was so far over level 50 (experience wise) when Hate and Fear came out that de-leveling was not really possible for most of us early levelers.
     I really hated it when the first expansions came out and they took all that excess experience away and then put a cap on it at max level.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    For those afraid of a death penalty, you may want to consider what you're supporting. The lack of meaningful consequences for ones actions is the major downfall of MMO gaming. Anyone that fails to acknowledge this is seriously missing the point of Pantheon.

As for my fears, two major ones come to mind. The 1st is Brad sabotage and/or bankruptcy/vaporware, aka the Vanguard lesson. The 2nd is that the finished product will just make me want to play classic EQ.
    sakin13
  • Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Mylan12 said:
    Scott23 said:
    Mylan12 said:
    <snip>
     I once did a complete hate raid as a corpse. I was dragged along by a cleric and res if any bard stuff dropped. This was went verdant messed up on an update by a decimal point or so they say and made bards super agro magnets.

<snip>
    I did one of those too.  I was in Hate right after that patch.  Two pieces of bard gear dropped and at the end I was one death away from de-leveling when we were done.  I was sweating bullets

(For those that don't know - you couldn't enter the plane of hate or fear if you were not level 50 - when we finally left I think I was level 50 by about 100 exp.)
    Since they did not cap experience at first, I was so far over level 50 (experience wise) when Hate and Fear came out that de-leveling was not really possible for most of us early levelers.
     I really hated it when the first expansions came out and they took all that excess experience away and then put a cap on it at max level.

Yeah, I was a slow leveler and took enough risks that (until they announced a level cap increase) I don't think I was ever above about halfway through 50 :)
  • sakin13sakin13 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Death penalty should be implemented for higher levels only and should not be associated with  experience loss but instead  with slower advance in experience for a certain amount of time. Losing gear should be implemented as well IMHO as it will definitely add to the Thrill of the game. 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    edited February 2019
    The death penalty should be balanced, not overwhelmingly harsh.
    XP loss, even level loss is fine.  You can make that up in a few sessions

Losing all your gear is not fine.  It could take up to a year to regear and that is assuming it doesnt happen again.  And while you regear who will have you in a group?  You cant tank without gear.