Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 Reasons to Check Out Albion Online in 2019 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

image6 Reasons to Check Out Albion Online in 2019 - MMORPG.com

A lot has changed in Albion Online since its release in 2017. For those who've been away from the game for a while, or haven't yet tried it out, we've put together this list of some things that have been happening in the game since launch. From new features that offer broader gameplay experiences to far-reaching upgrades and improvements, here's what you might have missed.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    if these are teh best you can come out with to try to make player test it, you some serious problem with this game
    PuReDusTInteritusnatpickdoomexAlomarsacredcow4Thaharnycplayboy78Gdemamidinogn
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited February 2019
    The game is well done, it just isn't very fun unless you are into grinds. And MMORPG....might want to add the usual sponsored tag to the headline on the main page, right now there is none. You don't see sponsored until you fall for the clickbait ;) I am sure there will be a few complaints as usual.
    madazzsacredcow4dinogn
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I've been playing Albion since release and I really enjoy this game. There is no mind numbing quests but only gathering, dungeons, warcamps, territories, marketplace, and great PvP. This game is grindy but reminds of you of how old school MMO's were. You have the freedom to go out and kill mobs while also watching your back for a fight. The community is fun and the end game is PvP. If you don't enjoy PvP you won't like this game. If you like PvP, give it a shot, you'll have fun. 
    Pindelfix
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    This game is like Ultima and Runescape had an illegitimate baby and I love it.
    ceh430madazznatpickdoomexPindelfix
  • mercstermercster Member UncommonPosts: 70
    It's niche, but it's a great game for what it is.
    Pindelfix
  • miawanmiawan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    It's trash. Zerg based pvp where 10 people kill the solo person and take all their loot. No wonder this game failed.
    sschruppmilayskyDinastyceh430velimiriusSlyLoKRenoakunatpickDubbleFisterAsmodeuXand 6 others.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    This is the game where the developers themselves said you had to pay the optional sub in order to even think of being relevant in the game.
    Gdemami
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    shithousery is what it is.
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Played at beta and release. Won't be playing again.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2019

miawan said:

It's trash. Zerg based pvp where 10 people kill the solo person and take all their loot. No wonder this game failed.

Why would anyone be solo in the areas where the large scale PvP happens? O___o

Late PvP is meant for guild play not for solo play.

Game gives you a trash experience if you try to bend it to something it's not, because it won't bend.
    GdemamiPindelfix
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    6 Reasons why its sponsored :D
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Cuppett5 said:

I've been playing Albion since release and I really enjoy this game. There is no mind numbing quests but only gathering, dungeons, warcamps, territories, marketplace, and great PvP. This game is grindy but reminds of you of how old school MMO's were. You have the freedom to go out and kill mobs while also watching your back for a fight. The community is fun and the end game is PvP. If you don't enjoy PvP you won't like this game. If you like PvP, give it a shot, you'll have fun. 

The thing is how necessary is end game though if you never feel the need to PVP. If you never end game you can avoid PvP almost entirely.

All I do is PVE, gather and craft + monthly challenges and I'm happy. I sell lower tier materials to buy highest tier level ones.

With the upcoming PVE additions I'm sure more players will just PVE + there are already some PVE focused guilds.

The game still has a lot to offer if you just only PVE.
    MaxBaconDubbleFisterCuppett5

Asch126 said:

This is the game where the developers themselves said you had to pay the optional sub in order to even think of being relevant in the game.

I was concerned about that too until I realized how easily you pay the sub by just playing the game, as it's both paid by gold and in-game currency.

As example a gatherer in our guild progressed enough so when he dedicates a day to farming he is able to profit 4 million silver, the subscription will cost 3.5million silver a month.

Guilds themselves have services like hiring players to dedicate 10 minutes a few days every week to upkeep laborers and such, paying over 500k a week just for that, so really when you mind the earning rates this has paying the sub is a non-issue.

I own Albion for long but started playing time ago again as they improved several PvE aspects of it btw
    edited February 2019
    BruceYee said:
    The thing is how necessary is end game though if you never feel the need to PVP. If you never end game you can avoid PvP almost entirely.

All I do is PVE, gather and craft + monthly challenges and I'm happy. I sell lower tier materials to buy highest tier level ones.

With the upcoming PVE additions I'm sure more players will just PVE + there are already some PVE focused guilds.

The game still has a lot to offer if you just only PVE.
    Yup even the areas with PvP on the continent are mostly safe and, as a gatherer myself I just sustain a build that is anti-ganking if I ever run into PvP situations when I am on full loop pvp areas.

Albion seems to be investing more on PvE on the next update too so there is a fair balance between both spectrums that are profitable with how it all ties to the economy 
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    edited February 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    "Why would anyone be solo in the areas where the large scale PvP happens? O___o"

Um, because that is where all the high-level crafting materials are gathered? They force PvE players to travel to the PvP areas to get ganked.

Edit: Cuz formatting is hard.
    edited February 2019
    GrandpaDJ said:
    Um, because that is where all the high-level crafting materials are gathered? They force PvE players to travel to the PvP areas to get ganked.
    That will be in the late game, and late game is where large-scale pvp gets a play.

Now PvE players are not forced to go to the highest resource tier areas (the black zones) to gather materials.

And why? Because Albion economy has multiple huge pillars, if you dedicate yourself to crafting, or farming, etc... you don't need to go into the open world gather resources you are earning your silver doing the activities you want to do you can just buy the resources from the markets.

Albion is a game of very nitpicky specializations, you can dodge the late pvp entirely and still be a highly profitable player and achieve what you want. Not being solo just eases it all up.

But doing so also makes the game meh being full pve on a game as this, the pve activities are the backbone of what sustains the pvp.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

GrandpaDJ said:

MaxBacon said:

"Why would anyone be solo in the areas where the large scale PvP happens? O___o"

Edit: Cuz formatting is hard.

There is another way to get those materials. Sell lower tier materials to buy black zone level ones. If your gathering is high enough you can clear yellow, red zones in minutes. I'm currently working towards that goal. Many times gatherers just gather in mainland PVP zones so there is an unspoken truce/agreement to not PVP.

Only times I ever go to black zones is in suicide gear with ONE highest level gathering tool, whichever line I'm leveling up or looking to test my luck with a force guided ninja run. The tool I craft in my town at the toolmaker with materials bought from AH by selling lower tier ones.

Time of day also matters. There is a time at night when most NA and EU are asleep which conveniently happens to be the time I get home from work.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2019

miawan said:

It failed because of the direction the game developers took, and many mistakes the developers made.

- Game never made it to Google Play / APP Store, because it couldn't follow their rules and easy to charge back thus why did they make it for mobile instead of making the game for PC with better graphics.

- Laborers Journals, they blame and threaten to suspend players who paid attention to the patch notes and abused what they called an exploitm, even though it was their own mistake instead of shutting it down and fixing it asap.

- Recently just within the last 72 hours, in 2017 they ban and accuse people of RMT with a (Zero Tolerance Policy) but yesterday changed their rules and temporary banned 300 or so accounts based off a forum post on their official site (Though a friend inquired about it and they said suspended = banned, but these are two different words unless you count a 200 year suspension as a ban they can't even get this right.

- They banned a player at least temporary who offered to give 100k gold to help a new player they referer to the game because it's against their rules (Yet it's a sandbox game right?) Should players not be allowed to give their resources or currency away freely to others? https://imgur.com/a/BV5L6B4 Then it's hidden from public view later to cover up what they did.

- The game is designed around Large War / Clan PVP now no more solo content for solo players who want to get a surprize ganking people and getting away to safety which made the game fun back in the days of testing.

- Bank OF Albion 3rd party investments, Generally it's not allowed to give items or currency away with nothing in return but the company allows this player run bank to do 3rd party investments in-game.

- Iron Bank Incident, where users were allowed to commit fraud purchases and pay with gold to silver exchange in game to acquire another lands holdings (Where it was a inside job) cannot be proven due to the fact that VPN's are easy to use but either way it should have never happened.

The problem isn't that Albion Online sucks, it's the company running the game into the ground, and the fact that there are newer games like "Fractured & Legends OF Aria" that have a chance at making a better game.

The game and it's developers unfairly punished founders of this game with false accusations without hard evidence in a sandbox MMORPG, they went as far as blame people for incidents like "Laborers Journals" and even their own mistakes of allowing people to trade in-game items from founders packs to new players after gold sellers would commit fraud.

The company could have easily added restrictions to the game to prevent people from doing this and issued warnings to everyone earlier, but no one was even warned this type of illicit activity was going on until after people started getting banned, even new players for just accepting mounts and stuff in good faith it was someone trying to help.

Look @ EVE Online the True Sandbox game, where players can freely give items away, if I wanted to for example I could buy $500 in Plex, sell all of them on the in-game market, and then give it away to a friend or anything I want to and no one is going to get into trouble unless I file a Charge-Back.

Albion Online needs to be bought out by a new company who can make the proper changes and host it or IMO it's done for because there are still better games.
    Gdemami
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

This game is like Ultima and Runescape had an illegitimate baby and I love it.

You fucking liar. It is NOTHING like either of those games. No depth. It is not an open seamless world. It has little to no content. The game was originally advertised as the second coming of UO which they retracted after selling some Founders packs.

Why the FUCK would you pretend that its anything like those two games? Seriously... that is quite a fucking lie.
    Gdemami
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    This game is garbage.
  • Fibo21Fibo21 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I played the game 3 years, I had a lot of fun in beta1 a long time ago. Kept playing and grinding after that. There is a lot of grind and sadly every update makes it less hardcore and full loot, more grind. In the end game you can really win or lose, nothing matters, you just grind more stuff more fame...

But the most terrible thing is that they have multiple big bugs, that can cause you to lose everything you have accumulated, stored in a safe zone, or that have equipped in a safe zone. SBI (the compagny who makes the game) don't care you just lose your stuff, once multiple people have been griefed and complained they only start fixing the bug but your stuff is gone. Weither you paid for it (with RL cash) or weither you grinded it). I lost all my stuff due to a bug, and they don't care, they even lost tickets sent to their support. So yes I'm obviously pissed at them.

Obviously, they are paying for this article. The game is dying and they probably knew it before launch, from my perspective with a player access (but former computer engineer), the structure of the code seems terrible, causing lag on servers but also technicle issues to make proper updates and fix bugs. The population of the game is critical, when some other MMOS will be launched (like crowfall), they should lose more population...

safe your money for other MMOs
    Gdemami
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    All I want from the game with graphics like that - fun content with arcade dungeons where mobs aren't damage sponges (i.e. like in Diablo). Mass battles with full loot? No way.

Thank you for your time!

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Viper482 said:

The game is well done, it just isn't very fun unless you are into grinds.

And MMORPG....might want to add the usual sponsored tag to the headline on the main page, right now there is none. You don't see sponsored until you fall for the clickbait ;) I am sure there will be a few complaints as usual.

This is the most grindy mobo that exists. You see the ENTIRE game loop in the first 4 hours of play. The only difference from your first 4 hours and the next 400 hours is how long it takes to unlock the next carrot.

The fact that they call this game a sandbox is disgusting. They should be sued for libel(lying to people) and then slander(for making new gamers think this is what a sandbox is).
    Gdemami
     I've been here a while...
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    ^ DarkFall was still the last True Sandbox game I ever played, and actually enjoyed playing, I have yet to find another true sandbox I really like );...
    Gdemami
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    https://steamcharts.com/app/761890
    dunno for non steam ppl
    isn't an empty game now?
    i played beta and release and forget it , never come back