Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Complete Collection Arrives with a Large New QoL Update - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars Complete Collection Arrives with a Large New QoL Update - MMORPG.com

If you've a hankering for a blast from the past, ArenaNet has announced the Guild Wars Complete Collection for $39.99. This new package edition features all of the game's campaigns plus the Eye of the North expansion. In short, it is "everything the original Guild Wars has to offer in one complete package".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    First and last game I ever played a healer in. Man, did I ever love my Monk. :)
    maskedweaselBlueThunderBear[Deleted User]AI724exile01ceh430velimiriusfrA6meNoxiasSetzer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I remember scraping the boundaries for that 100% map completion...
    SBFordShadowStyleBwingoodnproseAlpiusScotmazutceh430[Deleted User]frA6meand 1 other.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2019
    This is nice that after so many years they come up with this.

I would love if this news revived interest in the game, and ANET updates it more. I think it's better to have both games running, getting updates and making money.

And maybe even add more inter-connectivity between both games like cross game guild, or at least more stuff to unlock.
    ShadowStyleBSBFordOctagon7711RueTheWhirlThupli[Deleted User]Gorwe

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited February 2019
    This is welcome, but also completely the wrong direction. This game deserves a f2p relaunch with its own small but active update team.

Still, $40 for a complete edition of one of the best games ever made is a great deal.
    rojoArcueidSBFordOctagon7711AlbatroeswingoodRueTheWhirlThupliceh430Gorwe
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    I am building a new computer and it is funny this and GW2 are all I want to play on it right now lol.
    SBFordRueTheWhirlThupli

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

SBFord said:

Monks in GW1 were awesome. protection prayers ftw. besides energy system in GW1 was one of the best resouirce management systems in any mmo imo.
    SBFordwingoodRueTheWhirlThupliMargraveGorwe
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I would love if this news revived interest in the game, and ANET updates it more. I think it's better to have both games running, getting updates and making money.

And maybe even add more inter-connectivity between both games like cross game guild, or at least more stuff to unlock.
    I'm sure that's phase 2. Gotta snag those initial box sales. :)
    SBFordRueTheWhirlThupliCelcius

Joined - July 2004

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I really enjoyed this game and if it wasn't for GW2, I would probably still be playing it.  Getting additional rewards for having played the first game was an awesome move.
    Jilyna

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

Aeander said:

This is welcome, but also completely the wrong direction. This game deserves a f2p relaunch with its own small but active update team.

Still, $40 for a complete edition of one of the best games ever made is a great deal.

From my understanding they already have a small team something like 2 people keeping the game up and running. I think Anet is looking to put f2p resources into it.
    momintim said:

Aeander said:

From my understanding they already have a small team something like 2 people keeping the game up and running. I think Anet is looking to put f2p resources into it.
    By small team, I meant more than a couple people for maintenance. I mean like a team capable of doing not only QoL updates, but also tweaking balance and adding new content. Not as ambitious as GW2's quarterly living world schedule, but if the game could get a handful of new quests every year, that would be more than enough. Hell, they canceled the last parts of Guild Wars Beyond, which was meant to bridge lore gaps into Guild Wars 2.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Unless they added a way to jump no thanks! I loved the first one, but can't tell you how often I tried to jump over something.
    azurreiceh430JilynaSetzer
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 144

Id rather they make an actual sequel to GW1, not that game called GW2 that is nothing like GW1.
    ceh430Gorwe
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Aeander said:

Honestly, I'm with you. Games like WoW/FFXIV/ESO/GW2 aren't really hated so much as its the fact the older iterations or sequels etc end up eclipsing previous things. In a perfect world, we'd have separate servers for each expansion/sequel etc that were kept up-to-date at the very least with bug fixes and qol adjustments to a degree, but greed always wins today. All these companies think every game needs a BR mode or they need to develop a BR game because its the 'hottest thing' right now, just like arpgs before that and mobas before that and wow-clones before that. All along side with either mobile ports and/or mobile apps.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    My account lost long long ago sadly

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Albatroes said:
    Aeander said:

Honestly, I'm with you. Games like WoW/FFXIV/ESO/GW2 aren't really hated so much as its the fact the older iterations or sequels etc end up eclipsing previous things. In a perfect world, we'd have separate servers for each expansion/sequel etc that were kept up-to-date at the very least with bug fixes and qol adjustments to a degree, but greed always wins today. All these companies think every game needs a BR mode or they need to develop a BR game because its the 'hottest thing' right now, just like arpgs before that and mobas before that and wow-clones before that. All along side with either mobile ports and/or mobile apps.
    Guild Wars 1 is a special case. There isn't another game like it on the market. Sure, there are other instanced CRPGs like Vindictus and Dragon Nest, but these are shallow games based on action combat and repeating the same few linear boss runs. Guild Wars 1 was flexible, massive, and gave players ultimate buildcrafting freedom. It was a thinking man's game, and we need more of that.
    ThupliShadowStyleBexile01JilynaGorweAnireth
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    So whats pairing good with necromancer these days?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've decided to install it for a blast from the past after seeing this.
    ScorchienThupli
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    SBFord said:
    I was all about the Ranger. I loved pretty much every aspect of them. 

I mained a Cripshot build in Alliance Battles before it was cool. 

I played a lot of Trapper in Alliance Battles as well.

Spreading condis with Burning Arrow and Poison Arrows was fun as well. 

And my favorite build was a custom-made R/A build which would apply Augury of Death then burst the foe with my pet for a huge solo-burst combo that would surprise kill just about everyone I came across.
    SBFord
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Best game ever made.

Unfortunately, I can't really play it anymore because I've played through it all and there's not much left to do.  All that's left is vanquishing and Eye of the North hard mode dungeons, neither of which are particularly fun.  I had legendary guardian on a character of each class--and without ever using the stupidly overpowered PVE-only skills that Eye of the North added.
    RueTheWhirlperrin82
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2019

Aeander said:

Albatroes said:

Aeander said:

Guild Wars 1 is a special case. There isn't another game like it on the market. Sure, there are other instanced CRPGs like Vindictus and Dragon Nest, but these are shallow games based on action combat and repeating the same few linear boss runs. Guild Wars 1 was flexible, massive, and gave players ultimate buildcrafting freedom. It was a thinking man's game, and we need more of that.

What I was trying to elude to in my post (I probably didnt articulate it well enough) was that each version of a game/series should be able to exist long the other. Like if an expansion comes out, have the new expansion servers and some old ones. Of course people will argue that it would cost too much, but honestly, it would not especially with how the actual quality of mmorpgs has either gone down or stayed the same over the years. One can argue that visually, they have gotten better but visuals are one of the cheapest parts of any game and are usually contracted out. Alas, we live in a world and time where easy money is too stupid to pass up, which is why we are in this BR mode trend now and why we have heavy catch up mechanics on the first day of raids, with rewards being handed to people that dont have the skill level to match, because publishers seem to think that keeps people around....
  • nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited February 2019
    They raised the prices of every other shop item by 20-30% with this addition and the latest ingame update. Fuck anet for that. The game gets 15 years old this year i think and instead of lowering prices they raised it.. A f2p relaunch would kill the game completely. Bots are already accessible enough and they would just run rampart and destroy everything.
    ThupliCaffynatedPuReDusTGorwe
  • AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I reintalled GW1 with all expansions just two weeks ago. I logged on and saw many ppl are still playing it. Man, was I happy to see that!. I love this game and will replay the entire game just for all the lores.

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    F2P would be a mistake...  Seeing that GW1 is getting the love it deserves is awesome..  I still have it installed and will be jumping in from time to time as per usual..  It would be cool to see some added content, but it prob wouldnt be likely..  But hey Bards Tale got some love so anythings possible right?
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    I miss my Warrior/Necro and this is a great idea.. but I don't know If I can get past the graphics today. Sort of like Anarchy Online. Games that I spent a lot of time in back in the day that now even seeing them its like...ehhh... If they updated the graphics to match GW2 I would be in there in a heartbeat. funny because Im not a fan of GW2 at all but the first one is one my favs.

AmazingAvery
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.