Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2: 20 Minutes of Co-op Mission Gameplay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Division 2: 20 Minutes of Co-op Mission Gameplay - MMORPG.com

This week, players will finally get a chance to check out The Division 2 with the start of the first beta opportunity on February 7th. IGN managed to get hands on with the game to showcase an entire 20-minute PvE mission. While the mission won't be present in the beta, it's a chance to see the game in action from a variety of perspectives.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I love this because

1) I love third person
    2 I love cover shooters

I am not very good at these games but I can at least play this in comparison to the games that are too hard and require way more quick reactions. The reason I loved the Mass Effect series too was of course the story but because I love the cover shooter bits.

I too was unimpressed with Anthem and the flying was overrated and not as exciting as I imagined it would be.
    ValdheimSBFord[Deleted User][Deleted User]Solancer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

LOL It BURNS!!!!!!!!!!

Where as with Anthem I got less excited the more they showed, with this it is the exact opposite.

Will look forward to the beta and see how it goes but looks great.

You are comparing a game that has had loads of updates to one yet to launch.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

LOL It BURNS!!!!!!!!!!

Where as with Anthem I got less excited the more they showed, with this it is the exact opposite.

Agree. Anthem was a huge let down, from what I could experience... Honestly if I want to play a shooter arpg I'd rather play Destiny 2, which says volume having in mind that for me D2 was the worst purchase I've ever made online... I got a $450 gaming chair that I use as bed for my cats cause I don't use it and I still think it was a better purchase than Destiny 2.

Really hoping TD2 is as good as I see it at the moment. That said I'm still debating if it's worth getting anything else than the standard edition. The price difference is so massive, yet the benefits feel negligible.
    GdemamiSolancer
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I'll put down a monetary gamble that this game will be repetitive and overtly similar to the first game.
    marcjt20[Deleted User]
  • marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    More of the Same.
    1. AI IS dumb as bricks
    2. Harder mobs are nothing special, just bullet sponges
    3. PvP will be a horrible imbalance joke like Div1
    4. The story will be the only redeeming quality but it wont hold people to the game long.
    [Deleted User]SBFordMrMelGibsonSolancer
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Is too much to ask for a shooter game where enemies respond realistically to being shot instead of taking 500 rounds to the head and then charging players like some kind of gat-dang Super Saiyan
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Getting more excited for this game. Will be purchasing on my PS4. If anything ill get atleast 60-80 hours of gameplay out of it, which is well worth the price tag. For me that will easily be 3-4 weeks of entertainment after work in the evenings. I had a good time doing the gear grind and bosses in TD1.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Is too much to ask for a shooter game where enemies respond realistically to being shot instead of taking 500 rounds to the head and then charging players like some kind of gat-dang Super Saiyan

I am not a fan of the bullet sponge approach either but what balance would be acceptable.

If all you had to do is headshot all then it would be boring as well.  I am honestly not sure of the answer because in turn if they shoot you in the right place then you would spend a ton of time dead.  

There have been a good many games using that exact system to great success
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i like how the division games look and the story might be fun but i just can't stand that duck and cover type of gameplay.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    i like how the division games look and the story might be fun but i just can't stand that duck and cover type of gameplay.
    oddly id take this type game play any day over crap like CoD or Battlefield where you run and spray. I enjoy some tactical depth to my shooters. 
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    boris20 said:
    oddly id take this type game play any day over crap like CoD or Battlefield where you run and spray. I enjoy some tactical depth to my shooters. 
    it's probably because i've mostly played mmo's and usually gravitated towards agile melee classes. not a fan of being stationary in combat(especially not in mmo's when mobs usually run up to you and punch you in the face while you're standing there shooting a bow or spells).

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Torval said:

This game is a third person shooter. Anthem is an Action RPG with ranged combat that got marketed as a looter shooter. The experience didn't jive.

Division 1 was good with a couple bad flaws in UI and cover management. Both could feel clunky and awkward and it was easy, in a heated firefight, to get stuck in menu/cover immobility hell. That was frustrating. The rest was pretty good. I don't like the Darkzone PvP loot trope but that's just me.

Also, this is how you promo a game, with actual footage.

What are you talking about? Anthem has plenty of "actual footage" of the game. Plus they let anyone in to try the game out before purchase so you can make your own mind up from getting a feel for the game that you don't get from watching "footage".

I liked Anthem enough ill give it a go further down the track when they have sorted out the rough edges and whatnot. This just looks like D1 which never really grabbed me when i played it so it'll be a pass.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    It maybe due to the fact that I only played the free demo of part 1 for about 10 hours. Didn't like the bullet sponge concept. But if someone would have labeled this video with "The Division 1" I would have believed it. Are the differences between 1 and 2 really that small ?
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    My take, Division 2 is more of an upgraded/updated TD1, indeed new story and map made it shiner in that sense, but ultimately plays the same, if you group up it might be fun. However, at the same time ppl tend to charge fast and doing whats looks like a speed run than tactical fun, oh the joy and the pain for grouping in games.

The best improvement I seen in the video is changing guns seemingly a lot faster in this newer UI and more useful drone, I find TD1 skills didn't do much where everyone just ended up an all around general purpose roll guy. No specialize roll to play as, so all come down to run hide and shoot game. Is your mate a sniper? NOPE, is he a heavy gunner? NOPE err what is he? He your run and gun guy! What!! Wait we all do that the same roll??? Probably The Division' major problem imo. Everyone feels and look the same might as well call it the Clone Division instead.

Again not that TD1 or TD2 aren't fun just not really special nor specialize roll like we think in an RPG. While the so called bullet sponge is lame excuse to use against a game, this not a sim lmao. I classify it as a lite rpg tactical duck loot shooter, the best any game come close to semi realistic, or else well not much fun to be had playing it.

So want to go real go join the Army/or such and come back to me after you got resurrected from the battle field and then we can talk about how real those bullets are. Chance are that is not happening in any sense. We can only have fun in a semi realistic gaming virtual world, games are design to break down some if not all of all things real real while enabling fun, I can't find any fun while being one shot nor one shot the mobs either.

Common ppl The Division is not a sniper sim but call itself an lite RPG so there you go, work within the gaming rules or not play lol. I seriously don't think ppl play any game and not bound by the rules set for said game? The game function by definition got to have rules or else we got phone games and that is hardcore real, lol so go play that?
    Scot said:

LOL It BURNS!!!!!!!!!!

You are comparing a game that has had loads of updates to one yet to launch.
    Division 2 has not launched yet so not overly sure if you thought I was talking about the first one or not.

And the guy screaming it burns was funny!
    My bad I was thinking you were talking about D1.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I don't even understand anymore what these games stand for, what are they. MMO? RPG? Both? First person shooter? PVP? Coop? Instanced? Open world?
    jazz.be said:
    I don't even understand anymore what these games stand for, what are they. MMO? RPG? Both? First person shooter? PVP? Coop? Instanced? Open world?
    If you want to be all things to all gamers you end up being a mish-mash of gameplay, that's where many of our games now are. Never giving us enough of the gameplay we like, because if they did those that like something else would not play.