Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How sad that more people don't play this gem

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
The game was released in September of 2009. It is a PvP game although you don't lose gear but you do lose durability on your gear when you get killed in PvP.

Every damn thing I mean literally everything can be crafted. The crafting is so incredible because when you want to make a gun for instance, I just made my scoped TempestTech SG-42 and I had to make stock, barrel, automatic action, the scope and each item will require wood, metals different types and glass or plastic and gears and it is no mean feat to make any weapon especially in the higher levels.  You also learn how to refine metals and other resources. Nothing is simple except in the lower levels. It is indeed a crafter's dream. After you make one of these multi craft items and the final product is in your hands you feel such a great feeling of accomplishment.

Image result for Scoped TempestTech SG-42

Image result for Scoped TempestTech SG-42
 The top is the  gun before I added the scope.

The game does not allow you to magically travel out of a dungeon or area and you have to drive an ATV,car or ride a horse or bike to get to a place. You can because you're a clone use the cloning facility to travel to another town that has a cloning facility but otherwise there is no fast travel from any point like you do in other games. This makes the game feel big and the world has space. Of course there is a skill called mutations that allow for healing and also casting but every skill has to be aimed. There is also first aid which I use generously to save my hide.

I am a poor player as far as aiming goes so I opted for a rifle and I am slowly moving from town to town and doing the quests. The quests are well written and some are quite funny and has made me smile and I am truly enjoying this game. It is sad though that the game is not very busy and although it has picked up lately it is not as populated as it once was. The community as with any old game is excellent, they are very helpful and thoughtful and I belong to  a great clan. 

There is going to be a graphic overhaul and perhaps new servers where everyone can restart the game  in the future. If you have never played this game before give it a try I urge you.

Chamber of Chains
ScorchienAsheramkitaradUngood

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    It is worth pointing out that the game is clunky even with -09 standards and have over the years suffered from rather nasty instability. 

But it might scratch that SWG itch if you are a crafter as the crafting is a deep as said above. 

Just set your expectations accordingly. 

This have been a good conversation

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    FE is one of my alltime favourite MMO's, if the planned overhaul goes well, I'll definitely have to pay it another visit ! :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I played this in 2011, is indeed a crafters paradise, but I loath crafting so not a plus for me.

I enjoyed other aspects of the game but once I got up past level 35 it became a ghost town.  Very few upper level players and no guilds recruiting so I left never to return.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2019
    It is a very good MMORPG , with great atmosphere, i met the Devs here in Philly just before the launch ..

they  were a very nice bunch .. they were at a Game-Con at the The Oaks facilty ..

Im currently casually playing waiting on the update to come .. it look promising ..
    MrMelGibson
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    As an avid crafter its a gem for me. have not played in a while but will def try it again when the update hits. 
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Yesterday while doing a quest I had an option to tell the NPC to 'get bent'. I didn't dare use the option as he was surrounded by his men, 5 of them, so including him there were 6 mobs. The problem with playing a sniper rifle wielding toon is the requirement that you don't stand next to your potential targets. Needless to say I quailed and picked the safer option of telling him I'd think about it.  

He went on to talk about indoctrination like it was an invitation to tea and crumpets. That it would take me 8 days to see the 'light' and how he would view it very dimly if I did not return soon with an agreement to allow myself to be left to the tender mercies of some fanatic that would doubtless treat me with kid gloves. I got out of there real quick.

The fact is that if you actually read every quest you can see that this was not a game where they just threw some dialogue together for the quests. There were people who definitely enjoyed their work to make these quests entertaining enough if you bothered to actually read the quests and not just click on them like bot trying to cast votes on the "game of the year" awards. 

The conversations you can see between NPCs are also a source of amusement and I am constantly just scrolling through text to catch them. See I always feel that many people play games and mind you I am not being facetious without actually trying to immerse themselves in the world. They race through the game and have no thought to the hours spent by the creators of the dialogue and view quests as tedious and how much they are just the means to level and nothing is enjoyable about them. Well I guess it is their loss but unfortunately for an MMORPG to succeed you need other people to populate this world you want to adventure in. Therein lies the catch 22 and how games like this just manage to slip through the cracks and get neglected and unappreciated.

It does not help that so many things are confusing and I noticed while trying to help people on the Help channel how hard it is for some people to just read something and understand it and I am not talking about language problems. They just don't want to read up or try to check on the game systems . They just expect everything to be easy and without any effort on their part and this is the disease that is currently infecting the games where everything has indeed had to be dumbed down to cater to these imbeciles.

Sorry perhaps that is not called for but I just feel so frustrated when after spending an hour with someone they decide to quit the game because it was too hard for them. How can you expect any satisfaction in anything you do without effort huh ?

All in all I am still enjoying my time and hoping against all odds this game picks up a few more clones.
    AsheramPhaserlight
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    I played FE for many years since the Friends & Family Alpha where I managed to get invited into.
    So I have been with the game on and off since the beginning.

The game was never around the PVP at the start. PVP came much later in the game's life and so did the Factions system.
    I never did engage much in PVP, hardly ever toggled the PVP flag but loved everything else about the game, due to it's SWG roots nature with open attributes, abilities, combat and crafting skills system.

Like you said, my main enjoyment was just how you could craft everything in this game and do whatever you want!
    It truly felt like an apocalyptic wasteland and absolutely loved it, even though it ran like crap, was buggy and instable at times lol.

I hope they managed to reboot the game, as long as they keep the core game systems alive, since this is what made Fallen Earth such a great and unique game.

I actually stumbled on this game again after a 4 year hiatus, downloaded and logged in today, but it doesn't look like anyone is playing anymore?  Global Chat is totally dead. :-/
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Played this thing for years. One of my favorite all time MMORPGs. 
    Kyleran

Joined - July 2004

About Global Chat I think if you're F2P you don't get access to it.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    About Global Chat I think if you're F2P you don't get access to it.
    Ok. Weird, I thought my transfered oldtime account was in some Premium mode or something.
    They changed that, so now even old accounts don't get access to global chat anymore?
    On the top left and also if you press "G" you can check your status. Does it say you're F2P?

If you aren't you may have not ticked the Global Chat in your chat options. Try making another chat bar and see if it shows up . I see people on Global chatting away so odd that you cannot see it.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    On the top left and also if you press "G" you can check your status. Does it say you're F2P?

If you aren't you may have not ticked the Global Chat in your chat options. Try making another chat bar and see if it shows up . I see people on Global chatting away so odd that you cannot see it.
    Yes I can check both Global1 and Global2 chats. Maybe it was too early in the day, so will check again at a later time which is more in peak time. I did log in a bit to check out my two old characters and if I could transfer some stuff to a new character and then saw some activity in the Help chat channel. So there is some life afterall :)
    There is a yellow named game master that comes on daily to help with issues and stay on for a bit chatting on the help channel. The help channel has traffic . Global 1 and 2 comes alive later in the day and at night when most of the older accounts come on.
    Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I played it and tried hard to get into it.In the end it wasn't very good for many reasons.it looked exactly like it was,a small team,a small budget.it had some nice ideas but it just looked so cheap,low end that it was hard to ENJOY my character and enjoy the game.
    The game is so far removed from my mind i can't possibly remember all the off areas of the game.There was something about physics and going uphill,aiming was so wonky you would miss your target 1 foot in front of you.
    the target of the game seemed to be gasoline and looking for a couple blueprints to build a car or chopper or something like that.I remember having a horse that if you left  it someone could steal it,not sure what i had after that mi think it was a motorcycle or chopper or something like that.
    I'll tell you one of my biggest peeves with rpg's,i do NOT like going into boring rock texture caves/dungeons.it turns me right off.I could handle it IF it was done well but it never is.
    It was released in 2009 but felt like 1998/99.

One thing for certain,this site had a vested interest in the game seemed very obvious,similar to crowfall right now.funny how all the cheap looking games make it through the turn styles but a remake of a legendary game RE2 seemed to be missed entirely,go figure.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited February 2019
    This is what happens when a game is old and gets discovered years later by someone new. That new person only sees what the game is now and does not know about its past , the old owners of the game and how much it deviated from the original plan that got people excited in the first place.

Originally :
    - It was never going to be a PVP centric MMO. PVP was supposed to be an alternative progression. But PVE would be just as rewarding in terms of resources etc.
    - PVE was going to be a lot more expanded.
    - It was never going to be a cash shop heavy F2P MMO.
    - There were plans for a lot more sandbox features then there are currently in the game.

So what you will get is reactions from people who know about the original idea and sell out and tell you basically to get stuffed if it comes to this (current state of the) game. Also, it is really old now.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Liked the game but the f2p restrictions on coin were ridiculous...The crafting was a bit much and at 15 or so PVP became an issue.
    This is what happens when a game is old and gets discovered years later by someone new. That new person only sees what the game is now and does not know about its past , the old owners of the game and how much it deviated from the original plan that got people excited in the first place.

Originally :
    - It was never going to be a PVP centric MMO. PVP was supposed to be an alternative progression. But PVE would be just as rewarding in terms of resources etc.
    - There were plans for a lot more sandbox features then there are currently in the game.

So what you will get is reactions from people who know about the original idea and sell out and tell you basically to get stuffed if it comes to this (current state of the) game. Also, it is really old now.
    The issue was that Lee Hammock left in early 2010 and then the new Director desperately wanted to put his own stamp on the game and changed the direction and add more PVP features like Faction PVP and Blood Sports.
    They really dug their own grave with that move, hence they got into financial trouble and had to sell out to Gamersfirst shortly after. Who turned it into a F2P Pay2Win cash shop with loot boxes.

Hopefully Little Orbit has the means to lift the game to a new engine and breath new life into the game.

If you like the open skill system, heavy crafting focus and Post Apocalyptic setting. It still is a true gem like no other. There is just no other MMO like it today.

You can still completely ignore the PVP of the game, since it's downright garbage anyway and only a very small hardcore group does it.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Wizardry said:
    i do NOT like going into boring rock texture caves/dungeons.it turns me right off.I could handle it IF it was done well but it never is.
    Wow, I think you just did a complete summary of TES:Oblivion in one line.  Well done.  I swear I explored the same cave in that game 100 times.

"Boring rock texture caves" just gave me a flashback of how every dungeon in that game was pretty much exactly the same.
    Kyleran
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It's literally one of the worst games I've ever played.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited February 2019
    JeroKane said:

Originally :

The issue was that Lee Hammock left in early 2010 and then the new Director desperately wanted to put his own stamp on the game and changed the direction and add more PVP features like Faction PVP and Blood Sports.
    They really dug their own grave with that move, hence they got into financial trouble and had to sell out to Gamersfirst shortly after. Who turned it into a F2P Pay2Win cash shop with loot boxes.

Hopefully Little Orbit has the means to lift the game to a new engine and breath new life into the game.

If you like the open skill system, heavy crafting focus and Post Apocalyptic setting. It still is a true gem like no other. There is just no other MMO like it today.

You can still completely ignore the PVP of the game, since it's downright garbage anyway and only a very small hardcore group does it.
    We played it back for a while during launch. I remember being so proud after finishing my first ATV. I loved the concept of the game, but it was a time of horribly executed MMORPG launches. Fallen Earth was no exception. MMORPG's basically invented Early Access way before Steam came up with the idea.

When we came back years later, it was already taken over by Gamersfirst and the f2p restrictions were ridiculous. Left and did not look back.

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I used to play this game. Made my first guild emblem in it as well.

Last thing I remember is being gunned down because I moved too close to some guys... mining machine that was mining... bottle caps or something? It was something they could dig up with a machine and sell off to make a pretty penny.
    Wanted to link these images I posted on another thread because I couldn't find them when I tried to track them down again. Faction gear .

Image result for fallen earth faction chota armor

AsheramUngood
    Chamber of Chains
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Looks like we will see it back up and running at some future point.
    https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/13934-dev-update-may-2020/
    Fantastic news
    Asheram
    Chamber of Chains
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Wizardry said:
    I played it and tried hard to get into it.In the end it wasn't very good for many reasons.it looked exactly like it was,a small team,a small budget.it had some nice ideas but it just looked so cheap,low end that it was hard to ENJOY my character and enjoy the game.
    The game is so far removed from my mind i can't possibly remember all the off areas of the game.There was something about physics and going uphill,aiming was so wonky you would miss your target 1 foot in front of you.
    the target of the game seemed to be gasoline and looking for a couple blueprints to build a car or chopper or something like that.I remember having a horse that if you left  it someone could steal it,not sure what i had after that mi think it was a motorcycle or chopper or something like that.
    I'll tell you one of my biggest peeves with rpg's,i do NOT like going into boring rock texture caves/dungeons.it turns me right off.I could handle it IF it was done well but it never is.
    It was released in 2009 but felt like 1998/99.

One thing for certain,this site had a vested interest in the game seemed very obvious,similar to crowfall right now.funny how all the cheap looking games make it through the turn styles but a remake of a legendary game RE2 seemed to be missed entirely,go figure.

Nothing wrong with getting your horse stolen.  So long as the game has an option of hiring NPC retainers to guard your horse at some point.
    Gdemami
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)