Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone can ban anyone now

meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
All you have to do is report someone in the chat and you get logged out.
If enough report you it bans you.
So much for BFA being the best seller, so many people have logged off the main servers it's ridiculous and now they have a great reason never  to do pvp ever again!
Klikae

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think Blizzard is changing in a big way.They are on a tirade to go all out positive marketing and cash shop,everything is go go for cash grabs but nothing spells quality gaming.
    They don't want ANYONE in their games who might give any negative mention of their products,i mean gees they tried to censor the boos when they announced Diablo mobile,this is a VERY manipulative and scummy developer.

Gaming right now is at an all time low from the business end of things.Everything is about marketing and deception and outright lies and business deals,partnerships,paying for positive reviews etc etc.Blizzard is at the very top of this scummy heap,big business is always about investors and money/profits/bonuses.

I still remember when Cataclysym released and there were a ton of map glitches and broken quest lines.There was sooo much negativity in the forums Blizzard shut the entire forums down and later claimed it was because of over crowded servers from so many playing the new release.

That is the thing with these gaming businesses now,they seem to have an answer or EXCUSE for every negative situation that arises,you know stuff like "oh our servers were bad because we were under a DDOS attack" or this is ALPHA or Beta or Early access,there is suppose to be problems.

I am down to ONE game "hearthstone" with Blizzard and that game is on the way out,i only played 3 games of it in the last month,i have completely lost interest with Blizzard.
    ScotKlikae

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I don’t recall WoW forums going nuts over cata bugs. I do recall any game breaking ones either. That said, cata was the last time I stepped foot in Azeroth. The seems began to show.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    If this is true it is a recipe for trollers to ban people.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited February 2019
    This reporting / silencing system has been in place since 2016 and appears not to have been egregiously abused so not sure what the issue is suddenly.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=254115.12/new-silence-penalty-coming-to-world-of-warcraft
    Scot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I wish every game had that system.

Whenever I log into Guild Wars 1 the chat get's flooded with RMT spam.
    My blocking list has long reached its limit and I would welcome it if the players could just get those spam bots permanently banned.
    Harbinger of Fools