Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is it going F2P with cash shop?

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
Since many players interested in this genre are going for Legends of Aria, this game will be even more deserted. I checked player numbers and its hitting rock bottom, only few guilds left with die hard fans left in them. The mobile release was also a failure since the app did not get approval from the app store. Only thing left to do is either go F2P or make the game P2W with B2P option. I know I will get flames from many Albion fanboys but facts are facts...

Comments

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    they need make a pve server

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2019
    Well currently I am waiting to try "Legends of Aria".

The game likely won't go Free 2 Play, because it can't given they are trying to keep RMT out of the game.

The game also isn't listed on Google Play, and Apple store because of Chargebacks / SBI can't follow the Google Play / Apple Store TOS, thus they should have just made a PC game instead and had better graphics and everything like "Legends OF Aria" or "Fractured MMO".

Both Fractured, and Legends OF Aria, have a totally free economy, no trade restrictions, thus users won't have problems giving items away to people.

Heck I was just reading the "Albion Online" forum, and a user just had their account suspended just because they broke a rule in the "Albion Online" referal program and offered 100k for free to help a new player out, which this explains exactly why the playerbase is dropping hard.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/101342-Use-This-Trial-Key-and-You-ll-get-100k/?postID=848471#post848471

https://albiononline.com/en/profile/referral/terms_and_conditions

edit: Also good to show that apparently "Moderators" have the rights to suspend players accounts too.

Also it's great to have new games with less strict trading rules like Legends OF Aria, and Fractured to take it's place, because before the developers of AO started getting so strict it was a great game.

In EVE Online having a free economy means that a player can buy $100, even $500 in APEX, sell it on the in-game market, and then freely donate that to any Corp, or person / player / friend for free in the game, even do their own referal to EVE campaign for new players, and no one will get suspended, or banned, unless the person charges - back.

This is why Albion likely won't go F2P in the future, and even if it does it will be too late for the game to draw in more people given by that time other games will have been released which are better.

KyleranGdemami
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    itsover said:
    they need make a pve server
    So end game would be world bosses and maybe leaderboards? Could be interesting.

They definitely need to do something though that's for sure.

I still enjoy the crafting in this game. If this game ever goes it'll be one of those I'll always think about so I throw $9.99 at it every month to do my part.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    So this is a full loot PvP game . Usually those games have a smaller population than normal PvP games that don't offer full loot. I am playing Fallen Earth now and I am going into it with the mentality that I lose nothing if someone kills me and as a PvE player who does not PvP this is acceptable to me but if someone keeps stalking me and killing me then I might quit. I read from the comments on a video many of the players in this game stalk and kill a player repeatedly. This is the way they play and they say that the game allows for this. However do they stop to consider how it might drive players away.

If there are like minded players of sufficient population to maintain the PvP then you have a game that can succeed. However if the player base goes out of their way to harass the players they may lose them. In the end it is players themselves that drive a game to the ground.
    d_20
    Chamber of Chains
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Renoaku said:

The game likely won't go Free 2 Play, because it can't given they are trying to keep RMT out of the game.

The game also isn't listed on Google Play, and Apple store because of Chargebacks / SBI can't follow the Google Play / Apple Store TOS, thus they should have just made a PC game instead and had better graphics and everything like "Legends OF Aria" or "Fractured MMO".

Both Fractured, and Legends OF Aria, have a totally free economy, no trade restrictions, thus users won't have problems giving items away to people.

Heck I was just reading the "Albion Online" forum, and a user just had their account suspended just because they broke a rule in the "Albion Online" referal program and offered 100k for free to help a new player out, which this explains exactly why the playerbase is dropping hard.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/101342-Use-This-Trial-Key-and-You-ll-get-100k/?postID=848471#post848471

edit: Also good to show that apparently "Moderators" have the rights to suspend players accounts too.

Also it's great to have new games with less strict trading rules like Legends OF Aria, and Fractured to take it's place, because before the developers of AO started getting so strict it was a great game.

In EVE Online having a free economy means that a player can buy $100, even $500 in APEX, sell it on the in-game market, and then freely donate that to any Corp, or person / player / friend for free in the game, even do their own referal to EVE campaign for new players, and no one will get suspended, or banned, unless the person charges - back.

This is why Albion likely won't go F2P in the future, and even if it does it will be too late for the game to draw in more people given by that time other games will have been released which are better.

I was banned after fighting with a mod in general chat. Regardless of what I said, a moderator should never belittle a player in general chat. Their moderator's are completely un-professional.
    Kyleran

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    From what I've seen of this game, it will live or die by it's clans. I don't think it's the kind of game that can survive with individual f2p customers coming in to play. For that kind of game (f2p) it should be solo friendly, have good enough graphics to support cosmetic items, pets, and all that stuff (I really wanted to say b.s.).  It's not going to happen with Albion.

It's a game where already established clans -- that had been playing for years in the super-long beta -- intentionally moved to the game. If these guys are leaving, then I don't think there's much that can save the game. They went all in on full loot ffa clan-based pvp.

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    My wife and I enjoyed the game enough that we would go back and pay a monthly subscription IF they made a PvE server. Otherwise, no thanks.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    This game was built-from the ground up as a clan-based pvp game. I can't imagine what you would do on a pve-only server for more than a month after you leveled up.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well I still think Albion is going to have to go free 2 play, from what I have read about the game they have pretty much killed SOLO PVP, making the entire game a Guild vs Guild, which is fun as well, but some players also like solo combat, and ganking which the game really doesn't have anymore compared to Alpha / Beta.

And the other reason I feel it is going to have to go F2P still is because of  Legends OF Aira, & Fractured, plus the company keeps breaking their own rules / policy?

What I found on visiting their forum / Reddit within 120 seconds today.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/102348-300-accounts-suspended-due-to-third-party-currency-purchases/?pageNo=1

^ 300 players "Suspended for RMT" however I thought the rules of the game was if you RMT you get a life-time ban on any first offense at least this happened to me, and two other people from what I read on the forums, and likely others too, but now they are only suspending players?

Could this be because the game has lost so many players, and all they have left is clan vs clan combat, and they need all the players they can get at this point?

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/amhono/to_all_players_banned_within_the_eu/

^ New GPDR rules in EU, may make it impossible for any company to enforce bans on customers due to not being able to retain information on a consumer including banking information, Name, Address, Phone Number etc.?

Thus only thing they can keep is maybe IP address, and Hardware Info, but these can easily be changed.
    GdemamiKyleran
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Armchair google university lawyers...never gets old...
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    fanglo said:
    Renoaku said:

I was banned after fighting with a mod in general chat. Regardless of what I said, a moderator should never belittle a player in general chat. Their moderator's are completely un-professional.
    You get what you give, common courtesy is a two way street. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Renoaku said:
    Well I still think Albion is going to have to go free 2 play, from what I have read about the game they have pretty much killed SOLO PVP, making the entire game a Guild vs Guild, which is fun as well, but some players also like solo combat, and ganking which the game really doesn't have anymore compared to Alpha / Beta.

And the other reason I feel it is going to have to go F2P still is because of  Legends OF Aira, & Fractured, plus the company keeps breaking their own rules / policy?

What I found on visiting their forum / Reddit within 120 seconds today.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/102348-300-accounts-suspended-due-to-third-party-currency-purchases/?pageNo=1

^ 300 players "Suspended for RMT" however I thought the rules of the game was if you RMT you get a life-time ban on any first offense at least this happened to me, and two other people from what I read on the forums, and likely others too, but now they are only suspending players?

Could this be because the game has lost so many players, and all they have left is clan vs clan combat, and they need all the players they can get at this point?

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/amhono/to_all_players_banned_within_the_eu/

^ New GPDR rules in EU, may make it impossible for any company to enforce bans on customers due to not being able to retain information on a consumer including banking information, Name, Address, Phone Number etc.?

Thus only thing they can keep is maybe IP address, and Hardware Info, but these can easily be changed.
    You build up an account and got all this awesome shit on it playing it for months and months. You do something that gets you permabanned. Yea, you can change your ip address and make a new account to play....but you lost all your progress and literally have to start anew. A permaban at the account level in an mmorpg is enough to make most people quit playing that game.

As far as the suspension instead of lifetime ban, every game has a line somewhere about their rules are subject to change at their discretion. Also almost every single mmo that i've played where people abuse a bug. If you abused it only once and likely by accident, you don't get banned, it's the ones who abused it heavily (tens/hundreds of times) that will get the more severe punishments. So, likewise with your RMT example, it probably depends how much people were buying with the level of their punishment.

Cue in you only bought 3 dollars worth one time. :|

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!