Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadow of the Colossus-Inspired Praey for the Gods to Launch Early Access Today

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,076
    edited February 3

Tokken said:

steam? has the bad reviews started yet? (sigh)*

I have to say, I've been playing this for a few hours and I love this game.

The environment is amazing (great job on the feeling/graphics for deep snow) and even though I find myself at low health, desperately looking for some animals to hunt, and have been on the precipice of death before, it's very fun.

It does have that "Breath of the Wild - your weapon can break very soon" mechanic and that is a hit/miss for me.

I have no problems with weapons/items breaking but the items don't last as long as I think they should.

On one hand that can be fun when some draugr (that's what they remind me of) jump out of the snow and start attacking you but that can also be annoying knowing that you need to have several weapons on you "just in case."

This is a definite play for me but it's not going to be for everyone because of the survival mechanic. It isn't brutal but though I think it's fun to try to find some shelter or wood or else I'll die, not everyone will like this. It really does feel like breath of the wild had a baby with Shadow of the colossus but with a greater emphasis on staying alive.
    Lokero

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,452
    Sovrath said:

Tokken said:

The environment is amazing (great job on the feeling/graphics for deep snow) and even though I find myself at low health, desperately looking for some animals to hunt, and have been on the precipice of death before, it's very fun.

It does have that "Breath of the Wild - your weapon can break very soon" mechanic and that is a hit/miss for me.

I have no problems with weapons/items breaking but the items don't last as long as I think they should.

On one hand that can be fun when some draugr (that's what they remind me of) jump out of the snow and start attacking you but that can also be annoying knowing that you need to have several weapons on you "just in case."

This is a definite play for me but it's not going to be for everyone because of the survival mechanic. It isn't brutal but though I think it's fun to try to find some shelter or wood or else I'll die, not everyone will like this. It really does feel like breath of the wild had a baby with Shadow of the colossus but with a greater emphasis on staying alive.
    How is the world?

If the world is interesting then might look at getting into it.

The 5-6 hours that was in SotC was somewhat disappointing as I was wanting it to last longer but great game all the same.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,076
    edited February 4

Sovrath said:

Tokken said:

This is a definite play for me but it's not going to be for everyone because of the survival mechanic. It isn't brutal but though I think it's fun to try to find some shelter or wood or else I'll die, not everyone will like this.

It really does feel like breath of the wild had a baby with Shadow of the colossus but with a greater emphasis on staying alive.

How is the world?

If the world is interesting then might look at getting into it.

The 5-6 hours that was in SotC was somewhat disappointing as I was wanting it to last longer but great game all the same.

um, yes?

As far as really bleak, snow filled landscapes go, "sure!"

But that's subjective. Depends on what you are looking for. This certainly doesn't seem like skyrim with a necessarily massive world you will spend 50+ hours in. I don't think that's the point.

ok tried to edit some pics in but "stupid editor" Look at this link and maybe it will help ...

I should add that the immersion factor, the wind, the snow, the feeling of "cold" is amazing.
    Post edited by Sovrath on