Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Racials will be Retooled for Update 21 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Torval said:
    They should just offer open race change for 2 weeks and be done with it. If you really give a damn you'll log in just like you will to save a name.

That sort of thing divides the people who care and the people who like to talk like they care. The first group will do it right away. The second group will be bitching about how the window should have been longer after it's all over. :lol:
    Nah, that's not a solution. There's lots of people that might have stopped playing for a while, won't even know this is happening and will log in a year later to find their characters have been butchered.

Every character should get a free race change sent in the mail the first time they log in after the update, permanently. Other games do it with massive changes like this, ESO is no exception. It's the only fair solution and it's in the best interest of Zenimax to do it for current, and future, player retention.
    Octagon7711
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I like both.  Two free weeks to try out different race builds and get a token for every character you have in case you missed the two weeks. 

It's a slippery slope to plan core changes to a game and only give a free change on one character.  If this happens it opens the door to only create changes to increase cashshop sales. 

So they change something and if you don't like it, just buy a potion to let you change it.  Eventually no free respecs for anything, just buy a potion in the cash shop. 

Eliminate the vamp and WW quests altogether, just buy the potions and you can start off as a supernatural with your level one character if you have the cash.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Torval said:
    They should just offer open race change for 2 weeks and be done with it. If you really give a damn you'll log in just like you will to save a name.

That sort of thing divides the people who care and the people who like to talk like they care. The first group will do it right away. The second group will be bitching about how the window should have been longer after it's all over. :lol:
    Nah, that's not a solution. There's lots of people that might have stopped playing for a while, won't even know this is happening and will log in a year later to find their characters have been butchered.

Every character should get a free race change sent in the mail the first time they log in after the update, permanently. Other games do it with massive changes like this, ESO is no exception. It's the only fair solution and it's in the best interest of Zenimax to do it for current, and future, player retention.
    If you don't play a live game for a year that's already a gamble you're going to take in regards to class meta, skills, and possibly gear.
    [Deleted User]mmolou
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Limnic said:
    Torval said:

If you don't play a live game for a year that's already a gamble you're going to take in regards to class meta, skills, and possibly gear.
    Yep. I usually play a month or so every year. Have to spend most my time getting the "correct" gear. Then when I get it, I'm burnt out and leave again. lol
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Limnic said:

Torval said:

This isn't the same. You can change your skill builds and your gear. You can't change your race in ESO without paying. Any game that needs a cash shop item to retrain almost always provides a permanent free respec to everyone when major changes are made. Hell, most give a free respec if you only need in game currency to respec.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Sadly this is a move to generate more funds. Being involved in many meetings where the board demands we get creative in bringing in more revenue without adding to the costs results in these "creative" ideas. The sad thing is it will work because many people who have alts do not want to have to grind skill lines again.

It'll be interested to see what happens. I know my Dark Elf night blade is about to switch.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116

Limnic said:

Torval said:

This isn't the same. You can change your skill builds and your gear. You can't change your race in ESO without paying. Any game that needs a cash shop item to retrain almost always provides a permanent free respec to everyone when major changes are made. Hell, most give a free respec if you only need in game currency to respec.
    Cannot I can say I find the experience that "most" do such. Can already think of a few offhand I personally played that only gave discrete respec options that were either timed, or only applied to the first character you played/used it with.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Been wanting to do a Khajiit magblade. Nord can be a pretty good DK now, maybe run it with Werewolf Hide and keep that ulti up all the time. 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    kryntok said:

Palebane said:

kryntok said:

Im finally realizing reading these comments on this website is so pointless. Bunch of crybabies you all are. My 2 credits

Right? We should all just bend over for whatever shit they shovel. You a CEO?

No you shouldn't, but have you realized how many games are on the market?? Complaining about percentage nerfs and stat tweaks is so lame, just so lame
    I agree. I’ll play a Dark Elf regardless of their racial bonuses. I’d play them even if they were the only race that gave racial deficiencies. I simply do not care abou min/max or endgame. But I am a crybaby about things I dont like developers doing to a game I enjoy. You should too.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited February 2019
    Looking through the changes; they are good. Absolute values are much better than the percentages before. It's a move towards more balance, but nowhere does it seem ruin a class/race combination. Simply because there was no bad class/race combination to begin with (speaking as a redguard/magicka templar since launch)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    kryntok said:
    Im finally realizing reading these comments on this website is so pointless. Bunch of crybabies you all are. My 2 credits
    K Bye
    Tiller