Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy a game controller get Fallout 76 free.

k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
You know a game isn't doing good when it hasn't been out but for 10 weeks an is now a give away game.  I truly feel sorry for the people that actually enjoy this game as I got the bad feeling it isn't going to last much longer at this rate.  Tag this with them banning non duping crafters because they reintroduce a dupe exploit the other day, just a sad state for the game.

They have said they will not go F2P but that might be the only way this game keeps players over time.

Comments

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Fallout 76 started as a dumpster fire.  It's now apparently being fueled by an underground coal seam that can burn for years, and they're dumping the burned trash back in the bin...
    Kyleran
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you forgot to mention, its a used controller lol, so pretty much that store is telling here guys take teh game from our hands, it will be cheaper then toss then in the garbage
    [Deleted User]k61977PhryKyleran
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    ohioastro said:
    Fallout 76 started as a dumpster fire.  It's now apparently being fueled by an underground coal seam that can burn for years, and they're dumping the burned trash back in the bin...
    Yeah I was all ready to jump back in but the patching fiasco this past Tuesday is inexcusable for any large firm to make.

I was willing to play on assuming it would improve over time but I see little evidence they are capable of doing so, even if they want to.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DMKano said:
    This is what happens when they way overestimated the sales figures and have a huge stock of physical copies just sitting on the shelves. 

The sales have been abysmal and now they are just trying to minimize the losses.  

Falloutb76 is a 100% financial dud 
    You mean physical copies like I got for the PC, the one with a cardboard disk with an access code on it?

Came in a day after launch too, what a great value.

;)
    [Deleted User]k61977

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    This is what happens when they way overestimated the sales figures and have a huge stock of physical copies just sitting on the shelves. 

The sales have been abysmal and now they are just trying to minimize the losses.  

You mean physical copies like I got for the PC, the one with a cardboard disk with an access code on it?

;)
    Right, but is it 100% recycled cardboard?  If not: fuck Bethesda, amirite?
    [Deleted User]

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

;)
    Only a day late? Mine was over a week late, i think i only played it 2 or 3 times after that before uninstalling. 

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    It's a scam.

They only give you the game for free so that you smash your controller in frustration and buy a new one.
    k61977
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    ohioastro said:
    Yeah I was all ready to jump back in but the patching fiasco this past Tuesday is inexcusable for any large firm to make.

I was willing to play on assuming it would improve over time but I see little evidence they are capable of doing so, even if they want to.

Feel sorry for you people that wasted their time on this game.

All these years modders have been saving their buns but not any more.
    MadFrenchiealkarionlogk61977
    Chamber of Chains
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Fallout truly is Fallout. Pun intended.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    I'm actually stunned that they apparently forgot to maintain version control on their software.  Building a new patch on an old build, thus reintroducing old bugs...I can't remember ever seeing that before.  Or, in fairness, an installer that deleted the game instead of updating it.  What on Earth is going on there?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    ohioastro said:
    I'm actually stunned that they apparently forgot to maintain version control on their software.  Building a new patch on an old build, thus reintroducing old bugs...I can't remember ever seeing that before.  Or, in fairness, an installer that deleted the game instead of updating it.  What on Earth is going on there?
    high quality drugs?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They don't care,i could EASILY see this was NOT a very expensive effort.So they already made a killing off this game,put little in but got a lot out of it.
    Like i am always looking for good games to play but often some games do not interest me even 1% and that is because they look that void of content or just THAT BAD.

To me FO76 was like when you start sifting through the used music CD's,you look through maybe a few  hundred but only a few are worth buying,well FO76 was not one of those few not even if handed to me as a free game,it is just THAT BAD.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.