Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sci-Fi Action MMO 'Pantropy' Has Landed on Steam Early Access - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSci-Fi Action MMO 'Pantropy' Has Landed on Steam Early Access - MMORPG.com News

Steam Early Access gained yet another entry today with the arrival of sci-fi action MMO 'Pantropy'. During the game, players work to gather materials to construct fortresses and to craft items including mechs for tooling about the world. Players can even construct a large crew mech called the ZEUS. To celebrate today's big day, the Pantropy team has released a brand new Early Access launch trailer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Another entry in the "most likely to fail before leaving EA award". Cool.
    KooturJeroKane
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2019
    I was just thinking the other day that we don't have enough survival games to play. :/
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on
    QuicksandKootur[Deleted User]EponyxDamorSabracAeliousinfomatzJeroKanegastovski1Arskaaaand 1 other.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I as just thinking the other day that we don't have enough survival games to play. :/
    Early access survival games, no less.
    OzmodanOctagon7711KooturEponyxDamor

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The problem with all these survival games, most of them have no way or any intention of controlling the cheating.   

KooturMorgenes83JeroKanegastovski1
  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Jeesh, why the hate? Ok, it's a survival, not your cup o tea? I'm sure it's someones. Let it stand or fail on it's own merits. Its just a GAME, enjoy it or don't. But I just see no point in the "on look it's another X type game" hate train. Which could be said for ANY genre.
    OzmodanHatefullSpectremuseTnTizzgastovski1jimmywolfMaurgrimBlueThunderBearxxBoneZxx
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

virgommo said:

Jeesh, why the hate? Ok, it's a survival, not your cup o tea? I'm sure it's someones. Let it stand or fail on it's own merits. Its just a GAME, enjoy it or don't. But I just see no point in the "on look it's another X type game" hate train. Which could be said for ANY genre.

Yeah, that's the internet for you.
    SpectremusexxBoneZxx

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    So it's not an MMO, it's just another multiplayer survival. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Much as I have reservations about survival games, I like the idea of having to band together, something that long ago went out of fashion in MMORPG's.
    LackingMMOPalebane
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    virgommo said:
    No hate directed at the game.  The forums are for people to critique games, you will have good and bad points in all these threads.  You have to take the bad with the good.  
    jimmywolf
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited February 2019
    The 6-11 reviews on steam seem promising but as usual, I'll let everyone else be the cannon fodder before I decide to jump in on it.
    Post edited by Cryomatrix on
    Octagon7711SabracPalebaneNorseGodJeroKane
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    yawn
    SpectremusexxBoneZxx

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Was looking forward to this but now there is more information out about it it seems to be alot like a game called perpetuum which failed. ill still give it a go for 20 bucks cant be as bad as atlas was which cost alot more. i mean its got robots lol. wish game company's would figure out open world pvp survival is a dead they nearly all ways fail and even the hard core pvpers will only play it for a limited time if at all.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Man it would have been awesome if this is what The Repopulation became.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    krgwynne said:
    Was looking forward to this but now there is more information out about it it seems to be alot like a game called perpetuum which failed. ill still give it a go for 20 bucks cant be as bad as atlas was which cost alot more. i mean its got robots lol. wish game company's would figure out open world pvp survival is a dead they nearly all ways fail and even the hard core pvpers will only play it for a limited time if at all.
    This one is going to be hosted on smaller 64-120 player servers, so sort of large-scale persistent lobby, and you can host the lobbies yourself too. It's really not an MMO like Perpetuum, might actually help it stick about a bit longer given players don't have to rely on the company hosting the game.
    mklinic
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    perfect, after ashes of creation apo... another cup of EA survival...
    no thanks
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Currently only available on Steam? There must be so many people NOT going to play it then!
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    MMO?
    Yeah right, It's called multiplay.
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited February 2019

Maurgrim said:

MMO?

Yeah right, It's called multiplay.

Exactly. The term MMO used to mean something now it's like every game that comes out that has multiplayer is an MMO.. If there is not at least 1000+ people on 1 single server, it isn't even close to being an MMO
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    7 days to die is great game but dev dont update game offen :/
    BlueThunderBear
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    remember fragmented, btw its a MO not MMO
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    More survival More early access!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    can you stop calling every survival multiplayer game MMO? all these "whatever survival whatever" calling themselves"MMO" is disgusting...
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    The redarkfallpulation?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    The headbobbing is already making me nauseous.

• PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    No thanks. I am tired of these survival games only supporting up to 120 players. It's plane lazy development. There is software and hardware these days that can support many more players then this in today's age . It seems these game devolupers don't even want to put any effort into the net code and just settle on the deafult the game engine is capable of .
    Mendel