Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you typically have a queue of games that you'd like to play but haven't had time to try yet?

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited January 2019
    For me, some games require a lot of time.

For example, I purchased Kenshi and I just don't have the time right now for it. I liked what I played.

Kingdom come deliverance is another one. It feels like I need to follow the story as well as dive deeply into it's systems and combat (I'm not really a fan of the combat, though I appreciate what they are trying to do) and it feels in order to really enjoy it I need several hours at once.

AlBQuirkybartoni33
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    I do, but I've pretty much given up on playing them.

What's more, I'm playing video games less and less here recently, and I've not felt a large longing to correct that.  I'm wondering if the hobby may have truly run its course for me, or if it's the industry climate that has me disinterested.  Either way: I'm not planning on buying any new games anytime soon, and part of me wants to find another hobby with which to replace video games, so I doubt I work through my current backlog.  Heresy, I know!
    [Deleted User]KyleranAlBQuirky

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I buy nearly everything and never will finish them all. Some I never even start. 
    I have a problem. :/ 
    How many games in your library? I bet you cant even hold hashbrick's jock strap when it comes to games in your library.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    I buy nearly everything and never will finish them all. Some I never even start. 
    I have a problem. :/ 
    We must be related

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

What's more, I'm playing video games less and less here recently, and I've not felt a large longing to correct that.  I'm wondering if the hobby may have truly run its course for me, or if it's the industry climate that has me disinterested.  Either way: I'm not planning on buying any new games anytime soon, and part of me wants to find another hobby with which to replace video games, so I doubt I work through my current backlog.  Heresy, I know!
    Never too late for a new hobby, how about base jumping? 

;)
    MadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I find myself playing video games when I have some time,  usually while multi tasking while watching Netflix.

What I  haven't done in quite a while (years even) is "make time" to play games.

That make any sense?
    MadFrenchieAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    What I think is interesting is that the results are basically bimodal between "there's tons of games that I want to play and no time to play them all" and "there's basically nothing out there that I want to play".
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    Quizzical said:
    What I think is interesting is that the results are basically bimodal between "there's tons of games that I want to play and no time to play them all" and "there's basically nothing out there that I want to play".
    Well in my case while there are plenty of single player titles on my backlog, in the case of MMORPGs the list is, and has been for several years zero. 

AlBQuirky

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:

I find myself playing video games when I have some time,  usually while multi tasking while watching Netflix.

What I  haven't done in quite a while (years even) is "make time" to play games.

That make any sense?
    It does, and may more accurately describe where I'm at than I was able to.

I still login to games here and there, but it's usually when I don't have anything else to do, as opposed to planning other things around maintaining time to play games.

Maybe I'm just burnt out?  Maybe one of these crowdfunded MMORPGs will eventually pull through and revive my desire to make time to game.  Now wouldn't THAT be something? ;)
    Kyleran

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Kyleran said:
    Quizzical said:
    Well in my case while there are plenty of single player titles on my backlog, in the case of MMORPGs the list is, and has been for several years zero. 

I haven't found a first-person shooter that I wanted to play in decades, but that might have something to do with my not liking first-person shooters.
    AlBQuirkyKyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I flirt with playing a ton of games. But it seems I just tease myself.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Quizzical said:
    Kyleran said:
    Quizzical said:

I haven't found a first-person shooter that I wanted to play in decades, but that might have something to do with my not liking first-person shooters.
    Sounds  like me with sports games, over 25 yrs since I've played one. 

But MMORPGs in the old school vein I still enjoy, hit level 45 last night on my Skald which I've been working on since mid January. 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I ahve several games I wnat to play, but I never play tehn at launch I wait around a year at leat before I even care to try, its cheaper and I don't have to wait for the dlc to fix the game
    MadFrenchie
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I have a HUGE queue of games I really want to play. I bought Stallaris a couple weeks ago, Nioh, bought more time on ESO to get further into it, Smash Bros, still trying to get through Octopath, I've also really been meaning to play more of Obduction, I tried it once on launch but haven't played it since and I love Cyan games. 

I actually managed to start The Silver Case yesterday and I'm loving it.

My main issue is that I'll go to play one, decide I would rather play a game of Counter Strike: GO, and end up playing 6 games, and have to go to bed for work the next day. 
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    I am moving away from fantasy type online games to more hobby-sim online games. Sim racing being the new thing for me. Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rFactor2, etc. 
    KyleranMadFrenchie
  • ayumarcanayumarcan Member CommonPosts: 10
    I have a small list of "gotta try these if I get bored with RFO" games. And also wanna try some games on Switch.