Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Team Previews the Depths of Malatar Dungeon That Hearkens Back to Oblivion - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online Team Previews the Depths of Malatar Dungeon That Hearkens Back to Oblivion - MMORPG.com

One of the components of the Season of the Dragon in Elder Scrolls Online is a 4-player dungeon called the Depths of Malatar. In a new article on the ESO site, the team provides a preview that "brings unique rewards to Tamriel's undaunted adventurers".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    The art is a lie! You can't just use a 1h weapon... at least not that I know of. >.>
    OzmodanTruvidien88
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    foxgirl said:
    The art is a lie! You can't just use a 1h weapon... at least not that I know of. >.>
    Sure you can, in order to dual wield you would need to equip 2 swords/daggers etc..

You would be gimping yourself but you can absolutely run around with just one 1-handed weapon.
    IselinOctagon7711OzmodanNyghthowler

• ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    just remove this whole fuking ANIMATION CANCELING BULLSHITE and you will see more peoples playing it :P
    MikeBBlueThunderBearReverielleOzmodan
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    edited January 2019

foxgirl said:

Sure you can, in order to dual wield you would need to equip 2 swords/daggers etc..

You would be gimping yourself but you can absolutely run around with just one 1-handed weapon.

I meant you can't not be seriously gimped and just use one 1h weapon, dual wield is a whole 'nother kettle of jellyfish. (not sure I worded that right...)
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

foxgirl said:

LOL.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Just give us spears already... I finally got Necromancer (which ive been waiting for since freakin Alpha) and now all I need ia for my Necromancer to wield a mighty spear in combat with the living.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711Truvidien88
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Just give us spears already... I finally got Necromancer (which ive been waiting for since freakin Alpha) and now all I need ia for my Necromancer to wield a mighty spear in combat with the living.
    Don't you mean scythe? :)
    BlueThunderBear[Deleted User]Octagon7711Rain_Deathraven
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

I mean a spear. Its literally the most basic and commonly used infantry weapons throughout history. Gimme spear
    Cryomatrix
    Torval said:

Iselin said:

I mean a spear. Its literally the most basic and commonly used infantry weapons throughout history. Gimme spear
    dream bigger you two

I always imagine the guy using the pike as a very large guy with "tiny" as his nickname. I mean... pretty obvious overcompensation issue there :)
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2019

Iselin said:

A scythe would be awesome but when was the last time they added a new weapon?
    PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Will Let You Wield a Mighty

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Cool. But I'm sure with all dungeons after the base game only a few will actually complete it or not dread it when it pops with the group finder.
    Reverielle
    SlyLoK said:
    Cool. But I'm sure with all dungeons after the base game only a few will actually complete it or not dread it when it pops with the group finder.
    First couple of weeks after new DLC dungeons come out is your best bet to enjoy them. After that you'll get a mix of those who know all the tricks and want to speed run it and the regular folk.
    Aelious

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

SlyLoK said:

First couple of weeks after new DLC dungeons come out is your best bet to enjoy them. After that you'll get a mix of those who know all the tricks and want to speed run it and the regular folk.

Or get you a guild
    RexKushman
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I'm not sure adding yet another four player dungeon to the game is the right way to go. It's certainly nice to have more content. But ever since launch (after the adventure zone experiment) it feels like every addition has largely just been more of the same.

ESO Questing is great, and their dungeons are great. But you're bombarded with so much of both of those activities in the game it perhaps becomes stale. I say this cautiously - as I love group PvE content, and the MMO genre as a whole is starved of it these days - but I feel the game is proving you really can have too much of a good thing.

If variety is the spice of life, ESO is becoming a little bland.
    [Deleted User]
    I'm not sure adding yet another four player dungeon to the game is the right way to go. It's certainly nice to have more content. But ever since launch (after the adventure zone experiment) it feels like every addition has largely just been more of the same.

ESO Questing is great, and their dungeons are great. But you're bombarded with so much of both of those activities in the game it perhaps becomes stale. I say this cautiously - as I love group PvE content, and the MMO genre as a whole is starved of it these days - but I feel the game is proving you really can have too much of a good thing.

If variety is the spice of life, ESO is becoming a little bland.
    Their team seems to be quite adept at cranking out new dungeons with raid-like mechanics and positioning tricks. It's why they do it once or twice a year.

I generally agree with your take though in that the new zones added, even the chapter ones, are more of the same.

What ESO PvE has always lacked IMO, is more unpredictable (as far as location and timing goes) dynamic events. IDK much about their plans for this coming chapter but I hope the dynamic events in the new zone will be more like those in Rift or even GW2 than the static and predictable dark anchors... the game definitely needs some new ways to PvE.
    [Deleted User]Reverielle

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Torval said:

Iselin said:

dream bigger you two

Bardiche, bec de corbin, pike, lance, spear, scythe, voulge, glaive, halberd, poleaxe, spetum

All remind me of diablo 2 . . .wish path of exile had more base weapons with nostalgic d2 names.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Torval said:

Iselin said:

dream bigger you two

Kid's crying now after seeing that scythe. Cheers.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    A real auction house would be nice.
    Truvidien88
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    One more thing.. I want a solo story option for all the dungeons that can be completed just once.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Iselin said:

SlyLoK said:

Or be the healer and hear them complain when they run ahead and die.

Natural consequences ;)