Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone having their support tickets answered?

GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
I saw on their reddit that Intrepid is saying things are a bit delayed, but the average time is 3 days? I'm over two months in on mine, and I've even updated it and tried contacting their support twitter even to no response.

It seems to have simply fallen down a black hole or something. And apparently I'm not alone in that, because plenty of people are complaining about absurd response times of over a month. 

They say they added new support staff to help? Maybe they did, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Lots of people can't even log in to the new site because of account migration problems, and simply can't get them resolved. Others are missing their previously purchased items from the old website.

Truly something seems VERY amiss here. 

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Gigabear said:
    I saw on their reddit that Intrepid is saying things are a bit delayed, but the average time is 3 days? I'm over two months in on mine, and I've even updated it and tried contacting their support twitter even to no response.

It seems to have simply fallen down a black hole or something. And apparently I'm not alone in that, because plenty of people are complaining about absurd response times of over a month. 

They say they added new support staff to help? Maybe they did, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Lots of people can't even log in to the new site because of account migration problems, and simply can't get them resolved. Others are missing their previously purchased items from the old website.

Truly something seems VERY amiss here. 
    Can you even log in and play other than the betas they run once in a way for a couple of days?  I though most of the time the servers were not available.
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited January 2019
    goboygo said:
    Can you even log in and play other than the betas they run once in a way for a couple of days?  I though most of the time the servers were not available.
    I cannot. Nobody can. I think we are getting tests every other week at the moment. None are scheduled right now.

Update: my tickets were just merged together, and I guess a response may be forthcoming. Seems somebody is indeed paying attention.

Second update: the response I got was nonsensical and totally unhelpful. I'm about to write the game off honestly. This is some next level incompetence.
    Post edited by Gigabear on
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    During the merger of the old database to the new database there was some corruption found in the new database.  They have terminated the old web developer and brought in a new web development team, however, due to some poor choices with the project management on this particular aspect, they have created quite a debacle. 

They really have no choice now but to go down 40 miles of bad road to get to the destination

On the way they are handling the support tickets:  

As much as I hate copy/pasta responses to support tickets, in this situation I think typing up a pre-canned set of instructions to everyone with a ticket in would save them a ton of grief in the long run.

They are getting tickets for

Missing referrals (because they asked for them)
    Inability to log in
    Missing Previous Purchases
    Inability to make purchases of individual cosmetics
    Inability to make purchases of the Legendary Path

A lot of these things are just stuck, because the web design team has to make progress before these things get unfucked. 

Now they are also getting tickets for people appealing bans, and as the OP has clearly posted and pointed out those are being answered.   
    GigabearKyleran
    Yeah, I've clearly been scammed out of a thousand bucks by these people. I'm not able to refund, and it's too late to charge back any of it.

Do not give them a dime people. The CEO is running the game like his own personal clubhouse, and just removing people from it on a whim with no legitimate basis for doing so.

Worse, they have missed virtually every deadline given to us by a mile, even on things such as the website migration, forums and such. BASIC stuff. There is no excuse for any of it.

I have no doubt this pattern will continue, and possibly get worse. Further, because Intrepid was clearly using these estimates which have been blown by to judge their financial ability to complete the game, and the BR has flopped horribly, they are very likely to run out of money before development has finished.

We will be treated to unfinished garbage, and/or an even worse cash grab than the battle royale Fortnite ripoff. They simply can't deliver.

And what of delays. Are they just unforseen issues? No. Up until the very end of December Steven(Intrepid CEO) had been telling us castle sieges would come in that month. At the very end of the month, with players expecting they may be testing THAT DAY based on his prior statements, he then tells us he's delaying for over a month.

Ok, so did he know it wasn't ready before telling us? YES. Long before no doubt. How do I know this? Because even in January for the stream they couldn't show gameplay because it was too unfinished. So they set up some siege equipment to just fire at the castles. I don't believe for a second given that fact, he didn't know the delay was needed weeks before he announced it. But he only told US, his most supportive backers, when forced to do so by circumstance.

He didn't tell us he was making a monetized BR at all. This isn't the act of a transparency. It's just more of the same. Don't make the mistake I did by backing this thing. You will come to regret it.

If it survives by some miracle, play it then. You have nothing to lose by waiting but a few overpriced cosmetic items.
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    I sent in a ticket mid-december, still haven't gotten a reply.

On the other hand, let's be honest. I don't know if any kickstarter MMO has hit most of their milestones. Slipped dates are just part of the experience.

On the other hand you do have full right to be angry about the BR aspect. Although you will get the automatic answer that it's to help balance the game. 

They showed footage of siege mode so we will see that 'soon'.
    Gigabear
    Interitus said:

On the other hand, let's be honest. I don't know if any kickstarter MMO has hit most of their milestones. Slipped dates are just part of the experience.

On the other hand you do have full right to be angry about the BR aspect. Although you will get the automatic answer that it's to help balance the game. 

The problem is, this isn't supposed to be a kickstarter MMO. It's billed as an MMO that just had a kickstarter so they could add extra stuff on top of the already funded game. None of that kickstarter stuff has remotely been shown except the underealm, and only a small section of it. 

Now, of course I should have known better. Nobody has a kickstarter "just because" and then charges $500 for alpha access if they really do have the game already paid for. 

Intrepid has probably made north of $10,000,000 in crowdfunding by now between kickstarter and their cash shop, on top of already having the thing supposedly paid for, but they can't hire enough support staff? This isn't tracking at all.

As you say, sieges are coming. I'm along for the ride now, and I don't want this thing to blow up. But I'm half convinced it's already dead and it's Weekend at Bernie's, only a lot less funny.
    Slapshot1188
    Interitus said:

If you sent in a ticket and it hasn't been answered and you can jump on discord during PST business hours do an @Lieutenant Toast and post your issue.  She is really good about looking into them.  
    Interitus
    edited January 2019
    Gigabear said:
    Yeah, I've clearly been scammed out of a thousand bucks by these people. I'm not able to refund, and it's too late to charge back any of it.

I was not aware you had been banned from game.  In fact your Twitter from last week clearly shows you not only testing the game, but also reporting bugs through the Bug Reporter which you are not banned from utilizing. 

Gigabear said:
    Do not give them a dime people. The CEO is running the game like his own personal clubhouse, and just removing people from it on a whim with no legitimate basis for doing so.

Worse, they have missed virtually every deadline given to us by a mile, even on things such as the website migration, forums and such. BASIC stuff. There is no excuse for any of it.

He is not running it like his own personal clubhouse.  You were banned.  Unbanned and then rebanned for violations of the rules.  You have admitted to at least one warning on your own Twitter.  It is your opinion that progressive discipline requires multiple steps.  You had this.  Warnings and then a Ban.  Then a ban overturned, a warning, and a ban.  

As far as missing virutally every deadline.  Yes, they had issues.  Yes the person responsible for the fuck up was terminated.   A new Web Design Team was brought on in Early January.  They are now working on fixing a major database issue.  That is not basic stuff.  

So exactly what money are they paying the support staff with?

Is it the developer team answering the tickets or did they hire CSR staff?  If they hired staff then what money was used?

Thats right I forgot they crowdfunded a MMO.  My bad!
    The OP forgets to mention that the owner of the company has put in at least $2,000,000 of his own money into the project.    
    kikoodutroa8
    Jahlon, you are preemptively blocked on this platform(and all others on which you have a presence I am aware of) and have been made ABUNDANTLY aware I do not wish you to contact me again. 

That is the definition of harassment. Repeated and unwanted communications, including electronic.

Whatever your obsession with me is, you need to let it go. I do not feel safe at this point. 
    Kylerantweedledumb99[Deleted User]Beezerbeez
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I found it interesting during the ks that they were so ambitious while having no decent network guy on board.
    edited January 2019
    Gigabear said:
    Jahlon, you are preemptively blocked on this platform(and all others on which you have a presence I am aware of) and have been made ABUNDANTLY aware I do not wish you to contact me again. 

That is the definition of harassment. Repeated and unwanted communications, including electronic.

Whatever your obsession with me is, you need to let it go. I do not feel safe at this point. 
    Show us on the bear where the bad Jahlon touched you
    Parrot,

I do not go out of my way to find him, you will notice that he has 10 posts on MMORPG.  He came here because he is banned on pretty much every other platform or has been caught doing what he does on every social platform:  playing the victim card and telling half the story. 

If he wants to block me, he can block me.  That is his right.  If he tries to demonize me for putting up a counter argument to his opinions on a public forum, well then he has the right to report my post to the site owners and if the site owners feel I have harassed him they will take the appropriate actions. 

The truth remains this:  He has not be scammed out of a thousand bucks.  He does in fact have access to the game.  He was testing and tweeting about it.  

His "I do not feel safe at this point" is also ironically amusing since he is the guy that paid have a full online background check done on the CEO of Intrepid, including home address, phone number, family members, etc.  Again though, the internet is dark and full of terrors.  This particular individual should probably learn to tell the truth, at least on platforms people familiar with the situation.  Ironically, what he won't tell you is that he has constantly ban evaded on the Official Intrepid Discord (admitting to as much on his own Twitter).  On a number of occasions he has cited the Discord TOS as prove he is being harassed, all while glazing over the truth of his pulling over 20 of my posts off that same discord and cross posting them to his Twitter.  

With that said.  Am I defending Intrepid?   Fuck no.  Funny enough Steven Sharif, the CEO of Intrepid, knows I'm not defending them, he continues to talk to me even though I do videos bashing Intrepid because he knows that I'm doing it factually and with citations.

Right here on MMORPG I have posted videos calling out Intrepid when they need to be called out, and giving them kudos when they need kudos.

Intrepid had a major fuck up.  Guess what?  They happen. 

They had a web designer who thought he was Picasso and it turns out he was a Kindergarten art teacher.  Their entire database is fucked.  

Does Steven have a magic wand he can pull out to fix it?  No.  What does he have?  A checkbook.

He has hired a new web design team to come in and clean up the fuck-up.  He also booted the fuck up.

Is there anything more we can realistically ask for?  When something happens all we can hope is that it doesn't happen again and that we move on.

The fuck up was terminated!  - Well that can happen again
    New team was brought in - Well that will fix in... in time.

I did a video about the database issues from a Project Manager's perspective.  Yes, on the Discord I was a right asshole about it.  Not because I wanted to be, but because someone (me) was calling them out for this shifty-slide creep deadline date.  Guess what?  They stopped doing it.

They have finally said:

"We'll have an estimate once that is all completed. Websites are not as easy to create when you are dealing with platform account data and transactions."

https://imgur.com/a/UR2vNoX

What they need is time.  The new team needs time to assess.  What more do people want?  You think a 3rd party vendor is going to get a deadline on the dumpster fire of a mess Intrepid has now?  Fuck no they won't.  They will peel it all back, look at it and then figure it out. 

In this, yes Intrepid Fucked up in their Project Management, but not in their Crisis Response.  Give it to professionals and let them fix it.   
    Kyleran
    I have no doubt.  Was a joke basically making fun of him playing some victim but isnt everyone in the metoo age. 

I am so glad I'm not a teacher anymore.  I don't understand kids these days.  
  • AngreeegamerAngreeegamer Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Every ticket I submitted got resolved correctly in like 20 minutes to 3 days at most. Most likely the tickets that are taking forever to get a response are tickets that need to be solved by the derpy web guys, or in the case of OP are already resolved issues.

Gigabear was banned for being absolutely insane/toxic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/aavjlc/gamer_spends_500_backing_a_mmo_gets_banned/

...and judging from his twitter rants, he keeps trying to appeal it to no avail. I guess now he's trying to shit on the support people for telling him no over and over again before just flat out ignoring his spam lol.
    Kylerantweedledumb99[Deleted User]
    edited February 2019
    Davlos said:

This is nothing short of a personal attack which is absolutely IRRELEVANT to the topic. Targeted harassment from you and Jahlon. I'm forwarding this behavior to IS, and if they do not act, I'll consider further options as needed.

You are on notice I do NOT want you contacting me further. You have stalked me on the discord. In private messages. On the reddit. On twitter and now here.

I will not bother refuting your lies and distortions here. But if you continue damaging my reputation by spreading them, I have ample recourse. This is the last communication either of you will receive. Do not libel me further.
    Kylerantweedledumb99
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Thank you all for making me laugh after a long day. I wish someone would tell me this whole thread is a joke but I realize it probably isn't. Which is SO DAMN FUNNY!
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    So you got banned for breaking the rules. You beg to get unbanned and get unbanned. Then you get banned again for being..I'm gonna say rude. Now you're demanding a refund? That's not how it works. Spending money on something doesn't make you entitled. There are terms of use you agree to when you make a financial transaction and it seems..to me anyway..that you broke those terms several times. Next time invest your money wisely and don't expect the company and community to conform to your toxicity and your demands.
    tweedledumb99
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Obviously it varies from developer to developer but my take over many years has seen a very shotty support system across the board.

So my top of the food chain sees Blizzard and the former SOE "the best" were the fastest/best.My fave dev at one time Square Enix was atrocious and became clear to me uses a once over 30 days policy,meaning they only do support for 1-3 days during each month,if you miss by one day you will be waiting a full 30 days until their next wave.

Some developers and there are many of them are 99% useless using outside agencies because they are all around cheaper,no benefits or employees taxes to be paid however those agencies usually know nothing of the game and therefor useless.
    The the the third is the most common,only 1-3 people working on the support,no way is that enough for a large game and especial ya new release where there will be tons of problems.So what happens is they prioritize,those that can't pay them are of course first,those that can't login likely second and why they ask you some of those dumb questions.

Ever fill out a large question sheet only there to deter you from asking for help?Well then after you finally get help the person acts like they never read a single line in that sheet you spent time to fill out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Well there are several issues going on here.it is NOT as simple as saying "breaking our rules"because what i have seen is quite often rules are worded in a way to have NO real definition but left to be so vague they are baseless and allow a dev to just point at those baseless VAGUE rules to ban anyone for ANY reason.
    Now before someone tells me "it is their house,so their rules"don't bother,there is nothing i am not aware of ,i don't live under a rock.

We are talking about the moral issues going on here.

So from what i can tell not knowing of any other threads or what happened in the past is praise your developer and they listen,disagree and they can't stand you because all they want is a pat on the back and told their game is the best on the planet.So they want their cake "your money" and they want to eat it too.The point here is that the rules might as well just say praise us or get lost,there is no middle ground.

That means screw your opinions,we don't care about opinions unless they prove positive to our business.So 100% bias and manipulated rule sets.This kind of mindset is NEVER good for the gaming industry or consumers who want games to be the best they can be.If every developer censors ANY and all negativity,then there is NO fair market at all,something the law actually tries to enforce and keep in tact.

Then my last comment on the NDA.When you take money from a person to play your game,they have become a CUSTOMER,a consumer,they have every right to talk about THEIR purchase.Said developer can word it ANY way they like,anything other than a for sale of said product is misleading and undermining the law.That product becomes HIS or hers,no longer YOURS ,so then becomes THEIR property and THEIR right to say as they please within the law of course.

NDA's are trying to take over the industry and as i said UNDERMINE consumer laws by doing so.We need NDA laws changed and promptly because they are NOT being used for the purpose they were designed,which is to keep TRADE secrets in tact.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited February 2019
    What NDA's are being used for are GAG orders ,to keep any negativity coming out about a game before it goes on sale.So developers are using NDA's to mislead consumers which by purposely trying to do so is against the law.

I look at the two parties.
    1 says something perhaps bad versus a developer,is that really something to cry about?
    2 the second party "developer" is trying to censor and use legal means to do it by but in reality,undermining the law and purpose of said tool,which is a far greater crime and purpose to screw over consumers.

With everything i have seen over the last 5 years,crowd funding "stealing money from naive people" to loot boxes,cash shops,Early access,trying to manipulate the market with You Tuber's,streamers,partnering with websites,i have ZERO sympathy for developers,like NONE.

edited February 2019
    To other reading the above, there is a lot of history here. Know that NONE OF THOSE words from me can be sourced. The comments do not exist. as far as I can tell, the screen captures are forged entirely. Which is very easy to do in a web browser.

Now, back the the topic at hand. 

My ticket was answered because a discord mod forwarded it. The response made it clear it was not considered for longer than a moment and rubber stamped. They absolutely did not resolve my issue at all even after waiting for months. I still need assistance.

Wizardry said:
    What NDA's are being used for are GAG orders ,to keep any negativity coming out about a game before it goes on sale.So developers are using NDA's to mislead consumers which by purposely trying to do so is against the law.

I look at the two parties.
    1 says something perhaps bad versus a developer,is that really something to cry about?
    2 the second party "developer" is trying to censor and use legal means to do it by but in reality,undermining the law and purpose of said tool,which is a far greater crime and purpose to screw over consumers.

With everything i have seen over the last 5 years,crowd funding "stealing money from naive people" to loot boxes,cash shops,Early access,i have ZERO sympathy for developers,like NONE.

I will not say Intrepid used NDAs to mislead us. I can't PROVE such a thing. What I will say is Phoenix Initiative members, who have a channel on the discord under NDA, might have been told Intrepid was actually making a battle royale and could not disclose this due to that NDA. They receive monthly Q+A sessions and more privileged info on the development which we do not as lower tier backers.

What I can say is the term "battle royale" was kept out of all communications until after the mode was dropped for testers. The storm, gryphon, and chests were also kept out of the alpha 1 video showcasing the mode. Even the UI ELEMENT for the storm was hidden. All of this is doesn't happen by chance in a BR game mode. Those mechanics are simply too prevalent to have coincidentally not show up. They were intentionally left out so nobody knew what it really was.

At no time did Intrepid provide us any reasonable awareness they were copying Fortnite, or monetizing the testing mode further than they already had.
    tweedledumb99Angreeegamer
    Arterius said:
    I asked for a refund. Didn't reply in a month so I challenged it on Paypal. They pushed back and opened a dialogue. I wrote them multiple times and they never responded. My guess is they just didn't want me to get my money back. With two days to go and a dozen messages sent I escalated the case. That just happend yesterday so don't know if Paypal will give me my money back for sure but I have a good case considering they ignored me for two weeks or so. If you have a pay pal you can always open up a case against them. The further back it is the harder it is to get a refund but they do have protection if you don't feel like your getting what is promisied and I fell under that camp. If that helps at all @Gigabear
    I disputed the cases last night, and paypal closed them instantly when Intrepid's bot said "Hi" and my given name. I presume it has been too long. But I only became aware of them making a BR and probably not an MMORPG recently.

Intrepid also does not give refunds beyond 30 days, even though the nature of the product I backed has now fundamentally changed and they can provide no evidence a VIABLE MMORPG is now under development. 

What we get is stuff easily staged in Unreal 4. No, literally. I have the editor on my PC. nothing they did showed any progress on the MMO. All that was shown during the "MMO" stream is the BR map with some NPCs dropped in, and some mobs from alpha 0 they've had for a year.
    edited February 2019
    Arterius said:
    I am sorry I didn't read this whole thread. I wanted a refund because I felt like I was lied to by the creation of a BR mode with a cash shop. You just want a refund because you were banned for being a ass. You shouldn't get a refund for that I am sorry. You made your bed and have to lie in it. No matter how much money you spend that doesn't give you permission to be a asshole online mate.
    Please don't believe everything you read on the internet. Have I given you any reason to think this of me in our brief discussion here?

I only ask that you give me a fair chance and not let others with an agenda decide your opinion for you.

I am going to have to change the name of my online presence at this point regardless to cut the legs out from under those individuals. My arguments will have to be challenged on the merits.

And I note, I am not banned from the game.

edited February 2019
    Arterius said:
    ns off the collective. I come to my own on everyone. Which I have down with you as well. I have clicked on links and have read things yourself have posted on the discord, I am in the process of reading a whole powerpoint presentation someone made to you when you wanted the discord to show you why you are the worst, and I have read various Reddit threads. I have to come own conclusion not listening to anything else but your words. 
    What they won't tell you is they baited and trolled me mercilessly for weeks on end to drive me into such a state I'd say those things. They did this with intent, and said as much. I was called everything from a pedophile to an animal rapist. 

The person who compiled that power point? Their entire reason for doing so was to get me banned by ensuring it was linked every time I spoke so I could never have a discussion again.

They continue that strategy here. But, I am resisting it. I have at least learned something from all of this. Don't feed the trolls.

I probably can't change your mind on me at this point, but it is what it is. I'm not going to hold it against you. It's easy to understand how bad I look here.

The error was mine by giving them the ammunition in the first place. Well, what parts of it aren't fabricated at any rate.
    [Deleted User]tweedledumb99

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR, the above is fake. Please stop believing what he is telling you based on so called EVIDENCE which a child could fabricate.

Sure, I said things which I ought not to have. But you aren't getting the truth here. Not at all. 
    edited February 2019

Closed within 10 seconds of me filing it with no action on my part.

And why would I possibly lie about this? To what benefit? 

I need to add something. though it says closed, APPARENTLY there is a link you click at the bottom to escalate it to a "dispute."

I freely acknowledge I have never done this before, as I've never had a need. So it is possible I am incorrect here.
This discussion has been closed.