Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breach - Pyromancer Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageBreach - Pyromancer Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

QC Games has sent out the latest class trailer from Breach, its co-op RPG dungeon brawler. This time, attention is focused on the Pyromancer, quite the fiery fellow.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Looks cool. However, Breach needs another dozen dungeons before release or people won't stick around for more than a week.
    EponyxDamorWalper

Joined - July 2004

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    The game has a super fun concept but there is a distinct lack of content and serious balance issues which were present during the alpha as well. I really hope the game picks up, however, QC Games really needs to step-up from just acknowledging the issues in patch notes to actually fixing them.
    Spectremuse
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    this will be b2p upon 'release'? If so, its gonna be DoA

Albatroes said:

Game is pretty much DoA even now (200 players @ peak last 24 hours). They really need to sort out the in-game economy and shift to a F2P model ASAP. Its already taking 10-15 minutes to find games during prime time, and even when you do find a match there isn't a way to queue for either VD or heroes. This leads to a large number of people leaving the match early because they didn't get the role they wanted.

I really, really like the game and it's concept. I purchased the supporter pack because I truly enjoy the concept and want it to succeed. Its a fun game and would 100% recommend it if it were free; however, for even $25 there isn't enough content.
    Spectremuse
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Albatroes said:

Game is pretty much DoA even now (200 players @ peak last 24 hours). They really need to sort out the in-game economy and shift to a F2P model ASAP. Its already taking 10-15 minutes to find games during prime time, and even when you do find a match there isn't a way to queue for either VD or heroes. This leads to a large number of people leaving the match early because they didn't get the role they wanted.

I really, really like the game and it's concept. I purchased the supporter pack because I truly enjoy the concept and want it to succeed. Its a fun game and would 100% recommend it if it were free; however, for even $25 there isn't enough content.

But this is the inevitable problem with early access games. They release the concept so that people can try it out and report bugs and the company gets funds to keep developing, but then people expect tons of content, when the company is still largely working on the game.

It's why beta testing internally and hiring companies to beta test was a much more viable option. It doesn't let the public destroy the reputation of a game prior to launch. I'm not saying they always do this, but I'm saying if a game gets low pop in early access, it is almost a given that steam reviews and discussions turn into people telling potential buyers not to buy into it because it's dead.

Unfortunately companies sometimes need the funding from an early access type of thing to keep it running. It's a weird cycle.

I'm thinking about buying this with a couple friends to play a bit, it looks quite fun.
    [Deleted User]
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    People got tired of the same 3 levels. They also got tired of people picking the same demon and spamming the same annoying walls over and over. The low amount of gold each game means if you want a 10k character you have to play 100 or so games to unlock 1 person which is insane. Cosmetic stuff is also around $15 just for a cool looking outfit.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    What everyone is describing in this thread is the exact danger of early access. Breech was shoe-horned into EA way too soon. People will jump in expecting an almost finished game (and you KNOW most people know this despite what the devs in their EA warning notes), play the living crap out of it, then disappear after exhausting the limited content. Releasing demos during different phases of development is a better system to get feedback, imo, without burning out the potential fans.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

Albatroes said:

But this is the inevitable problem with early access games. They release the concept so that people can try it out and report bugs and the company gets funds to keep developing, but then people expect tons of content, when the company is still largely working on the game.

It's why beta testing internally and hiring companies to beta test was a much more viable option. It doesn't let the public destroy the reputation of a game prior to launch. I'm not saying they always do this, but I'm saying if a game gets low pop in early access, it is almost a given that steam reviews and discussions turn into people telling potential buyers not to buy into it because it's dead.

Unfortunately companies sometimes need the funding from an early access type of thing to keep it running. It's a weird cycle.

I'm thinking about buying this with a couple friends to play a bit, it looks quite fun.

The problem is that many of the problems present in the closed alpha are still present in the early access version -- Except now they are charging a premium for access. Which yes, I understand that they might need cashflow; however, releasing in such a sorry state, charging a premium price for access, and then not fixing the game's largest problems and most-requested basic features is a recipe for utter disaster.

If you have the $25 and don't mind purchasing a game that has only 3 linear MP maps with no matchmaking, role selection, and terrible progression grind/rewards, then go for it. Honestly, its a fun game for about a week of *super* casual play (1-2 hours a day; 6-10 hours).

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Cool game but there's like 2 dungeons in the game.. the game needs a ton more content, even as a "early access" title