Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Unveils Yet Another World of Warcraft Store Mount - Hogrus, Swine of Good Fortune - MMO

13»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Chinese New year this year is the year of the Pig.

chinese-new-year-of-the-pig-ftr

Cryomatrix
    Chamber of Chains
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited January 2019
    This "new blizzard" full of stupid millenials that work/dev at blizzard now always makes jabs at their gamerbase. Every year or so we see a few slight things that are obviously what they think of their gamers. I guess this is this year's slap. :)
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Oh dear, apparently you get this mount free in china if you buy a 6 month sub.
    MadFrenchie
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Scorchien said:
    They will sell 100k of them ....

whos laughing now
    100k? Really?

If they lose another slice - rasher! - of subs due to them being fed a steady diet of mounts though then I doubt it will be Blizzard laughing. 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The only way this makes any real sense is if they have essentially "given up" on "current" WoW and this is part of a final squeeze of the subscribers that are left. And that they are pining their hopes on vanilla going forward.

They can't - surely - be thinking of allowing all these mounts in vanilla ..... then again ..... 
    Galadourn
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,953
    Activision is keeping whoever is left at Blizzard's snout firmly in the trough. 
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]gervaise1
  • ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Good for Blizzard! And next expansion may turn the game Android/Iphone only?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Coolit said:
    Oh dear, apparently you get this mount free in china if you buy a 6 month sub.
    Getting harder and harder to believe Activision isn't taking note of the direction WoW headed reference the release of BfA, and is eagerly trying to staunch the wound.

• ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Trash game,, demolishing everything that was High fantasy Wow- and has now turned into a cultural anthem for various mythologies a cluster fuck at Best
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    With all the fallout from the last mount you would think that they would not offer another cash shop mount.. I guess corporate greed trumps that.
    SBFordCoolit
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The mount and pet is a one time thing for charity so its all fine.....
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Shaigh said:
    But that's not what this is. This is a one-time, single mount for $25.

The charity pet last year was Whomper with all proceeds from its $10 price tag going to charity through December 31st.
    MadFrenchieScot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    SBFord said:
    Shaigh said:

The charity pet last year was Whomper with all proceeds from its $10 price tag going to charity through December 31st.
    Was more a comment on how blizzard introduced their cash shop ages back, its only a one time thing for charity so its all fine.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Shaigh said:
    SBFord said:
    Shaigh said:

Was more a comment on how blizzard introduced their cash shop ages back, its only a one time thing for charity so its all fine.
    They didn't announce it like that though. The cash shop was introduced with the ugly celestial mount back in 2010 from what I remember (and I own one because my friend wanted some gold at one point). That was not a charity mount.
    SBFord
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Didnt read all the comments or newspage. But isnt this pig for the guys in China (year of the pig) and we can do "enjoy" it aswell?

But ofc like all the others stuff in the cash shop its overpriced and it would be better to get it ingame as an event and put it later on when the event is closed for a few euros.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    @Blizzard @World of Warcraft Sadly instead of taking the time to actually FIX the classes so the specs mean something again they decided to waste all our time on creating a mount for their shop. Uhm you should be getting enough from monthly subscriptions to actually fix the classes and if you need help with that hire more people you have the funds.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    SBFord said:

Who the heck dreams of riding a pig in a fantasy game?

Next time, why not have the flying rat, or the flying naked mole rat, or what about the flying centipede. 

Anyway, i haven't played WoW since 2004. 

Cryomatrix

There actually is a rat ground mount in the game....

https://www.wowhead.com/item=138387/ratstallion

ewwwww looks gross, seems like someone is riding a rabid Splinter from TMNT. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Torval said:
    Mutant Master Splinter is what this mount makes me think of too. I always thought someone at Blizz really didn't like TMNT and this was their revenge.
    This is gonna be unpopular, but as a person who currently owns two pet rats and has learned a great deal about the animals..  A rat, if it were large enough to compare, would actually be far superior even to a horse as a war mount 

Leagues smarter than a horse, easily trainable, and can do a surprising amount of damage with their teeth and claws in very short order.  The hardest part would be making them mean enough to actually attack on command to use said natural weaponry.  Their nature contains almost zero aggression unless it's territorial with their own, instead almost fully being made up of timid curiosity about things that don't look like themselves.

But I'm biased, I think. :D 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited February 2019
    I also worked with lab rats, they are pretty damn docile, gentle, and actually cute. 

It's the fucking mice that are "rat bastards" :)
    MadFrenchie
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    It's the new WoWkiller
    edited February 2019
    I also worked with lab rats, they are pretty damn docile, gentle, and actually cute. 

Honestly, the worst part about owning them are, unfortunately, how short-lived they are.

I've been bitten exactly twice in over a year of owning them: Lincoln once got my finger instead of the treat in my hand one time, and Lucky bit my finger in his death throes.  Still not sure if he actually even realized what he was doing.

Yea, I've become a huge fan of these highly misunderstood animals. :)

And you're right: mice (and hamsters) are kinda the assholes of the rodent order.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Shaigh said:
    SBFord said:
    Shaigh said:

They didn't announce it like that though. The cash shop was introduced with the ugly celestial mount back in 2010 from what I remember (and I own one because my friend wanted some gold at one point). That was not a charity mount.
    I think Shaigh was just being sarcastic but it was hard to tell...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Honestly, the worst part about owning them are, unfortunately, how short-lived they are.

I've been bitten exactly twice in over a year of owning them: Lincoln once got my finger instead of the treat in my hand one time, and Lucky bit my finger in his death throes.  Still not sure if he actually even realized what he was doing.

Yea, I've become a huge fan of these highly misunderstood animals. :)

And you're right: mice (and hamsters) are kinda the assholes of the rodent order.
    Found the heretic ...

• ArgostArgost Member UncommonPosts: 30
    When pigs fly... WoW is the WoW killer...