Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is ANTHEM Any Good? - Anthem VIP Demo Impressions - TheHiveLeader - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Xarko said:
    Can you play marbalee focused Colossus or is it a ranged class?
    I didn't get enough time with the Colossus to be able to answer that question accurately. My best guess though... ranged. Unless the class is specifically melee focused (like the Interceptor) you're likely going to have to rely on your guns.
    Same here, but as soon as I got to pick I went with the Storm and enjoyed it a lot when the game let me play.  After awhile I was done with all the repetition in such a small area until someone posted they  had opened all of them.  I jumped on the Colossus then jumped into the Interceptor, my plan was to try them all and spend the rest of the time with the one I enjoyed the most.  I didn't give the Colossus enough time really but really enjoyed the Storm and Interceptor.  Then the game crash right after the final boss fight and I got the message thanks for playing, the demo is over. :neutral:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Xarko said:

Can you play marbalee focused Colossus or is it a ranged class?

I didn't get enough time with the Colossus to be able to answer that question accurately. My best guess though... ranged. Unless the class is specifically melee focused (like the Interceptor) you're likely going to have to rely on your guns.

I spent a lot of time with the Colossus in the demo. They are actually extremely strong in melee range and one of the best builds in the demo was Flamethrower+Lightning Coil, with Flamethrower being short range you definitely want to be in the thick of it. Your melee can trigger combo's as well.

They aren't as full on melee as the Interceptor but if you want to be close range, you certainly can and they are great at it.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    edited January 2019

3dom said:

I'd buy it if it was Ubisoft game. But knowing BioWare/EA I'm sure it's just a prequel to endless blatant attempts to part me with my money. Like, for example, in case of SWTOR where this duo had asked me for $15 to unlock character's bank account during f2p transition - after I've paid ~$100 for the game and subscriptions.

And with $20 armor set price, $12 emotes, $4 decals - f2p transition possibility isn't that far fetched.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-mighty-quest-for-epic-loot Just sayin'.....

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    How can anyone think that microtransaction fest 2019 hasn't been planned for this game since day 1.

They'll do a SWTOR with this one for sure otherwise they wouldn't be putting so much effort into it.

$20 skins would be cheap considering if they go full SWTOR.

After the initial box sales totals come in they'll decide how to fleece players for their dinero.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll just play it when it eventually goes f2p.
    Phry
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited January 2019
    Play Warframe save your money :P
    Oof, I kind of agree but to get enough slots without paying in warframe it takes quite a lot of active effort to trade with other players.

Either that or be prepared to delete the weapons and warframes you've ranked up.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Everything I've seen from multiple streamers and YouTubers has me convinced that me and two friends will have a good time playing this. Technical issues aside, which will be fixed, it's bound to be a good time for a while.
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited January 2019

3dom said:

I'd buy it if it was Ubisoft game. But knowing BioWare/EA I'm sure it's just a prequel to endless blatant attempts to part me with my money. Like, for example, in case of SWTOR where this duo had asked me for $15 to unlock character's bank account during f2p transition - after I've paid ~$100 for the game and subscriptions.

And with $20 armor set price, $12 emotes, $4 decals - f2p transition possibility isn't that far fetched.

What in the world are you talking about!!! Asked you for 15$ to open character's bank? and you were a sub at the time?

Sorry but I have to call BULLSHIT!!

$20 armor sets,,,, last time I checked Bio-ware/EA wasn't holding a gun to your head to BUY THE "F"ing armor, or the emotes or anything for that matter!!

Oh I see where you got this from,,,, Angry Joe!!! Who is a loudmouth that MAKES money off of you watching his click bait rants!! Once again!!! Any COMPANY (Even Angry Joe) has to make money in order to stay in business!!! Sure some of the things EA has done is BS BUT They are not here just to make a product for millions of dollars just to give it to you for free! That is not how life works.

All online games have a overhead to maintain the game and they have REAL people that HAVE to get PAID,,,,, May be you work for free but these people don't so they have to SELL stuff in A CASH SHOP omg OMG there are the bad 4 letter words CASH SHOP!!

Even this website has to put ADD's in your face so they can PAY there WAY!!

So grow up!!

Sorry everyone for getting rude here, but I'm so sick of all these self entitled asses that thing everything should just be given to them.

Yes EA has done some shitty tricks but at least they're not selling ships $100's for a game that's a game yet and if you do spend $20 on the armor you can put it on and just not have a jpg of it! So I guess they're not so bad!!
    Strizzy12NorseGod
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Oof, I kind of agree but to get enough slots without paying in warframe it takes quite a lot of active effort to trade with other players.

Either that or be prepared to delete the weapons and warframes you've ranked up.
    That is still the thing that makes me upset with warframe, well that and the horrible hosting system (you'd think that with how much money this game pulls in for all these years, they'd finally make servers). People in game will just say warframe.market works just fine but 1) its player made and maintained and 2) they could at least have an auction how for lower end stuff like rare modes (not primed/umbral/rivens etc). Instead, if you're not someone who does at least a little research you're going to be massively put off by since that platinum is always the first thing to pop up when buying stuff instead of trying to work around and find credit prices in their convoluted market system. All of this just to realize that after a 100 hours you've just been 'building' power to do the stuff you've been doing since the first planet just tuned up and more efficiently. You're pretty much fighting the same mobs over and over after mercury for the rest of the game, just different colors sometimes.
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 86

Albatroes said:

That is still the thing that makes me upset with warframe, well that and the horrible hosting system (you'd think that with how much money this game pulls in for all these years, they'd finally make servers). People in game will just say warframe.market works just fine but 1) its player made and maintained and 2) they could at least have an auction how for lower end stuff like rare modes (not primed/umbral/rivens etc). Instead, if you're not someone who does at least a little research you're going to be massively put off by since that platinum is always the first thing to pop up when buying stuff instead of trying to work around and find credit prices in their convoluted market system. All of this just to realize that after a 100 hours you've just been 'building' power to do the stuff you've been doing since the first planet just tuned up and more efficiently. You're pretty much fighting the same mobs over and over after mercury for the rest of the game, just different colors sometimes.

So... Warframe sucks...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gorwe said:
    It looks like a good game and it could be fun, but that's mostly due to Frostbite Engine 3 which is fantastic and has almost nothing to do with Bioware.

The sound of weapons is appalling from what I heard. tick tick tick. That's what it is. Fire up Space Marine or Deathwing to hear how weapons should sound like(especially Storm Bolter and Redeemer in Deathwing).

The gameplay seems rote and repetitive and not very innovative. This could be a problem.

And, of course, the monetization, that could be a BIG hurdle as could optimization and other tech related issues.

///

Overall, a promising game if they actually don't abandon it and put in some effort. It has the potential to be a good game, but man, do something about weapon sounds!
    The game does have possibilities, but the cash shop could be the difference between it having a chance and being DOA, i think there is some substance to the rumour that the cash shop 'sneak peak' was released to test the waters to see how much they can get away with, if they think they can get away with charging that much though, things will likely go horribly wrong as Biowares rep isn't that good these days, so charging the types of prices you would normally only find in a F2P game are likely to have some very predictable results. :/
    Gorwe
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    love that argumentation they gave us for the fucked up air controles on PCs :P

"tis is so mouse is not too good/OP compared to gamepads"

orly. and you think we buy that shit? :) seriously, those flight controles are...ouch. and that reason is a fucking joke :)

is this game gonna be crossplay? no? then fuck gamepads.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited January 2019
    I think that video has pretty much decided it for me , it's one of those  games it's going to be far better to hold off buying for a couple of months or so to see how things pan out before buying .
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    edited January 2019
    Thane said:

orly. and you think we buy that shit? :) seriously, those flight controles are...ouch. and that reason is a fucking joke :)

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense if the game was built with cross platform support in mind as well as PvP. Sad that the excuse just really doesn't cut it. It could of been worse I suppose. The could of said  "Athem- Made for PC Gamers by PC Gamers". You know, like they did for Dragon Age Inquisition.

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 537

Thane said:

The mouse issues are caused by Windows mouse acceleration. If they fix that (there is a fix out there already) then you can actually control your Javelin during flight making flying an enjoyable part of the game .
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    As somebody whose invested a lot time and some money in Warframe, I don't see a reason to switch to Anthem.

What does Anthem do better than Warframe (serious question)?

[Deleted User]

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    You sold me Hive this will be EAs last chance for me hehe
    dave6660 said:
    As somebody whose invested a lot time and some money in Warframe, I don't see a reason to switch to Anthem.

Off the top of my head I'd say because Anthem doesn't tie progression to ranking up weapons.

The reason I stopped playing Warframe is that, because of how the progression works, you hardly ever get to use your favourite or strongest weapon unless you decide to stop progressing for a bit.

You always need to get a new weapon and rank it up. What is the point of ranking up weapons when the game encourages you not to use them? I couldn't answer that question so I left and now here I am.
    MrMelGibson
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    dave6660 said:

Off the top of my head I'd say because Anthem doesn't tie progression to ranking up weapons.

The reason I stopped playing Warframe is that, because of how the progression works, you hardly ever get to use your favourite or strongest weapon unless you decide to stop progressing for a bit.

You always need to get a new weapon and rank it up. What is the point of ranking up weapons when the game encourages you not to use them? I couldn't answer that question so I left and now here I am.
    That's true.  Once I got to the point where I could use all the weapons I wanted, I stopped caring about my rank.  I try to have one thing that's leveling up (usually my secondary weapon) and play with what I like for everything else.  I'm a huge fan of the Saryn Prime warframe and use him for the majority of mission types.
    MrMelGibson

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    dave6660 said:

For me, I could never get into WarFrame. On the surface it should be a game I love. But for some reason after multiple attempts I could never stick with it. On the other hand, I really enjoyed my time in Anthem. I imagine I'm not the only one. I'm also positive that some WarFrame players might want to play something new.
    hallucigenocide