Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online Showcases the Game for a 2019 Audience

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageEVE Online Showcases the Game for a 2019 Audience

CCP Games has released a brand new EVE Online trailer for a 2019 audience. The video showcases tons of in-game content, the updated graphics, highlights the free to play aspects, massive battles and much more. EVE fan or not, this one's impressive. Check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Eve's videos have always been exciting and bad ass. Exactly the opposite of the actual game.
    Pher0ciousLeiHngWeiEponyxDamorGdemamidoomexfoxgirlKooturLackingMMOReveriellekinkyJalepenoand 1 other.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I would love to get into Eve. I have tried so many times. Maybe it's just too complicated for me, but it's just intense how much information is just spewed at you, and how much you have to physically look up just to understand the path you want to take for research.
    Amathe[Deleted User]Kootur
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 476
    Are they still trying to sell this to new players? When they do nothing for new players. The same boring tutorial agent missions since forever.
    LeiHngWeiGdemami[Deleted User]KooturMr.Gutsy
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    All they have to do to get me back into the game is to re-animate captain quarters. All they have to do to make me stay for another 5-7 years - expand captain quarters functionality.
    itchmon

Thank you for your time!

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    off topic, but does anyone remember earth and beyond? I enjoyed that more then I did EVE
    raduusschruppSandmanjwitchmonTacticalZombeh
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    EVE Online is proably one of the most exciting MMOs to talk about ... But one of the most boring to actually play. That said, I have tons of fond memories from the game, however, compared to the sheer number of hours put into the game they pale in comparison to the massive amount of time spent on logistics, planning, hauling, and setting up.

I fear for CCP in the coming years. EVE isn't aging well and their other projects haven't faired well.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    I like the dream of Eve, even played it for a bit. Their character creator is one of my favourites ever. But the reality of Eve is a stark nightmare. You go into it a newbie and you might as well sit in nulsec and walk away lol.

(some of this was tongue-in-cheek, calm down). :P
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This game looks awesome to me. But I have always been scared to play it because it seems like you could invest massive amounts of time, only to have someone blow you and everything you have to smithereens. 
    TacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I, too, would love to get into EVE.  There's just too many challenges for my vision, though.  At least make the UI fontsize user selected, especially the Outliner.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nyctelios said:
    Mendel said:
    I, too, would love to get into EVE.  There's just too many challenges for my vision, though.  At least make the UI fontsize user selected, especially the Outliner.

You can customize most of it's font size and collors and what you can't there are some scripts to expand upon that, which were legal when I played. Most of them are to make targets clearer and such.
    It wasn't an ability to resize the Organizer last time I tried to jump in on a trial week.  (circa. June-July (?) last year)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Suicide Ganking still exist? Then no thank you!
    TacticalZombeh
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Eve's videos have always been exciting and bad ass. Exactly the opposite of the actual game.
    As someone who has played EVE for fourteen years, let me put it this way:

EVE is 95% boredom and hanging out with your friends, corp mates on comms and doing things you'd rather not doing.

EVE is also 5% sheer heart pounding exhilaration like you will experience in very very few other games you've ever played.

However, if you've got good friends to play the game with, and don't mind doing a few tedious tasks, then the good parts make up for the bad parts, even if the "bad" parts take up more of your play time.

Also, let me just say that EVE has so many quality of life improvements, that you'll often find yourself asking "Why doesn't the current MMO I play do it this way, this makes way more sense!"
    [Deleted User]EponyxDamoritchmon
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 505
    edited January 2019
    Their videos always make me desire to play, but then I remember it is PvP. It is such a immersive looking game. So glad went it went free to play so I could just dabble time to time. I wouldn't invest real $ into it because of the PvP but it can still be fun.
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    This game is so hard to learn.
    H0urg1ass
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Kootur said:
    This game is so hard to learn.
    Don't attempt to learn EVE on your own.  The best thing to do in EVE is quickly find an organization to join.  One that's been around for a couple of years and know what they're doing.

Solo EVE has to be one of the worst gaming experiences.
    Gdemami13lakeitchmon
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited January 2019

I just logged in just to tell you how wrong you are. I've basically experienced some of the things showed in this video and I played 3 months in total I believe.

Eve, definitely is not a game for you nor for the ones which liked your comment. This is not your typical tab targeting MMO, where you press 1-2-1-3 and your target is death, and that's the reason why Eve can't be played and enjoyed by .. a larger audience. In the end is fine , Eve stands on his own.
  • MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102

EVE Online is proably one of the most exciting MMOs to talk about ... But one of the most boring to actually play. That said, I have tons of fond memories from the game, however, compared to the sheer number of hours put into the game they pale in comparison to the massive amount of time spent on logistics, planning, hauling, and setting up.

I fear for CCP in the coming years. EVE isn't aging well and their other projects haven't faired well.

CCP games was bought by Pearl Abyss.
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    It's a great video. EVE no doubt is a beautiful game, and it can be a lot of fun. It just seems so hard to make friends there. And playing solo PvE the universe can be really lonely.
  • AlennaAlenna Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Myrradah said:

CCP games was bought by Pearl Abyss.
    Memory Fragments for faster skill research inc.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Alenna said:
    Memory Fragments for faster skill research inc.

...already there long before Pearl Abyss bought CCP, they are called Skill injectors.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    as said, enter EVE as solo player is a pain, too many to learn.
    join a corporation (eve's guild) is a must to do! most have training, entertainement, things to do, ship replacement program etc for newbro.
    ccp change the wardec system too so it's more carebear friendly.
    suicide ganking is still a thing but if you're not a hauler with a fortune in cargo or autopilot a bling bling ship in HS, not really a problem.
    there's so many tool to help you and you have the free to play side to test it.
    learning it correctly and your T1 ship can blast omega player like popcorn.

you need too join some different channel (help, info, open fleet, hauling...) to gain all the social aspect of the game, even at solo player.
    so in a night, i can go trade, haul some thingies, fleet with strangers from all country, chill in social channel, small gang and clean my wormhole by exploring and killing rats.

of course, i'll lose some ship, wait at a gate for something to pew, play the 0.01 pvp market, avoid ganking etc but it's eve for me and i cant meet half of fun i got there in others game.

o7
    itchmon
  • MetalFoxMetalFox Member CommonPosts: 9

kryntok said:

off topic, but does anyone remember earth and beyond? I enjoyed that more then I did EVE

Yeah, Earth & Beyond was such a great game.

C'mon don't be so rough on it. It's pretty fun.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Must...
    Not...
    Reinstall..!

I thought warframe had broken eve's lock on my gaming heart but that vid...

Test Alliance Best Alliance!!.

Nooo, i swore Id never say that again...

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I'd love to love eve, but when you fly around by clicking stuff and put that against me getting my VR headset on and getting on my HOTAS to fly for real in other games?............................Well.........
    Phaserlight
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 407
    11 years of my life and almost a divorce, it was fun and then then they $h!t all over the vets (unless your one of the blobs). The number of screw ups over the years and f2p made me leave for good. Toons biomassed never going back. Long story short it's just a grieffest now, it always had that but it's pretty much rewarded now. They tanked the market, mass inflation. If you don't print isk either with your cc or hours/days grinding you will never compete. Thanks to things like the t2 bpo "lotto" you can never compete with indy, rmt from goons and other power blocks mean you will join them or die.....so gl o7