Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

16 Bit-Like 2D MMORDG Azusa RP Online Launches on Steam - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

image16 Bit-Like 2D MMORDG Azusa RP Online Launches on Steam - MMORPG.com News

Brazilian indie studio Inutaishos has announced that its "16 bit-like 2D MMORDG (MMO roleplay-driven game)" Azusa RP Online has officially launched on Steam. Players engage the game from a to-down perspective with no restrictions on the way characters develop. "Your actions can change everything in the world you live in" including unlocking new races, working different jobs, training with combat masters and roleplaying with other players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I think more would play or at least try the game if it was 10-12 $
    20 $ is a bit too much if u ask me.
    bobbymcswansonOyjord
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and I see the devs really like saint seya lol
    killerqueer
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    The RP driven aspect has me intrigued actually.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Looks dope. Ill need to give this a shot, im a real sucker for these types of games.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    gachiBASS

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    SBFord said:

"Your actions can change everything in the world you live in" including unlocking new races

Things like that always sound so mysterious with infinite possibilities to lure in more players.

But it just means that somewhere in the world a new race can be found and once it is found, it will be unlocked.

Don't give in to vagueness hype.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

achmede said:

More would play if the game were more 2019 instead of 1985.
    Oyjord

Let's party like it is 1863!

• chocchoc Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited January 2019
    Looks interesting but 20$ is too much for an indie game with that kind of simplistic graphics and gameplay, especially since neither the Devs or the company are known, like other indie games of the same simplistic graphics like Starbound, Terraria or Stardew Valley that started at 9.99$ when launched officially.

Since is an online game, they will need to have separated servers, otherwise, the language barrier can difficult the RP element or even become non existant.
    Post edited by choc on
  • PapaprikaPapaprika Member UncommonPosts: 55
    There is a better free game that is REALLY good on mobile (and I boycott anything mobile these days...this is an exception) it is playable off line too.
    It is called Doom and Destiny
    After playing every over seas RPG on consol, and some japaneese rpgs that never made it (lots of gems). This one makes top list easy. Progression is good. Story is good with funny humor, it is self aware and takes jokes at classic titles and culture...the screen shots make it look silly try hard humor (which kept me away for a few weeks pondering to DL it or not)...but once you get it, it is not like that, it actually has a interesting and engaging story.
    Map and exploration great. Skill and items set good with graphical representation for weapons.

The only con, of course, is the graphics, but again, that is why I am posting in the 16bit era looking games stuff.
    LAst con is the pay version that just removes ads. But ads take Two seconds to skip.
    Valdheim
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Sounds ambitious, and graphics ain't everything.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    MMORDfuckingwhat? Getting silly now. Learning all the acronyms is harder than just saying the proper words.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Gruug said:

achmede said:

More would play if the game were more 2019 instead of 1985.
    more 1990 since its 16 bit
    SwamiOnTheMountain
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited January 2019
    Certainly not worth $20, I could justify like $10 or a low sub fee, you can play it free on BYOND though. It is actually quite an impressive game, has many more systems than AAA titles we see these days.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Certainly not worth $20, I could justify like $10 or a low sub fee, you can play it free on BYOND though. It is actually quite an impressive game, has many more systems than AAA titles we see these days.
    Then it very well might be worth $20 Especially if it has more than games we see today? yet much cheaper than the $60 or so dollars one might pay for a modern game.

I think if a person likes a game, any game, and it will give that person hours of entertainment then it's worth money.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

Sovrath said:

Then it very well might be worth $20 Especially if it has more than games we see today? yet much cheaper than the $60 or so dollars one might pay for a modern game.

I think if a person likes a game, any game, and it will give that person hours of entertainment then it's worth money.

It is hard to explain what I mean, while it does have a bunch of very cool systems, it is made with BYOND and can be somewhat clunky? It is not for everyone and I think a lower price point would be better for them.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Sovrath said:

It is hard to explain what I mean, while it does have a bunch of very cool systems, it is made with BYOND and can be somewhat clunky? It is not for everyone and I think a lower price point would be better for them.
    Oh, I don't even know what BYOND is. That makes the game clunky? If the game does have such issues then it's not going to be worth it at any price.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60
    lol, right, "don't hurt their feeling bois" cause they will ask your posts to be removed.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    couponfork said: 

Sovrath said:

Oh wow. I remember byond... I used to play tons of old school remakes and anime games on that platform. It was pretty clunky.

Is that really what this game uses?