Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I do not recommend buying this game

OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
This game has already seen its best days.

At this point the main changes are to weaken all the good abilities, moving towards a point where every class will be the same.

The housing system is garbage, DAoC had better in the year 2000.

The main focus now is getting people to buy dress up items for real $$ in the shop and getting decorations for their laim instanced houses that almost no one sees anyway. 

Pvp is a lag/zergfest/joke.

Plus no Auction house=suck.

If you got in early and got to get rich before everything was nerfed you can at least show off your shiny stuff and wtfpwn everyone, BUT if you are thinking about starting now, DON'T :0)
mmolou

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Onodrim said:
    This game has already seen its best days.

At this point the main changes are to weaken all the good abilities, moving towards a point where every class will be the same.

The housing system is garbage, DAoC had better in the year 2000.

The main focus now is getting people to buy dress up items for real $$ in the shop and getting decorations for their laim instanced houses that almost no one sees anyway. 

Pvp is a lag/zergfest/joke.

If you got in early and got to get rich before everything was nerfed you can at least show off your shiny stuff and wtfpwn everyone, BUT if you are thinking about starting now, DON'T :0)
    The only thing I agree with you on is that not having an auction house does suck and its honestly the main reason why I dont play
    NephethYashaX
  • LordTravelerLordTraveler Member CommonPosts: 2
    My 4483 Hours of Play in ESO....This was an awsome game but now it its filled with overpriced crown store items, Vegas style RNG loot boxes, numerous game breaking bugs, Bot trains, exploits a plenty, and continous broken patches. The last patch was so broken that it enabled people in Imperial City to get 2million exp points per kill. Intead of taking down the server immediatly or giving a warning they chose to Ban the people that were in Imperial City for 2 weeks. There are numerous Utube videos that show the Bot Trains farming in zones for 2 years. Even videos of players trolling the Bot trains by pulling mobs onto them to interrupt the bots....ZOS is completly inept at and enforcing a stable anti bot anti exploiting game play. The amount of bugs have increased with each "Bug Fixing Patch". They have had terrible LAG in the Cyrodiil PVP Zone for over 3 years now such as weapon swaping, using abilities, and rubber banding issues. All the while solving nothing but adding an ever increasing amount of Crown store items and more buggy DLCs. I can now see the writing on the wall for ESO. This kinda of neglect and a completly useless response from ZOS is the same thing you see in all MMORPgs that fail to address thier problems and end up with a mass Exodus resulting in the end of the game. I would not recommend anyone waste money or time playing this buggy mess...they will not fix it...they are not capable of fixing the game but rather they can only try to suck more $ out of this ever increasing buggy pile of garbage.
    NephethOnodrim
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    The auction house guild system is a joke. There is no reason why, like in every other game, it can't be available everywhere. I agree with the OP. 
    Onodrim
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Onodrim said:

This is one of the things I hate about this game.
    KyleranOnodrim
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Moirae said:
    The auction house guild system is a joke. There is no reason why, like in every other game, it can't be available everywhere. I agree with the OP. 
    You have access to different guild's wares. I don't see the issue. It's not world of warcraft (thank "goodness") but guilds vie for access to npc's that sell all sorts of stuff. Don't find what you want? move to the next one. easy.
    pantaroOnodrim
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2018
    Initially liked the system, but it wore on me because it seems poorly implemented.  I get you don't need to put all vendors in the same 10 square feet, but I don't appreciate having to travel to multiple vendors in multiple zones to search for a specific item, specifically when the vendors rarely hint at what they have prior to searching through it.  If the vendors came labeled like NPCs "weaponsmith, armorsmith, etc." that might help.
    MikehaYashaXOnodrim

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    this auction house thing cracks me up..  you've got these players bitching about they want to be vendors themselves in one corner.. and then you got these other guys crying about there not being a centralized auction house for everyone on the other side. i mean how are they ever going to please these people? atleast they tried to make somewhat of a compromise and still people hate them for it.
    KyleranSovrathMrMelGibson

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I would prefer a more traditional auction house model.
    Onodrim

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    this auction house thing cracks me up..  you've got these players bitching about they want to be vendors themselves in one corner.. and then you got these other guys crying about there not being a centralized auction house for everyone on the other side. i mean how are they ever going to please these people? atleast they tried to make somewhat of a compromise and still people hate them for it.

Well, I'm okay with either of them. I'm sure a lot of people thinks like this too. The problem is that there is no trading center in this game.  The guild auction houses are very spread around the world. I don't wanna travel zone to zone just to find an item that I want. You wanna be a vendor? Sure why not? You don't even need to put a specific zone for just that. People will pick a town or something after a while and open up their shops in that zone. For example, there is not a specific zone for trading in Ragnarok Online. But %90 of the players will open up their shops in Prontera. Because it is the center of the trade in that game. Same goes with every single mmorpg with that kind of trading. Hack even Ultima Online. Just go to Luna if you wanna trade. Every single player shop is in that zone in Atlantic. Or if you wanna use auction house as a trading system in your game, make it global so people can use it from a specific location and find any item they want from any player easily. Why does someone wanna make it more complicated than this is beyond me…

Kyleran
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    To add to @Nepeth's point: that's how reality is structured.

While nobody assigned a city as a "trade city," there are naturally cities where trade centers emerged.

I get his point.  I wouldn't mind guild vendors, but the haphazard way in which they're sprinkled throughout the game world (instead of allowing players or the devs to designate 2-3 trade centers in which to populate with guild vendors) is a big turn off.
    Onodrim

• ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71
    So did the game improve? Does it worth to give it a try today? I am searching for a proper MMORPG to get immersed to for the next months and I am asking because, despite the "bad reviews", I see a lot of activity and a new expansion coming.

Thanks ;)
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I love ESO. Great fun. Also can't wait to make my Necro!
    mmolou
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited January 2019
    Margrave said:
    I love ESO. Great fun. Also can't wait to make my Necro!
    Well played joke considering the age of this thread.

:)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Another thread demanding a Necromancy Troll as the new playable class in ESO.