Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia's Version of Lost Ark Will Not be Region-Locked According to Mail.ru - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRussia's Version of Lost Ark Will Not be Region-Locked According to Mail.ru - MMORPG.com

The Russian Lost Ark page has a new FAQ that provides an interesting note for those dying to get into the game. With no word on when the game may be released in North America, it may be a chance to get involved with the game until then. Mail.ru Group's new FAQ says that the game will not be region-locked. Players will only need to install the Lost Ark client when it is ready for testing.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Klikae

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This ought to twitterpate people. Hope CBT begins soonish.
    GeFace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• UnbinoUnbino Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Servers Will burn xD
    SBFord
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    So wait !!? I will finally be able to play the game legaly after, how much? 6 years?

So happy !

Kidding. The game region lock that completely ignores half globe. Like our money is not worth to them. I was glad to pirate the game, and will pirate it again if i can

Strizzy12

So wait !!? I will finally be able to play the game legaly after, how much? 6 years?

So happy !

Kidding. The game region lock that completely ignores half globe. Like our money is not worth to them. I was glad to pirate the game, and will pirate it again if i can 

Pirate an....MMO? OK. Have fun then. ^^
    gastovski1TacticalZombeh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I WANT TO PLAY SO BAD!
    Raquis
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

SBFord said:

So happy !

its called private server, it was pretty big around 2k with UO and Lineage 2
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    SBFord said:

So happy !

its called private server, it was pretty big around 2k with UO and Lineage 2
    I just don't get it. The "argument" that is made is irrelevant since this won't be region locked. But whatever. As said, have fun. :P
    nycplayboy78

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

So happy !

SBFordKyleranThaharPanther2103
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    p2w already, rip
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    cool , wondering if there is an english translation for the UI at least already being worked by fans
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    But i bet you it will be hvy p2w Russia does that shit
    But i bet you it will be hvy p2w Russia does that shit
    Everywhere does that shit.
    Phrynycplayboy78xDjevik

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

So happy !

By Pirate i mean play on Private servers ;)

Which by the way have more population and less P2W :)
    Phry

edited January 2019

Sovrath said:

So happy !

What part of -> 6 years <- did you not understand ?

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77

Sovrath said:

So happy !

What part of -> 6 years <- did you not understand?

Wait..this game has been out 6 years?
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Fine. I'll go to play in russia when the broken english patch arrives.

Beta tester maniac

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

SBFord said:

So happy !

By Pirate i mean play on Private servers ;)

Which by the way have more population and less P2W :)
    Private servers are not ever "the" way to play a game. They might have more population, but half of those people filter out weekly creating absolutely 0 community. On top of that you have the instability of a private server, wipes can happen at any moment. You also have the worry that the company will take legal actions against the private servers (which has been happening more recently). To top it all off, Private servers usually have incorrect rates, incorrect stat equations, non working parts of the game, dungeons / loot are almost always broken. It's just not a fun way to play. Why not play the non region locked version of the game?
    SBFordPhryDrius75Valdheim
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Russia? Please tell me anything positive out of Russia in 2000 years.
    Phry
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    kryntok said:

Sovrath said:

So happy !

What part of -> 6 years <- did you not understand?

Wait..this game has been out 6 years?
    No, the Korean open beta (basically release) was November 7, 2018.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Sovrath said:

So happy !

What part of -> 6 years <- did you not understand ?

It could be 10 years, the same idea still stands. Why live like an eight year old expecting that he get a certain gift on Christmas morning?

A game is announced. Great! It's not going to be here yet/is under development/is going to other areas "darn but oh well" move on to other things and then when it's announced see if it's of interest.

Because otherwise it's this ...

The Elder Scrolls games are my thing. They are literally my favorite games. I played and still play the heck out of Skyrim (and morrowind) but it's been 7 years since the game launched. 5 years since I had played through pretty much all of it multiple times. The next game won't be coming out for a few more years.

I'm not going to throw a fit. Even with their little reveal which gave very little info let alone "when."

SBFord
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    And a year or two from now, a NA/EU publisher will be announced, along with new region locks (the new publisher will demand "exclusive access" to players in it's region).

All ineligible players will suddenly be locked out of Mail.RU's servers, with no chance of a refund... :wink:
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Sal1 said:
    russian woman? ak-47? dragunov sniper rifle?
    SBFordSovrathgastovski1xybedout
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    And a year or two from now, a NA/EU publisher will be announced, along with new region locks (the new publisher will demand "exclusive access" to players in it's region).

All ineligible players will suddenly be locked out of Mail.RU's servers, with no chance of a refund... :wink:
    It likely won't be that long, since their usual next launch region and big money maker, China, is off limits now. https://mmos.com/news/smilegate-confirms-lost-ark-coming-west
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Sal1 said:
    OK I will give you the AK47.
    Sal1 said:
    Sal1 said:
    OK I will give you the AK47.
    Will you give me Russian woman though?
    RebeccaWolfSpottyGekkoStrizzy12
This discussion has been closed.