Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a new mmorpg

valariavalaria Member UncommonPosts: 23
I have played SWG, WoW, RoM, and now rift but I am looking for something new again.
I want a game with a decent economy/crafting, pvp I can avoid, player housing (prefer non-instanced) and abosolutely NOT WASD movement.
Honestly if SWG (pre-NGE) had not closed I would still be playing that.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    valaria said:
    That's unlikely.  You'd probably be tired of it by now.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Didn’t swg have wasd movement?
    Zorlofe
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    ESO might be good for you. Player housing is instanced but everything else sounds like something you might like. 
    HuntrezzAelious
  • saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited January 2019
    Quizzical said:
    valaria said:
    SWG - Nothing will ever be like it.  If it came out today using UE4, I would play it in a heart beat.
    Phry
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    saleen said:
    Quizzical said:
    valaria said:
    SWG - Nothing will ever be like it.  If it came out today using UE4, I would play it in a heart beat.
    SWG EMU (Pre) and SWG Legends (Post) are open and doing well.  So enjoy.  I play Legends every once in awhile when I'm feeling nostalgic. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Didn’t swg have wasd movement?
    It had both.
    Phry

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    What do you mean by Non-WASD movement? I had no idea there was a game that did not move you around by the WASD keys.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited January 2019
    Ungood said:
    What do you mean by Non-WASD movement? I had no idea there was a game that did not move you around by the WASD keys.

Probably means click to move? I think all the ones they've listed have the option.
    Ungood
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    Cuppett5 said:
    ESO might be good for you. Player housing is instanced but everything else sounds like something you might like. 
    I am thinking about ESO+ too. But what do you mean by "player housing is instanced"? It sounds like you go to a "door" that sends you to your own housing area away from the other players. I'm thinking something like the housing system in WildStar or the bases in City of Heroes. Am I close?
    Games off the top of my head with click to move:

Revelation Online.

Allods Online.

Perfect World.

Archeage (I think?).

Aion.

Lineage II.

Runescape.

Dofus.

Wakfu.

Atlantica Online.

Tree of Savior.

Ragnarok.

Albion Online (I think?).

You won't find tons of newer games with the option. It is well known that click to move is one of the easiest things for bots to exploit.

I'd go for Archeage on the latest fresh start server out of that list based on what you want. If it still has click to move... 

You may like Perfect World if you enjoyed RoM.

Atlantica Online has a unique turn based combat system for an MMO. It's worth a look.
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    saleen said:
    Quizzical said:
    valaria said:
    SWG EMU (Pre) and SWG Legends (Post) are open and doing well.  So enjoy.  I play Legends every once in awhile when I'm feeling nostalgic. 
    I think I looked into that myself but it needs original disks which I do not have and I do not trust pirate sites.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Alverant said:
    Cuppett5 said:
    I am thinking about ESO+ too. But what do you mean by "player housing is instanced"? It sounds like you go to a "door" that sends you to your own housing area away from the other players. I'm thinking something like the housing system in WildStar or the bases in City of Heroes. Am I close?
    There are bigger areas but they are still instanced in that they aren't part of the open world. Funny enough, the housing you get for free is literally a closet to put things in ;) but I have not invested more time to see what else is available. I'm too invested in the other parts of the game.

I've been playing a couple weeks on and off and it's getting my attention more than another title has in a while. The open and integrated way class, buildout, and gear impact play is more than I thought it would be. Plus the quest voice acting and story is incredibly well done, and funny at times.

@valaria I'm not sure you would like ESO because it has reticle based soft targeting but it's worth a look and a few vids IMO. Gathering and crafting is more involved than baseline regarding armor sets, enchantments, researching traits, deconstruction, etc.
    ESO only has WASD movement so I've no idea why other posters are talking about it.
  • valariavalaria Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Thanks for all the input, and by non-WASD movement I mean I want to use my mouse to move like I do in rift and wow (not click to move). 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    valaria said:
    Thanks for all the input, and by non-WASD movement I mean I want to use my mouse to move like I do in rift and wow (not click to move). 
    A lot of games have that option, even BDO has it, not a fan myself but sometimes it is convenient. :/
  • AmazingGamingAmazingGaming Member CommonPosts: 9
    Lineage 2 Classic if you are into gothic fantasy or Rising Force Online for some sci-fi ambience.
  • Gabriel679Gabriel679 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    Will suggest Perfect World
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2019
    Ungood said:

Yeah on this topic we should simply say that we EXPECT "key mapping" and by that i mean a fully working key mapping which is VERY rare.
    This is why i am not a fan of having too many key binds,many games just have you all over the entire keyboard,that is not fun but it  is very cumbersome.

This pretty much sums why it is so tough to get a HQ game,we have to rely on so many different people working on so many different systems,the odds of everyone one of them being HQ is very low.

The closest i have seen to bringing us a true rpg experience is the survival games but  sadly they are all cash grabs so not fully funded and not fully implemented.However it really tells us how crap the mmorpg developers are that they cannot deliver an equal to the cheap low budget survival games.If the budgets were reversed,the survival games would win by a landslide over the mmorpg's.

So then i look over at Star Citizen and i just shake my head,millions of dollars wasted on a crappy producer, a crappy developer/owner,just a lot of wasted potential.Again if say or example ARK had 300 million to play with like SC and SC only had a few million,Ark would be an 11/10 and SC a 0/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DwaaawffulDwaaawfful Member UncommonPosts: 65
    DDO is always a safe bet.  Gotta remember that without D&D, there's no guarantee that this forum — or gaming in general — would look anything like it does today.

PVP is minimal here, so you're unlikely to be mobbed every five seconds, and there are generous and varied crafting options.

Game world is huge, and regular new content drops frequently, along with themed festivals & offers.

But like many here have said already, breaking free from WASD is tougher than forcing orcish hordes to wear PINK THONGS, but if it helps, you can customise keystrokes (I'm using the directional keys) and fire up a Gamepad (haven't tried this yet, but it's an option).
    Stumpiness & Unbridled Misery Masquerading as VIRTUE

Need an AI-Free Elf Names Generator to bring your next elven character to life? Why ... course you do, you darn fool!
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    ESO or GW2 are both good if you've not tried them. Tera isn't bad either.
  • bartfartkartbartfartkart Member UncommonPosts: 15
    PLAY EVE ONLINE