Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let them work !

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
I don't think they are heavy into building the world yet.  Just test zones to work on characters and balance and implement their ideas. 

The synopsis of the game is simply a "blue print" of how they are trying to build a game. 

People seem to think because "a web site" has a lot of information, it's about ready to play !

I stand by Visionary Realms 100% in not promising anything yet. 
People that want in now = NO !.... Stop assuming anything. 

Let them build their game :)

A few heavy backers that were level headed with common sense, rational and loyal were allowed into testing and streaming of the few test zones, and were allowed to have some fun, promote and give some feed back ....  No wrong doing, everything is up front.    
Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

It's a Kickstarter title, anyone who wants it NOW doesn't know what they bought into.
    delete5230craftseekertweedledumb99

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Should be separate teams,some building maps,some assets/art work,some coding the systems,on and on.
    Really a game needs a lot of thought before starting he development so that they are not just winging around ideas,wasting time and money like Robert's over there at his studios,just winging it.

The long history behind Brad pretty much tells me o expect same old with maybe a couple new ideas or twists.I look at the entire industry ALL of the genres and they are all over crowded,all of them.

We have so many games filling each void we really have no need for anymore for another 30 years or more unless a developer can bring something new and creative to the table.
    30 years ago i figured a MUCH faster moving industry ,every 5-10 years huge improvements.Well the only thing i have witnessed over 30 years is better graphics but in many cases LESS gaming or poorly implemented game ideas.

My guess,don't go expecting much here,imo will be another mmorpg and not much more,just a new skin.I have a lot of ideas and i mean a lot having played so many different genres and seen so many half assed ideas it is really sad to see thousands of games with hardly but a handful of ideas from all of them.We are in the era of automatic assembly line game design,a real dull era.
    delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    delete5230 said:8

It's a Kickstarter title, anyone who wants it NOW doesn't know what they bought into.
    Broken promises, never ending build cycles, no published release schedules, and endless appeals for more funding to complete the vision?

:D

MrMelGibsonNilden

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

People seem to think because "a web site" has a lot of information, it's about ready to play !    
    No one has said that. No one that I know thinks that. But it has been pointed out more than once that there is published information about VR's design intentions, which some people find preferable to read and consider rather than just making stuff up (or spreading misinformation). 
    svann

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    "What's my guess" about what? I didn't see a single question in the OP.
    KyleranAmathesvannMrMelGibsoncraftseekerQuizzical
    --------------------------------------------
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    In a more non sequitur moment, I'd guess 'purple'.

With that in mind, I'd probably go with 'pot roast' instead.  I'm hungry.

KyleranMrMelGibsoncraftseekerQuizzicalmcd6993

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I love the ideas this game has on the table and what is implemented so far. Its in production. Let it bake. 
    tweedledumb99
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530

It's a FAILED Kickestarter, which means it's not even a Kickstarter Title. It's just open crowed funded.
    MrMelGibson
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

SovrathMrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

It's not even that. Their attempt at a kickstarter campaign failed and they had to raise the pledges by other means. I wish them well but people who bought in had better be realistic in their expectations. 
    To be fair (though listed under "they get what they deserved" category) their Kickstarter sucked. It's like they just thought they'd pitch something and watch the money roll in.

As an example, I watched their kickstarter and even though it was pitched as a game I could be interested in playing, I didn't give them a dime.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, time goes, they start showing game footage, it starts taking shape and THEN I pledged some money.

For me, any company has to show a significant bit of footage before I'll consider giving them some cash. With the idea that the money I've given is now gone. I don't expect the game to launch, I don't expect that schedules are iron clad guaranteed, I just give the money and then see what happens.
    KyleranMrMelGibsontweedledumb99
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    For the record, it's amazing what kind of results you can get by googling 'pot roast near me'.  Your mileage may vary, but you might be amazed.  'Amazing' is always worth it.

KyleranMrMelGibsontweedledumb99Amathe

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Mendel said:
    For the record, it's amazing what kind of results you can get by googling 'pot roast near me'.  Your mileage may vary, but you might be amazed.  'Amazing' is always worth it.

It just so happens I've been eating beef all week, the thought of pot roast is making me sick right now..... can we please talk about fish or sea food or something else ?

Please  :|
    Since the OP asked nicely, no more beef talk.

To the original topic (an actual question is hard to pinpoint in that initial post), one of the problems with announcing a new product is answering the inevitable question of 'when?'.  Since so many of these games are now known to the customers as the game is just beginning development, there is much more anticipation about seeing the final product.  Gone are the days when the first you learned about a game was when you got a demo disk in your PC Gamer or saw the box on the shelf.  Everything from funding, development, artwork and publishing were hidden from the customer until the last minute.  Now, all that is up front and fills the internet will details.

Both sides are still adapting to this new situation.  Developers haven't learned to answer that 'When?' question in ways that are satisfying and graceful.  Customers haven't managed to choke back that 'impulse buying' reflex.  Together, these forces serve to keep sites like MMORPG.com around.

The old way kept the customer ignorant and uninvolved until delivery.  These days, the customer is being dragged into the cycle at an early stage, and their first reaction is to open the wallet, ready to buy.  Companies are busy leveraging this instinct.  Customers know more, earlier.  Its a seemingly idyllic situation.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I don't think they are heavy into building the world yet.  Just test zones to work on characters and balance and implement their ideas. 

The synopsis of the game is simply a "blue print" of how they are trying to build a game. 

I stand by Visionary Realms 100% in not promising anything yet. 

Let them build their game :)

A few heavy backers that were level headed with common sense, rational and loyal were allowed into testing and streaming of the few test zones, and were allowed to have some fun, promote and give some feed back ....  No wrong doing, everything is up front.    
    I am not sure I agree with them being upfront and "no wrong doing".

In my view you stated that:

- only "heavy backers" =  people with a personal and financial interest in promoting the games success

- "level headed with common sense" = didn't complain about the game at all / ever

I think that where allowed to have fun and promote the game is accurate.  I think the suggestion that it is all upfront is a little off but it depends on how you meant it.
    Wenchesnmeadtweedledumb99

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This site is his Diary.
    Amathe
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited January 2019
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:
    http://t3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3yTW9iDMW1v4C72nYyB4DysRMksatJUNHqsuKV9E2QmPD59I&usqp=CAY

Yes it is a beef flavored pot noodle (ramen).  "Pot Roast" isn't really something talked about outside of the U.S.
    MrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:
    http://t3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3yTW9iDMW1v4C72nYyB4DysRMksatJUNHqsuKV9E2QmPD59I&usqp=CAY

Yes it is a beef flavored pot noodle (ramen).  "Pot Roast" isn't really something talked about outside of the U.S.
    How about "Kangaroo roast"? :wink:
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:

You don't roast kangaroo, but if you buy bolar blade you can cook it American pot roast style. But really a casserole or a normal roast is much tastier.
    MrMelGibson
    Arterius said:
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:

You don't roast kangaroo, but if you buy bolar blade you can cook it American pot roast style. But really a casserole or a normal roast is much tastier.
    wait are you being honest? I can't tell
    Quite serious. Love a nice bit of roast beef, or a good casserole. Kangaroo steak is great too, also burgers, or sausages. Emu is OK as a sausage or pate. Crocodile works well in a pie. Then, of course, there is a nice creamy bowl of witchity grub soup.
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
    Stay away from Rump Roast.... Leftovers in the refrigerator tend to fart in your face when you open it.

That's an old joke I can't seem to forget   :#
    craftseeker
    edited January 2019
    Amathe said:

No one has said that. No one that I know thinks that. But it has been pointed out more than once that there is published information about VR's design intentions, which some people find preferable to read and consider rather than just making stuff up (or spreading misinformation). 
    Remember you studied their entire web site, and thought you would take it upon your self to be the Pantheion expert here  ;) 

You wanted to be the "go to guy".
    craftseeker
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:

My amazing produced a small local company that sells 9 varieties of Pot Pies.  I even went out and purchased a few varieties for the weekend.  So far, a very nice find.  I had expected an onslaught of family/country restaurants.  Instead I got http://www.paulspotpies.com/.  Some free advertising for them.

Mendel said:
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:

My amazing produced a small local company that sells 9 varieties of Pot Pies.  I even went out and purchased a few varieties for the weekend.  So far, a very nice find.  I had expected an onslaught of family/country restaurants.  Instead I got http://www.paulspotpies.com/.  Some free advertising for them.

Now were into pot pies,
    I don't like them, its like only eating disregarded crust from a pizza.  I always leave the crust, the sauce and cheese should be all the way to the edge. Thats what eating pot pies are like.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Mendel said:
    Mendel said:

Yep it is amazing I got:

Now were into pot pies,
    I don't like them, its like only eating disregarded crust from a pizza.  I always leave the crust, the sauce and cheese should be all the way to the edge. Thats what eating pot pies are like.
    I like to break off the crust into the soupy pot pie innards, to make it a crunchy treat, or a dumpling if let to sit in the stew a bit. 
    delete5230

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Amathe said:

Remember you studied their entire web site, and thought you would take it upon your self to be the Pantheion expert here  ;) 

You wanted to be the "go to guy".
    What nonsense. I have on several occasions pointed out information that was available from the Developers when you were spreading misinformation without bothering to inform yourself of what is available to review.  

And for the record, I am no Pantheon expert. But I can, at least spell Pantheon.
    KyleranMendelWellspring