Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NA World of Warcraft Guild Transfers to Alliance, Picks Up Goodies, & Transfers Back to Horde - MMOR

13»

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2019
    Ozmodan said:
    this article makes absolutely no sense.  How can you transfer a horde character to an alliance one?  You can't so why is everyone talking about such?

Wut?

Faction change is common and one of the paid services for WoW. $30 if paid with cash or for in-game gold, though I don't know what the precise amount is.

When you change faction, you log in and choose a race and you're done. You can't change your class and most achievements don't jump with you, but it's been a "thing" forever. 

Information is your friend, friend. :)

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

SBFord said:

@parrotpholk They spent in-game gold on the transfers but it's still just another sign that WoW seems to be irrevocably broken these days across every feature -- raiding, PvP, gear acquisition, class design, balance, etc.

They just need to simplify things.
    Here's another thing:

$30 for a faction change

Now...if you log into the PTR, you can import your live account characters. If you want, you can click a single button and change their faction instantly. 

It's not like they have to manually do anything. Most of their paid services are so grossly overpriced as to be abusive to wallets
    gervaise1pantaroPalebane[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    SBFord said:
    Here's another thing:

$30 for a faction change

Now...if you log into the PTR, you can import your live account characters. If you want, you can click a single button and change their faction instantly. 

It's not like they have to manually do anything. Most of their paid services are so grossly overpriced as to be abusive to wallets
    They priced things like that to try and discourage people from actually doing it, but those that really, really want to will still do it no matter what price they set.  Originally they didn't even want to do a faction change at all, but it was requested so much they finally gave in.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited January 2019
    SBFord said:
    Ozmodan said:
    this article makes absolutely no sense.  How can you transfer a horde character to an alliance one?  You can't so why is everyone talking about such?

Wut?

Faction change is common and one of the paid services for WoW. $30 if paid with cash or for in-game gold, though I don't know what the precise amount is.

When you change faction, you log in and choose a race and you're done. You can't change your class and most achievements don't jump with you, but it's been a "thing" forever. 

Information is your friend, friend. :)

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change
    Well it most certainly has NOT been a thing forever you used to be only able to transfer to a different server, this exchange between alliance and horde is new
    .  Never heard of anything so ridiculous.  No wonder people are so down on this game, it has become a circus.

[Deleted User]
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    k61977 said:
    SBFord said:
    Here's another thing:

$30 for a faction change

They priced things like that to try and discourage people from actually doing it, but those that really, really want to will still do it no matter what price they set.  Originally they didn't even want to do a faction change at all, but it was requested so much they finally gave in.
    You are trying to find rational or are kidding right?

They put it out there because they knew people would pay it not because they were hoping people would not use it.

I am at a loss on the excuses will make for Blizzard.  I am in no way saying it is wrong or anything of them to charge that but come on man.
    No just had family that worked for Blizzard before they became what they are now.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    It's not surprising.  When you start leveraging meta-game services for cash because you need to feed your machine, it opens the game systems up to ridiculous shit like entire guilds changing factions back and forth to play the system.

I get that the level of unforgiving commitment required of the 1st Gen MMORPGs was very restricting, but allowing folks to pay their way out of damn near every single decision they make regarding their RPG avatars is equally retarded, honestly.
    Palebane

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    It was possible for them to do this, so they did it. Cant say i see any problems with that except for Blizzard incompetence
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    This is but another reason I'm not playing WoW. Blizzard has long known that balance can be achieved for both factions, but won't implement it. They claim it would make the game "boring", but what is tiring is paying money to faction change for a buff the other faction has. EMFH was a great buff, but Blizzard nerfed it, despite giving Horde a trinket to compensate for not having a Human "racial".

Now they're doing the same disease process with gear, as a means to "entice" faction balance.

Oh, and have you heard? Blizzard is bringing faction POLITICS in the game, too. In this real life political atmosphere now. People play vieo games to escape reality in a fantasy world, not import it into the game. Now the game WILL resemble Democrats and Republicans.

WoW is spiralling down the mountain and it needs changes to survive, as it's hanging by a thread as a video game.

Oh, and have you heard? Blizzard is bringing faction POLITICS in the game, too. In this real life political atmosphere now. People play vieo games to escape reality in a fantasy world, not import it into the game. Now the game WILL resemble Democrats and Republicans.
    Eh? Do tell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    SBFord said:

Eh? Do tell.

@5:25 --

Bad enough Steve Bannon owned Wowhead. Bad enough we have MAGA guilds (when WoW had for a long time a ban on religious and political guild names ... that seems to not exist anymore). Now faction politics have been datamined ... it won't end well with the toxicity in the game.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Just another reason to unsub. If ever anyone needed proof that Bliz is biased in that they support the alliance more than the Horde look no further than this. It's been happening for years now.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Just another reason to unsub. If ever anyone needed proof that Bliz is biased in that they support the alliance more than the Horde look no further than this. It's been happening for years now.
    Huh?  What gives you that idea?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Lets sub

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

Some people have to much wasted time on there hands :)

and you did not spend enough in class. Their.

Dam it now you've hurt my feeling , i brought one feeling to the internet today and you've gone and hurt it ..

But maybe so , the highest Grade i graduated was 9th ....

But , i retired at 53 , i put my 2 older kids thru OSU , my 7 year old son has his college education secure in a fund ..

I have a 5/3 home and a nice vacation home in the Poconos..

How you doin chief :)

Must be true since it's on the Internet **eyeroll**, seems insecure trying to boost your ego online, on a ragtag MMO site.

I dont think ragtag means what you think ragtag means.
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I remember when Horde got their free 340+ gear first week of Warfronts. Then Ion told Alliance to go f themselves in so many words and that he doesnt care. Unsubbed after that. Glad to see its still a thing.