Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it's making sense now,Ark...Dark N Light...Atlas.

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Snail games took over Studio Wildcard,after that nobody knows what is going on there as nothing seems to have been fixed or improved but they managed to turn out 3  identical games all off the one single idea/game.
So this is not just Atlas an Ark copy ,this is ALSO Dark N Light,the exact same code,issues,basically all 3 are the exact same game.

What a scummy move by Snail games,they are now on my black list of scummy devs never to support ever again.I gave them a chance,all 3 games albeit the same game are cool like really cool ideas and COULD be good games IF the developer/owner was not such scum.
imagine if instead of separating this into 3 games i mean titles and was only one "as should be",the quality level COULD be higher.

Take your pick,if you want Ark or DnL or Atlas,doesn't matter they are the same game,just pick one title and let a real developer take this over and make this great.Somebody actually got me excited telling me EA took over but is not true ,Ea simply has some new platform or something called Atlas.

How can such a scum move happen in this industry without all the gaming websites calling out Snail for being such scum?Oh yeah they all work together to deceive us for the almighty $$$.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

GdemamiScot

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    But, but, but, you finally found a game that you like..... After centuries......

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranAsheramAlmostLancelot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    How is it a scummy developer. Ever hear of rebranding a product or changing something around a bit, then rebranding it.

It is a business move, we live in a capitalistic society. No one forced you to buy any game. If they are the same game then you should have noticed immediately.

Also, some people like dinosaurs, some like pirate stuff, some like fantasy. 

Get over it.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    When DnL came out comparisons were made with Ark, but it wasnt until Atlas when players really started calling out it was a pirate reskin of the previous game with a few changes.  Probably had something to do with players finding Ark dropdown menus in Atlas.

Bethesda basically did the same with FO76, just took basic elements of FO4 which in an earlier era would have been released as an expansion rather than a "new" game. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MasoodVoonMasoodVoon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    People that played Ark weren't surprised. This is akin to calling the Burning Crusade a rip off because World of Warcraft came out. You knew you were going to get some of the same just by watching the trailer. It is similar because it was a popular formula. Many people love Ark.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Ok what is up Wizard 3 days ago you were white knight now you are dark wizard.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Asheram said:
    Ok what is up Wizard 3 days ago you were white knight now you are dark wizard.
    He was probably ganked and lost his stuff.
    Asheramtweedledumb99pantaroTruvidien88

• trixtrix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Wizardry said:
    Snail games took over Studio Wildcard,after that nobody knows what is going on there as nothing seems to have been fixed or improved but they managed to turn out 3  identical games all off the one single idea/game.
    So this is not just Atlas an Ark copy ,this is ALSO Dark N Light,the exact same code,issues,basically all 3 are the exact same game.

What a scummy move by Snail games,they are now on my black list of scummy devs never to support ever again.I gave them a chance,all 3 games albeit the same game are cool like really cool ideas and COULD be good games IF the developer/owner was not such scum.
    imagine if instead of separating this into 3 games i mean titles and was only one "as should be",the quality level COULD be higher.

Take your pick,if you want Ark or DnL or Atlas,doesn't matter they are the same game,just pick one title and let a real developer take this over and make this great.Somebody actually got me excited telling me EA took over but is not true ,Ea simply has some new platform or something called Atlas.

How can such a scum move happen in this industry without all the gaming websites calling out Snail for being such scum?Oh yeah they all work together to deceive us for the almighty $$$.

cheers for the info its kinda like all these companies capitalizing on subscriptions for aimbots, instead of developing anti cheats that work.
    LOL L2's new advertisement is wonderful..... 
    Take a step back in time and relive the original Lineage II experience as it was in the beginning. Create a classic hero from the original 5 races and 31 class options and jump into the nostalgic hardcore level grind where the rewards can outweigh the risks. It's your chance to experience the game the way it was when "hardcore" meant something!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    People that played Ark weren't surprised. This is akin to calling the Burning Crusade a rip off because World of Warcraft came out. You knew you were going to get some of the same just by watching the trailer. It is similar because it was a popular formula. Many people love Ark.
    Burning Crusade was not released as a new game.
    BloodaxesTruvidien88KyleranAsheram
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    It seems all UBSoft's, Far Cry's are almost identical.

Not much difference between Far Cry 3 and 4.  Infact people were complaining Far Cry 4 and Primal were the exact same world map and people proved it with a match up map.

Whats happening now ?....... Far Cry New Dawn is being developed with the same exact world as Far Cry 5.  At least UBSoft admits this one. 

But this one, they have to inform the public.  Because their now using the same Map and Buildings !!! 

With this, they can pump out a new game in what ?...less than two years ? 

My real opinion:
    I love the Far Cry series.  I'll be playing New Dawn in February.  I'm a little disappointed with this laziness.... Now sure why, I'm a little mad  :|  
    KyleranAsheram
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Wizardry said:

Are there any developers not on your personal blacklist?
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    It seems all UBSoft's, Far Cry's are almost identical.

Not much difference between Far Cry 3 and 4.  Infact people were complaining Far Cry 4 and Primal were the exact same world map and people proved it with a match up map.

Whats happening now ?....... Far Cry New Dawn is being developed with the same exact world as Far Cry 5.  At least UBSoft admits this one. 

But this one, they have to inform the public.  Because their now using the same Map and Buildings !!! 

With this, they can pump out a new game in what ?...less than two years ? 

My real opinion:
    I love the Far Cry series.  I'll be playing New Dawn in February.  I'm a little disappointed with this laziness.... Now sure why, I'm a little mad  :|  
    I don't personally have any problem with developers using the same engine/code and pumping out more content/games. 
    Ark, DNL, and Atlas are all different settings/themes, so I don't see the problem there. 

What makes these companies a bit scummy is when they have the same bugs/performance issues in each game and don't seem to address them.  Bethesda, Atlas devs, etc.

Far Cry, Fallout, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc., all are often basically the same game from one iteration to the next.
    I don't see people sitting around complaining as much about those series, so I assume the major complaint with the Atlas studio is the crappy optimization.  Or, maybe, it's just the perpetual Early Access?
    But, as far as the games, they are completely different settings, so I don't see much cause for complaint, in that regard.  Why would you toss out something that's working and draws in customers and start from scratch constantly?
    AlBQuirky
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    wildcards, snail games, Lehman brothers...all very shady , stay away...
  • AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I'm honestly not entirely sure what you're so upset about. Snail games bought Wildcard back in 2015 I believe, so it shouldn't be a surprise to you. Additionally, I played Dark and Light and they used an early engine build of Ark for some reason. This was accompanied by the same exact bugs that Ark had at its initial launch, but they were quick about producing stable builds at the start. The game is far from perfect, but they have added a bunch of their own content. I think I played for about 120 hours in that game alone for $20. Not a bad deal for early access and its far from being close to any of the games that I regret buying over the years - Bless Online comes to mind.

Ark was a bug fest, but it was a fun sandbox with several new unique mechanics that developed overtime for $30. I have over 1500 hours played in that game.

Atlas has way better building snap points and a few stand alone game play mechanics, but only the map size is unique. The launch was terrible, but they've produced many stabilization patches to get it in a playable state. They still have a bunch of issues to sort out especially when the server load gets above 130 players. Atlas to me has been WAY more fun than Ark. I'm at 400 hours played right now and I still enjoy the game even if the mechanics are pretty much the same as Ark.

Anthem is a good and relevant example of an asset flip or any Battlefield game for that matter. They're reusing many of the assets and textures from Mass Effect or past Battlefield titles.

TLDR: My point is that the base of these games are good and they sell with no pay to win mechanics or subscription with mostly enjoyable content to play with friends. Why do you honestly care that a company would reuse assets to make a new IP? Each of Wildcards IP's take place in a different universe with varied mechanics.

Kyleran
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    A fool and his money..

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.