Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Open Beta to Start January 24th

2»

Comments

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    If They dont do a U-turn they will fail miserable.. they are delusional and think kids will play their battle royale, its boring af, and i would rather play wolfenstein vs npcs
  • Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34

J_Jones said:

I don't want compare Br and Siege modes with AOC MMO, still have hopes for full game.

But siege mode is very important for the AOC MMO, too 'cos there will be castle sieges and node sieges. You know it, right?
  • knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I just tried the beta, it took about 20 mins to get a match and it was a hot mess i lagged out and died within seconds, its hard to be impressed with a beta like this, I dont care much for the BR modes, its feels like they skimped on content and and focused on the easy way out and making us fight our selfs instead of content, quest, lore and skill sets you know things that you would find in an mmo. I tried a few more times but its just not fun by comparison fortntie at least held my attention with the build gimmick though not for long, for this game its a hard pass, I dont care much for the battle royal mode ill play on occasion but if thats all you have I dont want any part of it. Maybe later the game play will get smoother but aside form the presentation how is apocolypse any different fro every other BR game, so far its I can stab you instead of shoot you.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    apparently beginning end of January alpha testers will be able to test the MMO too...
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Galadourn said:
    apparently beginning end of January alpha testers will be able to test the MMO too...
    It’s already the end of January...

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Galadourn said:
    I don't think the MMO development timeline has been affected yet by this BR version. Alpha was planned, iirc, for Q1 2019 so they are typically still on track for that.
    The release date will more likely be in 2020 as they actually have been quietly incurring delays and moving dates which I believe has to push the final release out from the end of 2019.

THIS is how you post.
    Maybe they'll release on time and in a state like Fallout 76 and everyone will give it all sorts of excuses and say how they're having fun with their friends so it doesn't matter.

Does it really matter if people make lame excuses for shitty game production before OR after the game is released? Apparently the answer depends on which game thread we're in.
    Hmm, we were discussing whether or not the original timeline for the MMORPG is still intact. Not sure what the terms "having fun" or "friends" have to do with gaming,  as stated before, not reasons I play games though it appears something others do, like eating sushi....weird.

Where did the conversation about production values come from, I guess a FO76 thread?

Now that you mention it so far Apocalyspse appears to be suffering in this area, but I think it will deserve it's own thread when the time comes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Galadourn said:
    I don't think the MMO development timeline has been affected yet by this BR version. Alpha was planned, iirc, for Q1 2019 so they are typically still on track for that.
    The release date will more likely be in 2020 as they actually have been quietly incurring delays and moving dates which I believe has to push the final release out from the end of 2019.

THIS is how you post.
    Maybe they'll release on time and in a state like Fallout 76 and everyone will give it all sorts of excuses and say how they're having fun with their friends so it doesn't matter.

Does it really matter if people make lame excuses for shitty game production before OR after the game is released? Apparently the answer depends on which game thread we're in.
    Hmm, we were discussing whether or not the original timeline for the MMORPG is still intact. Not sure what the terms "having fun" or "friends" have to do with gaming,  as stated before, not reasons I play games though it appears something others do, like eating sushi....weird.

Where did the conversation about production values come from, I guess a FO76 thread?

Now that you mention it so far Apocalyspse appears to be suffering in this area, but I think it will deserve it's own thread when the time comes.

It's hard to take the "harbinging" seriously with the flip flopping inconsistency. Yeah, you guys aren't wrong about all the stuff and it's annoying as hell as a backer that yet another project is going stupid. I'll just put it plainly. It's hard to take hypocrites seriously. Remain silent on other game shenanigans and gaslilght them with a pass and get loud when you see low hanging fruit. No shit this project is off rails, but then you forget all these principles for FO76 or some other GaaS with its own sins and skeletons. There is a parable about a splinter and a plank.
    I think there is a fundamental difference between arguing when someone points out the flaws in a game and being silent or just saying “this is what I see”.  I don’t ever recall trying to say someone was wrong to criticize the game.   But I’m getting old so maybe my mind is going. Wouldn’t be shocked.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited January 2019
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Galadourn said:

THIS is how you post.

It's hard to take the "harbinging" seriously with the flip flopping inconsistency. Yeah, you guys aren't wrong about all the stuff and it's annoying as hell as a backer that yet another project is going stupid. I'll just put it plainly. It's hard to take hypocrites seriously. Remain silent on other game shenanigans and gaslilght them with a pass and get loud when you see low hanging fruit. No shit this project is off rails, but then you forget all these principles for FO76 or some other GaaS with its own sins and skeletons. There is a parable about a splinter and a plank.
    I'm not sure I understand your point about inconsistency, but l'll try to address.

1. ASHES is crowd funded title which promised delivery by years end.  FO76 came out of no where early in 2018, built entirely with company funds and released pretty much on time as promised.

2.) FO76 suffers from far more defects, exploits and stability issues than a game charging full retail should. I have expressed my displeasure at two of the three as I've not directly experienced any impact on my game play from reported exploits.

Apparently is a known MO of Bethesda which gamers have long tolerated but for FO76 it seems more onerous, perhaps due to the blocking of modders who normally "fix" the issues.  

Intrepid has long struggled with release delays and stability issues for both their MMO test cycles and Apocalypse, taking the latter offline unexpectedly after launching its first beta but not before taking money in the cash shop.

3) While I did pre-order FO76 had an open beta which enabled me to consider canceling which I publically considered here on the forums. 

While against my usual policy against supporting buggy games at launch I let the purchase ride as it let me burn an Amazon gift card which had been riding far too long in my wallet and I am a huge fan of FO4 which this title well resembles IMO.

Ashes backers have had a chance to play in the pre alpha if they ponied up but as far as I know were never given an opportunity to get a refund  if they aren't happy with what they've seen so far.

This has been a difficult challenge as the two games really aren't very comparable in terms of either build or delivery.

I normally put it up against CU, COE, CF, SC and the like as the comparisons are more on the same level.

Slapshot1188

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27

J_Jones said:

I don't want compare Br and Siege modes with AOC MMO, still have hopes for full game.

But siege mode is very important for the AOC MMO, too 'cos there will be castle sieges and node sieges. You know it, right?

Yes, I know it. I just don't want to compare them with AOC MMO. For me sieges more attractive with MMO, not as a standalone mode.
    So anyone actually playing the BR beta atm and can share how it is going?

Perhaps they are all too busy having fun.

;)

• Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I'm sure they are. But not for a long time, 'cos it will wrap up on January 27th.
    Slapshot1188
  • Luxfere666Luxfere666 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Game is a real bore not at all what I was expecting, I deleted it off of my machine if it turns into just a pvp gank fest then this isnt really what I am looking for. They advertise it as PVE / PVP. Btw it seems everyone is making games on the same damn enginer Unreal 4