Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Flight Advance, ArcCorp Glance | 3.4.03 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Flight Advance, ArcCorp Glance | 3.4.03 - MMORPG.com

If it's Friday, it must be time for the latest episode of Star Citizen: Around the Verse. This time, Animation Director Steve Bender and Technical Director of Content Sean Tracy take to the stage to discuss new flight model controls, offer sneak peeks at ArcCorp and the moons "and learn how to pronounce Gladius".

Read the full story here

Comments

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    Making progress day after day. The flight model is a very good example of main feature (this is about flying ships after all), mandatory for Squadron 42 (solo) that will be added end of Q1 in Star Citizen (MMO) so it is tested/tweaked all year long.
    True for many others features/assets.
    WalkinGlennNorseGodgastovski1
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ummm using a current example of a game i am plying,i would say this has been a horrible effort and imo a GREEDY one.

So the ships are coming along eh?Well i already have my ships to sail AND build and design.You don't get to design because this is Chris's cash cow,he makes the ships ,YOU buy them...sad.

Realistic features,well gravity is about all you can do in space,should already be done with that long ago.My sailing ships have VERY realistic motion and the water we sail in is also very realistic looking and you can fall into the sea and drown and see giant Sharks,fish,Manta ray,what do you see when you fall out the ships in SC any immersion at all?

Is there any risk,adventure in the world or is it simply just a pvp playground in space?You leave your Hangar is there the possibility an alien ship or fleet might attack you or just nothing?

You see this is just one SMALL picture i am painting,this Robert's guy is scamming you believers so badly it is sickening.What he has done so far is VERY amateurish/Indie,not something that looks like 200 million was funded.

Not that i am now just waking up to reality but i feel almost everything that other guy was saying about Chris and this game was likely 90% true but somehow all the attention was steered towards that other guy and not on Robert's.I guess gamer's must be starving for a decent space game so will hang their hopes on anyone,too bad this is NOT going to deliver,i am quite certain.Then again hose starving for a space game still think Eve online is a great game...lmao,so yeah if they think Eve is good i can see how they might think SC is going to be good ... sigh.
    TacticalZombehErillion

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Just release the game already.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Remember when 3.0 was the holy grail? I guess it's 4.0 now.
    killerqueer

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    The game that never will be released!
    WalkinGlenngastovski1

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    Biggest. Scam. Ever.
    MensurWalkinGlenngastovski1Mr.GutsyErillionXarktard
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Wizardry said:

Ummm using a current example of a game i am plying,i would say this has been a horrible effort and imo a GREEDY one.

Which game is that?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    This comments section above is full of stupid people!! If ya don't like...move on!
    mmoloumarcio519WalkinGlenngastovski1JoeBloberErillionBabuinix
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited January 2019

Voidfarer said:

This comments section above is full of stupid people!! If ya don't like...move on!

More like smart people because we didn't let Chris Rob-ert us blind.

WalkinGlennNorseGodgastovski1bgzgamerPher0cious
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Let me know when they finally add playable females characters...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    CR is pretty good with his vision but he spends money like there's no tomorrow.  He doesn't budget, he goes all out.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    edited January 2019

CR is pretty good with his vision but he spends money like there's no tomorrow.  He doesn't budget, he goes all out.

all out on h**kers and c**ain :P
    TyserieNorseGodWhiteLantern

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited January 2019

Yeah! Chris Rob-ert's visions are amazing. He's made sooo much money, sooo much profit and he didn't even have to put out a finished product. Just the illusion of he'll finish it, someday... maybe... eventually... maybe not... BUT KEEP GIVING HIM MONEY WOOOOO
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    https://i.imgur.com/pbDM6kW.png

https://i.imgur.com/EPMxrzE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eEcLbIL.png

Not seeing the gross money mismanagement that is being claimed.
    Very much the opposite according to the ready available facts.
    However, it is to be expected when impatient, temper tantrum throwing, crybaby drama lama's start screeching. 
    ErillionEpicJohnsonBabuinix
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Voidfarer said:
    Really, what is up with the obsessive viral stalkers of this game.  I'm sensing there is some vacancy in their life's that is only filled by acting out dark fantasy's against Chris Roberts and his game.

Wizardry said:

I guess gamer's must be starving for a decent space game so will hang their hopes on anyone,too bad this is NOT going to deliver,i am quite certain.

... "experts" around internet keep saying none of the current Alpha 3.4.1 was possible.... years ago. they have been demonstrated wrong, badly.
    Not only the project is heading to beta (not in 10 years but in a year and half) but the company valuation is +460M$ after an independent audit.
    Better: The company do have +500 team, uptodate pipelines and is driven by CR, a guy who ALWAYS delivered memorable games.

ALL prophets have been proven wrong. Swallow it. It is indeed already deliver, SC being the test-bed of SQ42 :)

foxgirl said:

Let me know when they finally add playable females characters...

It should be done by end of Q1 in 2 months.

Mr.Gutsy said:

Yeah! Chris Rob-ert's visions are amazing. He's made sooo much money, sooo much profit and he didn't even have to put out a finished product. Just the illusion of he'll finish it, someday... maybe... eventually... maybe not... BUT KEEP GIVING HIM MONEY WOOOOO

First, there is zero profit. Pledges are used to pay the team
    Second we Backers got SC 3.4.1 and Beta SQ42 in a year and half. Not in 10 years or never.

All prophets of Doom have been proven wrong. If you don't understand or agree to Crowdfunded model, just wait till Beta or release. Nobody force you to pledge less than a re-skinned Triple-A from Publishers for Two triple-A: Squadron 42 + Star Citizen. I got both for 35$ and know I will get amazing experience precisely because CR is driving the project.
    SC alone in its Alpha state is more entertaining than many triple-A without ambition around.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

Mr.Gutsy said:

First, there is zero profit. Pledges are used to pay the team
    Second we Backers got SC 3.4.1 and Beta SQ42 in a year and half. Not in 10 years or never.
    Star Citizen founders, mostly Chris Roberts, just made some millions of profit by selling part of the company.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Funny, my comments at the time of the kickstarter that SC was not going to be delivered on time, or as claimed, have been proven right for years.  But maybe this time they'll actually hold to schedule?  Well, good luck with that.  Heard that tune for years.

And the financials pretty much show the project would be unable to last out the year, without that big investor coming in pay for a year's development.   And profit off of supporter's money.....

Idolatrous hero worship can't cover up the continuous management screw ups.  No matter how many marketing videos they produce.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>
    And the financials pretty much show the project would be unable to last out the year, without that big investor coming in pay for a year's development.   
    >>>

No they do not. That is just your interpretation.

14 Million plus their usual yearly income is less than their typical yearly burn rate.

But hey ... who wants to read the numbers when they can post a biased rant instead ?!

Have fun