Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NA World of Warcraft Guild Transfers to Alliance, Picks Up Goodies, & Transfers Back to Horde - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNA World of Warcraft Guild Transfers to Alliance, Picks Up Goodies, & Transfers Back to Horde - MMORPG.com

Top tier raiding is a big deal in World of Warcraft as guilds around the world race for the "world first" achievements clearing the latest raid tier on mythic difficulty. Guilds look for every advantage possible. In a weird twist, this week's opening of Battle of Dazar'alor offered Alliance players a fairly significant advantage over Horde players. Allies were able to collect additional high level gear that Horde players do not have access to ahead of the mythic version opening next week.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Some people have to much wasted time on there hands :)
    SBFordKyleraniamspamicusBlacklabelcaliAzaron_Nightblademeonthissite
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I agree with the guilds that are snarking at what they did. These guilds are progressing without any "advantage" and are still kicking ass. :)
    [Deleted User]meonthissite

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125

SBFord said:

I agree with the guilds that are snarking at what they did. These guilds are progressing without any "advantage" and are still kicking ass. :)

..and yet, you can't deny the incompetence of Blizzard regarding this .. situation. They are the one to blame for having broken "features" in BfA.
    SBFordWhiteLanternAsm0deusjimmywolfiamspamicusKalebGrayson[Deleted User]ThupliGaladournXingbairongand 7 others.
    BobVa said:
    SBFord said:

..and yet, you can't deny the incompetence of Blizzard regarding this .. situation. They are the one to blame for having broken "features" in BfA.
    Absolutely. Blizzard, in my opinion, has fumbled just about 100% of this expansion.
    Asm0deusKalebGraysondragonlee66[Deleted User]Viper482natpickmeonthissitewingoodThaharSamhael

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42

Scorchien said:

and you did not spend enough in class. Their.
    [Deleted User]Viper482jmlane223BlacklabelcalimeonthissiteSamhael
    @parrotpholk They spent in-game gold on the transfers but it's still just another sign that WoW seems to be irrevocably broken these days across every feature -- raiding, PvP, gear acquisition, class design, balance, etc.
    [Deleted User]CoolitKyleran[Deleted User]natpickceh430meonthissiteThaharPsym0n

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    That Blizzard's don't seem to have considered this possibility indicates they don't understand "serious" raid guilds.

SBFordmeonthissite
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    On one level this is a case of "exploiting" an opportunity.

On another level chapeau to Link. They identified an opportunity for advantage; worked to make it possible - earning the gold needed; and then executed. Min-maxing at its (cough) "best".
    SBFordmeonthissite
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Its a horrendous situation for the game to be in when advantage can be gained with cash and not earned through regular game play.

The loot system in Live WoW seems to be a mess these days when because of excessive rng and freebies effort in doesn't equate to rewards earned anymore, its a real shame to see the game in such a state.
    Blacklabelcalimeonthissite
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Going to be honest about this. The ones whining are whining because they didn't think to do the same thing. There is nothing wrong with changing sides, hell it cost them a pretty penny to do it, not once but twice. It is a service anyone can do at any time. They were smart enough to figure out a way to get better gear. They didn't do anything outside of the ToS or against any of the games policies. Yeah that mythic will now be easier for that guild without a doubt. I tip my hat to them for thinking outside the box and coming up with a solution to give them the edge without breaking any rules or cheating. If it wasn't possible for the other guilds to do it then maybe I wouldn't say agree with it. There should never be something one sided like this event though right before something like this that was bad planning on Blizzards side to begin with.
    iamspamicusmeonthissite
    edited January 2019
    All of these faction changes were done with in-game gold, not real world cash. Just FYI. 

I totally agree that the fact that this wasn't foreseen by Blizzard is just....breathtakingly stupid....or maybe it was by design. LOL...after all, the "world first" race has been dominated by EU Horde guilds for a couple years (at least). Maybe they wanted to throw a bone to NA Ally guilds with the extra gear and a day's advantage (the latter of which has always been).

Another thing....why on earth in this day and age are servers restarted and / or updated a day apart in NA/EU? It's inexplicable. But I digress :D
    [Deleted User]gervaise1ShodanasmeonthissiteThahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Scorchien said:

Dam it now you've hurt my feeling , i brought one feeling to the internet today and you've gone and hurt it ..

But maybe so , the highest Grade i graduated was 9th ....

But , i retired at 53 , i put my 2 older kids thru OSU , my 7 year old son has his college education secure in a fund ..

I have a 5/3 home and a nice vacation home in the Poconos..

How you doin chief :)

SBFord[Deleted User]iamspamicusetlarBlacklabelcaliGymrat313meonthissiteesc-joconnorBeezerbeezThahar
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

Dam it now you've hurt my feeling , i brought one feeling to the internet today and you've gone and hurt it ..

But , i retired at 53 , i put my 2 older kids thru OSU , my 7 year old son has his college education secure in a fund ..

Weird flex but alright.
    BlacklabelcalimeonthissitePsym0n
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

Pretty good deal you got for selling your soul I guess. 

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

Pretty good deal you got for selling your soul I guess. 

;)
    lol Kyle soul is intact , ive punched that ticket
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430

SBFord said:

All of these faction changes were done with in-game gold, not real world cash. Just FYI. 

I totally agree that the fact that this wasn't foreseen by Blizzard is just....breathtakingly stupid....or maybe it was by design. LOL...after all, the "world first" race has been dominated by EU Horde guilds for a couple years (at least). Maybe they wanted to throw a bone to NA Ally guilds with the extra gear and a day's advantage (the latter of which has always been).

Another thing....why on earth in this day and age are servers restarted and / or updated a day apart in NA/EU? It's inexplicable. But I digress :D

You're giving Blizzard too much credit Suzie. It doesn't take too much insight to have seen this coming. The story is bad. The systems are bad. People are allegedly leaving in droves. I started to get worried that if WoW was really going to die, what would that mean for gaming in general. Absolutely nothing. There are SO many other good games out there. Odyssey, God of War, The Witcher, Anthem, Pillars of Eternity, Path of Exile, Elder Scrolls Online. Try them out folks. Get off the sinking ship and open your eyes to other games and game types.
    pantarobcbullymeonthissiteThahar
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Pay to win. Gold can be bought with cash. And if they made all that gold selling raid runs, then they are cheaters too, as that is against the rules afaik.

Personally, I find it depressing that people would go through that much trouble just for some bragging rights that will be obsolete in the next few patches, but whatever. I imagine they had fun doing it. Blizzard executives may even appreciate the extra cash. I expect this to be the way, going forward.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

SBFord said:

You're giving Blizzard too much credit Suzie. It doesn't take too much insight to have seen this coming. The story is bad. The systems are bad. People are allegedly leaving in droves. I started to get worried that if WoW was really going to die, what would that mean for gaming in general. Absolutely nothing. There are SO many other good games out there. Odyssey, God of War, The Witcher, Anthem, Pillars of Eternity, Path of Exile, Elder Scrolls Online. Try them out folks. Get off the sinking ship and open your eyes to other games and game types.
    My sub ended a few days ago, but I hadn't logged in in 3 weeks. I get my "fix" reading the forums but have no plans to return to WoW any time soon.
    CoolitmeonthissiteBeezerbeezThahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    the end of a legendary game is near -

SBFordmeonthissite

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited January 2019

SBFord said:

-snip-

I think its important to highlight that regardless of how the guild paid for the change the tokens themselves had to be bought by someone for real money to begin with so there is still a real money requirement to switch.

It's a terrible situation to be in when you feel you have to take advantage of this "oversight" to compete, Bliz really need to get their act together.
    SBFordmeonthissite
    Coolit said:
    Bliz really need to get their act together.
    If only.....
    Coolitgervaise1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Scorchien said:

Scorchien said:

I see what you did there with the to/too & the their/there.

I think this guild & its players have too much time on their hands, but that's my opinion which is bias since I no longer play WoW & think it has lost its luster long ago.  I do however admire their innovation & determination of tactics.  Blizzard allowed this loophole, either by intent or oversight, & it was taken advantage of.  I think Blizzard has been coasting upon their own laurels for the last couple of years anyways & have taken their eye off the ball in the process so the focus or caring probably isn't what it used to be. 

Well done to the guild.  Nice article too.  My favorite story still though is from years ago when the CDC actually studied how I think a detrimental spell had spread via pets.  I'm sure the Blizzard WoW staff learned a lesson from this so oh well.
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    45 bucks a pop. Blizzard sure knows how to make money hahaha
    Palebaneanemo

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    wtf stupid on blizzards part. Best gear available here guys but just for Alliance right now. Btw next week we open up new raids. Go get your world firsts!!!! All horde raiders...uhhhhh...
    Malvious said:
    45 bucks a pop. Blizzard sure knows how to make money hahaha
    Bought with gold both ways. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯