Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Bullet Hell MMO? - Survived By - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageA Bullet Hell MMO? - Survived By - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - MMORPG.com

Survived By is a bullet hell MMO with permadeath! That's a new one. Having recently hit Early Access on Steam, TheHiveLeader is jumping in to give his first impressions of this new game. Is it worth your time? Find out now!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited January 2019
    The idea of a bullet hell MMO isn't new. There was Realm of The Mad God, which is essentially the same idea. Bullet hell enemies, quick gameplay, permadeath EDIT : I see the comment made on the youtube regarding not knowing about Realm of the Mad God prior, so my comment is kind of moot.
    PhaserlightScot
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Realm of the Mad God is so much fun! I vividly remember the first time I was pulled into a world boss with everyone else and all the < lvl 10s (myself included) were all like 'waaargh we're gonna die!'. It also runs in a browser!

Furthermore, obligatory:

Panther2103

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• NirimetusNirimetus Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I did play this one for a while, it's interesting at first but get's boring fast, not sure if have the same amount of content as RotMG, I mean as in gearing, also, the craft system at the time wasn't even worth tbh and the tank char was basically immortal with a single skill, altho, it was the weakest one on offensive, but then again, the skill I said was AoE and covered a good area allowing your party to just stand there and spank the boss.

The only thing needed was a weapon with energy leech (or mana leech, I don't remember now what is the term used in this game) to keep the shield up.
    Phaserlight
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    game looks kind of intresting ,ill have to try it out,oh and that was a toy hammer right?.
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Kinda fun at first with some friends but gets a bit stale after that..if they added more mmo elements it could be pretty groovy
  • JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Ummm, where is the actual article I clicked the link for?
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Getting a heroes of hammerfall meets rogue legacy vibe
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I thought this game was canceled in Alpha?
  • LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Never heard of a bullet hell mmo? Have you played Path of Exile lately?
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    POE gets pretty bullet-helly which is kinda nutty for an ARPG. Uber Elder is chaos.
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Put about 30 hours into this on steam. For a game where you unlock bonuses through getting cards, called Legacies, when you die - I didn't die until max level. Seemed too easy really. Only get gear from dungeon bosses or crafting. Crafting has terrible timers on it, 10 seconds for turning tier 1 mats into tier 2 mats, when you need to do that 100 times, gets a bit stale. Higher tier gear takes a lot longer, 7, 10, 15+ mins, etc. Of course, you can pay real $ to bypass the crafting timers. Although, that would seem to be risky considering you lose your gear on death, and only get to keep one item.