Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things to Know About the Anthem VIP Demo - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThings to Know About the Anthem VIP Demo - MMORPG.com

BioWare’s been working over the last month or so to polish up a demo of Anthem and today players will finally be able to get their hands on it. Before you jump in , there are a couple of things to know about the demo.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    I'm stuck at work!!
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I'm stuck doing anything else!
    BlueThunderBearPhrycraftseekerStrizzy12
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Hype! Should be a fun time, especially since they gave out friend codes too that are not platform-specific.
    alkarionlog
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'm still trying to decide what platform I want.

I can get it on my PS4 for 20% off from Best Buy, but I would have to renew my PS+ subscription to make use of it. Or full price for Windows. Decisions, decisions. 
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    "Things to Know About the Anthem VIP Demo"

LOLZ

So, there was paid early access and now paid DEMO...

Whats next? VIP Screenshots? VIP Trailers? :P
    Bananable said:

LOLZ

There's probably a crowdfunded game somewhere that already does those things.
    Hatefull
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Bananable said:

LOLZ

I know you think youre being clever but a game doing an early weekend playtest for people who preordered is almost an industry standard for games of this type. Plus theyre also giving out friend codes so people who didnt buy can still try the demo. There a lot of things to be wary about with Anthem but this is definitely not one of them.
    blastermasterOctagon7711AlmostLancelotLiljna
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2019
    Countdown...
    Rocket Launch GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    MikeB

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    found this thing for those curious about abilities or are unsure which javelins to try.

https://www.zockify.de/anthem/ability-chart/

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

Bananable said:

LOLZ

I know you think youre being clever but a game doing an early weekend playtest for people who preordered is almost an industry standard for games of this type. Plus theyre also giving out friend codes so people who didnt buy can still try the demo. There a lot of things to be wary about with Anthem but this is definitely not one of them.

+ There will be an "open to all" demo next week too, which is really no longer an industry standard since the introduction of "paid betas".

Here's hoping it goes well for them, and other publishers follow.
    Octagon7711
    found this thing for those curious about abilities or are unsure which javelins to try.

That's a good chart but I thought they said only the Ranger would be available in the demo and another one after you reach max demo level.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

That's a good chart but I thought they said only the Ranger would be available in the demo and another one after you reach max demo level.
    yeah that's why i'm sitting here staring at the thing to try make up my mind which one to pick.
    Octagon7711

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I just bought a RTX 2060 to upgrade my old 970 so I'm getting Anthem for free with it (I got The Witcher 3 for free when i bought my 970). I could get Battlefield 5 but I've played Battlefield 3 so no need to get the same game again!

I'm honestly not that excited for Anthem. The flying around while fighting thing looks awful but I'll give it a go.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

edited January 2019

yeah that's why i'm sitting here staring at the thing to try make up my mind which one to pick.
    Storm for me. Definitely Storm.

(My order is Storm > Ranger > Infiltrator > Colossus).
    bartoni33 said:
    I just bought a RTX 2060 to upgrade my old 970 so I'm getting Anthem for free with it (I got The Witcher 3 for free when i bought my 970). I could get Battlefield 5 but I've played Battlefield 3 so no need to get the same game again!

I'm honestly not that excited for Anthem. The flying around while fighting thing looks awful but I'll give it a go.
    At this point I'm just hoping they do a better job then Destiny 2.  The games only worth playing when they add a new story line for me to play.

Aeander said:

Storm for me. Definitely Storm.

(My order is Storm > Ranger > Infiltrator > Colossus).
    Yep, I was looking at Storm also,  I usually play everything and settle on a favorite later.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited January 2019

Bananable said:

LOLZ

and we are sure you think are clever for defending this, but moving on
    Aeander said:
    Bananable said:

LOLZ

and there is but if I say the name the fanbois will bring the torchs and pitforks, but I guess most here already know who it is :)
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • UneecornUneecorn Member CommonPosts: 2

Bananable said:

LOLZ

I actually got a free code sent to me by nvidia lol
  • UneecornUneecorn Member CommonPosts: 2

Bananable said:

LOLZ

Aeander said:

Bananable said:

LOLZ

and there is but if I say the name the fanbois will bring the torchs and pitforks, but I guess most here already know who it is :)

I got a free code. Plus the demo will be open to everyone in a few days so..
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Level 12 (max is 15 in the demo).
    Octagon7711
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Bananable said:

LOLZ

Aeander said:

Bananable said:

LOLZ

Meh, be mad if you want but we both know that theres nothing offbeat about allowing preorder players to play the demo a weel early.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    "We are sorry, servers are at max capacity". I guess we have zero chances to login during free demo weekend if they cannot provide enough servers even for limited "VIP".

Thank you for your time!

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60

3dom said:

"We are sorry, servers are at max capacity". I guess we have zero chances to login during free demo weekend if they cannot provide enough servers even for limited "VIP".

And with no queue system, you are stuck spamming the ENTER key to retry. I think we have a better chance to win the lottery than to secure a spot, wouldn't be surprised if there was no idle/AFK timer either so people will just sit on their accounts logged in so they can continue playing whenever in that slot. :(
  • PieMonsterPieMonster Member UncommonPosts: 33
    lets hope this max capacity issue can be fixed fast... very frustrating. Esp with all the noise that this ISNT a beta, its a demo. Nice demo!
    At least in some locations people are at work.  Wait till later when local players come home and start jumping in.  Starting on a weekend will be brutal anyways.  After the rush, it should be a lot easier.

• moroelmoroel Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Seems no one buy the hype:/