Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if you dont use ESO plus?

FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
Go without crafting then?

Or still do some minimal crafting?

Or is ESO plus required to have a decent play?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    You will fill up your inventory quite quickly if you are a crafter, but it's still doable, just gotta bank a lot or buy the materials. It's definitely a godsend for crafters with the unlimited crafting bag. 
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    WHat if i dont do any crafting in this game? will i still enjoy it?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I don't do crafting and I've leveled every class.  I don't do PvP though so having the absolute best gear is not a necessity for me.  Gear and weapon drops are pretty good and you can grind for certain sets in certain areas if you want, plus the dark brotherhood and other DLCs and expansions give decent sets.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    When I began playing ESO, I no longer do, I began without subscribing for a month or two.  I used that as my feeling-out & learning phase.  Then after a month or two I did subscribe & kept it for a few months while enjoying ESO.  I ceased my ESO subscription though after achieving a few characters to max level & completing the story lines.  I think I subscribed for a 3 month chunk & even though I cancelled its renewal I feel it was worth while.  I only dabbled in the crafting, I've never been much of a crafter in mmos,  & for me it wasn't bad but it also didn't make me want to invest & progress more.  I think ESO can probably still be fun without subscribing, but being subscribed definitely opens-up &/or opens wider a lot of important avenues of quality of life in ESO.  I really enjoyed ESO up until the story lines ended & the Championship Points grind began & after max level a lot of solo friendly leveling for those CPs, imo, shrink in quality compared to grouping.  ESO does a lot right compared to many mmos today, but I never enjoyed their economy decision, the CP grind, & I don't think being subscribed garners enough perks compared to playing just for free once bought, but it has been a drought of time since I actually played even as buy to play.  That be my 2 cents anyways.
    Rockinw311
    Before they had the extra crafting space people would create alts to use for storage and some used extra accounts.  Crafting is fun in the game but the space issues were not worth it to me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2019
    Crafting is not strictly required but it helps a lot since you can improve the quality of all gear drops.

We all managed without the ESO+ bottomless crafting bag for the first couple years. It's just more inventory and alt mule management without it but still doable.

An old trick we used to do was wait for a sale of the base game somewhere - I picked up a second copy of the game for $9.99. That not only gives you more mules and another bank to stash things in, it also allows you to mail stuff to your alt account from anywhere... like in the middle of a dungeon run if you start running low on bag space.

Be warned though, once you've had the crafting bag it's almost unthinkable to play without it. It's why the sneaky buggers have free ESO+ week long events throughout the year :)
    KyleranAsheram[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonRockinw311Phry
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I'm also not subscribed.  It is simpler to just ignore all containers in game, and only loot items that aren't crafting items.  If you try to loot any craft items, you will fill up your inventory very quickly.  It's just not worth it for me to make 2-3 inventory stops in an hour session.

Phry

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's pretty much required for an optimal experience but still doable without.
    Octagon7711

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    I've never had a problem with the game for not using ESO Plus. It is completely optional. Literally the only difference i saw (unless it recently changed) is that without Plus you have to buy DLCs for new story/classes/etc. I am OK with that since i wait for big bundle discounts.

If i ever get tired of doing that then i can subscribe and get everything that way. Either way It's a win win for everyone.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited January 2019
    ESO Plus you get 2 key things unlimited craft bag and the DLC access. If you don't have plus you can still play but not the DLCs unless you buy them separate in the crown store. There are also some minor things like XP bonuses.

To me because I craft a lot, the bag was worth the sub, but if you aren't a crafter like that I would finish the base game story-line then purchase the DLCs you want to do. You don't really need a sub unless you want to try to do ALL the DLC in the 30 days (very unrealistic imo) period or you craft a lot. 

EDIT: as others have said its hard to go back once you have experienced that magic bag. lol 
    Phry
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    FishForce said:
    Go without crafting then?

Or still do some minimal crafting?

Or is ESO plus required to have a decent play?

Yeah its pretty much mandatory, but you can get away with not having it once you have your horse maxed and such. You can get tons of bag space. This lets you carry around alot more crafting materials, but you can also always mail them to alts. I think the bigger reason to sub is access to the DLC though. I think though, ultimately, to really enjoy all the content of ESO you need to pay for 1) Sub 2) Chapters 3) Horse training if you don't want to wait months for it
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO Plus, Cable Television, Unlimited SmartPhone Data, a pool boy, home landscaping service, Uber, Chinese food delivery, Netflix Subscription, Amazon Prime Subscription, HBO (especially during Game of Thrones season), xBox Live... are ALL not required...

but life sux without them!!

/wrist

Sz  :)
    rojoArcueidAsheramIselinLeoTolstoykryntokklash2defeddieg50Octagon7711
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    I subbed while my crafter got ”maxed out” and then dropped the sub. I do miss the space, but now just limit what I pick up to sell. The dungeon finder is actually better w/o the dlc dungeons/sub imo as there is no way to manually exclude the dlc dungeons from the random queue otherwise.
    Phry

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I dont many alts so i use my extra characters slots as crafting space mules , just  dont do cooking  because it has alot of different ingredients . 
    seshses said:
    I dont many alts so i use my extra characters slots as crafting space mules , just  dont do cooking  because it has alot of different ingredients . 
    I managed cooking before the craft bag by dumping or vendoring all my drink mats because I just never crafted drinks - always food.

Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited January 2019
    The crafting bag is awesome. But the full access to all DLC is an awesome addition as well. If you don't craft, and buy all the DLC. Then you should be fine without it. I save all my crowns from my sub and buy up the DLC with it. So there is another advantage. 
    [Deleted User]
    Gorwe said:
    Slightly (un)related, but how about that "any race, any faction" perk? How much does it cost and is it a part of ESO+?
    It was an original pre-order bonus and isn't part of ESO+. I forget how much it costs now that it's on the crown store but it's not expensive... 1000 to 1500 range as I recall.
    MrMelGibsonklash2def

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Not sure if you have made the decision to get ESO+ or not but what from the experience I've gained while playing without using it.. It's a pain in the ass trying to loot everything and constantly running out of space. Right now I've been playing casual but if I got really into it I would ESO+ 

Right now I'm only trying to pay for one sub fee and my girlfriend is trying to get me to play A Realm Reborn with her so trying to decide what I should do right now lol. 
    Mendel[Deleted User]
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    since i already have the DLC mega pack i think for now il go whitout ESO+ and stick to one or max two craft class per character 

I can always go for it at a later time somewhere in the future
    gervaise1
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    FishForce said:
    since i already have the DLC mega pack i think for now il go whitout ESO+ and stick to one or max two craft class per character 

I can always go for it at a later time somewhere in the future
    As @Iselin says you do not need ESO+. And whilst cooking in particular is useful crafting in general became less important when they introduced gear sets per zone. (Sets are like a happy families mini-game!) You can easily get 1 level below max gear with drops and the upgrade is not huge. (Gear works differently in ESO to LotR, WoW etc)

So don't like crafting - not a problem, just sell drops as you get them after picking out any that upgrade your gear.

As far as playing the game goes you have 2 basic choices.
    - Wander around were ever your fancy takes you.
    - Work your way through a story arc. The original game came with 1 per faction and a over-arching main story arc that linked them together. And each of the zone expansions have an arc as well. 
    You don't need to stick with an arc but the early levels were originally designed to make sure you found out about e.g. public dungeons. Either way though just enjoy. 
    Octagon7711
    Gorwe said:
    Slightly (un)related, but how about that "any race, any faction" perk? How much does it cost and is it a part of ESO+?
    I don't think it makes a difference now that all the faction areas are open.  You can play any race anywhere.  Use to be you had to complete the main story and get the Silver and Gold quest line that took you through the other factions from their beginnings anyway.  If you have a zone you like playing through it's pretty easy to get there now and play through it with any race.
    gervaise1

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    You can survive easily without the crafting bag, even if you want to do a lot of crafting. Everyone did perfectly fine when the game launched without the crafting bag.

That said, I wouldn't play it without it because it is a massive quality of life feature.
    gervaise1
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    To re-enforce what others has been said:

- when the game had a subscription it did not have a crafting bag;
    - when the game dropped the mandatory subscription and went b2p nothing changed and there was still no crafting bag; it wasn't a case of 'add lots of restrictions that required cash shop purchases to overcome' - nothing changed. The perks that came with the optional sub were very minor.
    - the craft bag came later to try and boost the value of the optional subscription; other changes though somewhat diminished the value of crafting.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Not sure if you have made the decision to get ESO+ or not but what from the experience I've gained while playing without using it.. It's a pain in the ass trying to loot everything and constantly running out of space. Right now I've been playing casual but if I got really into it I would ESO+ 

Right now I'm only trying to pay for one sub fee and my girlfriend is trying to get me to play A Realm Reborn with her so trying to decide what I should do right now lol. 
    for quality of life play the same as girlfriend :)