Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Far Cry New Dawn: Story Trailer & the Return of a Familiar Face

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Far Cry New Dawn: Story Trailer & the Return of a Familiar Face

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I have been so happy with Ubi's open world games -- Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Origins / Odyssey. I haven't been disappointed by any of them. I'm looking forward to this in February and The Division 2 in March. Good spring ahead!
    Panther21033domlaseritGinazThupliConstantineMerusValentinainfomatzklash2defTacticalZombeh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    SBFord said:
    I have been so happy with Ubi's open world games -- Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Origins / Odyssey. I haven't been disappointed by any of them. I'm looking forward to this in February and The Division 2 in March. Good spring ahead!
    Ubisoft has been on a winning streak for a while now. Even their competitive multiplayer games have a continually growing audience, For Honor and Rainbow Six have both retained relatively large playerbases due to them pumping out content and listening to the playerbases. I'm excited to try this new Far Cry game. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]laseritConstantineMerusinfomatzTacticalZombeh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Thank god the gaming market is not full of tetris fans or this should be FAR TETRIS...I'm so sick of the direction the market is going.

Beta tester maniac

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I need to get back to playing Far Cry. For some reason I lost interest in the series after finishing FC3 and haven't bought another one. My favorite is still FC2.

• Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34

SBFord said:

Same to me. I just adore Ubi's open world games.
    SBFord[Deleted User]ThupliTacticalZombeh
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited January 2019
    After watching the latest gameplay of this new upcoming Far Cry, I can't help but notice how it's practically the same exact thing as Far Cry 5. I get that its time jump is 17 yrs... or something along those lines ahead of Far Cry 5 but the gameplay mechanics, sounds, weapon sounds, movement, etc are all the same as Far Cry 5. I guess what Im getting at is how can they justify a 60 dollar tag for basically the same game as the previous title?

1 thing I hope to see some improvements with are the stealth takedowns. Far Cry 5 stealth takedowns were practically an afterthought.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    After watching the latest gameplay of this new upcoming Far Cry, I can't help but notice how it's practically the same exact thing as Far Cry 5. I get that its time jump is 17 yrs... or something along those lines ahead of Far Cry 5 but the gameplay mechanics, sounds, weapon sounds, movement, etc are all the same as Far Cry 5. I guess what Im getting at is how can they justify a 60 dollar tag for basically the same game as the previous title?

1 thing I hope to see some improvements with are the stealth takedowns. Far Cry 5 stealth takedowns were practically an afterthought.
    $40 for Standard, $50 for Deluxe

https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy
    [Deleted User]infomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Eh, no third-person view... Hopefully, they'll create GR Wildlands MMO at some point - or at least Wildlands 2 next year. Also after playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey I'm sure their pirate-y Skull and Bones is destined to become a major hit later this year.
    SBFord[Deleted User]

Thank you for your time!

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Is this stand alone or farcry5 dlc?

it isnt $60 

Well got damn, isn't that interesting.

SBFord said:

$40 for Standard, $50 for Deluxe

https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy

Sweet, thank you for the info and link!
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    What ever happened to that apparent hostile take over that Venturi(sp?) was trying to do to Ubisoft. Do they still hold 49% and are waiting to jump on 2%+ more?
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    edited January 2019
    Last word I heard (late last year?) was that Vivendi gave up on the hostile takeover attempts and would be selling off their shares.

For the comments about FC:ND being mostly the same... somewhat. It is Farcry, but they've added in some RPG-lite details like leveled weapons and enemies (grey, blue, red, orange, purple, etc) and a home base you feed a resource (ethanol) to upgrade different aspects of.

And like Farcry:Primal, the map is from one of the main games (obviously Farcry 5 in this case) but reworked. I can appreciate they reduce the price of the game accordingly.

I think the leveled enemies will be the biggest bone of contention among fans, since it affects the 'go anywhere and create mayhem' open-worldiness. Some will like it, some not.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the game plays out, and I really hope they don't increase the grinding aspect even more than Oddyssey. Ubi's nailing their games lately among those of us who enjoy that style, but they could easily push all that progress back down hill if they don't keep their micros under control.
    laserit