Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall - ArtCraft Devs Live Q&A with Zybak

2»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Ungood said:

Too long... Need summary

We are promising you a crap ton of things we won't deliver on...so expect a niche audience and a predatory cash shop, even though we will pinky swear we would never do that.
    I haven't seen any kind or form of cash shop.. but you know.. Pre-Alpha, so things could change.
    I have something like: 1 small castle, 2 medium keeps, 3 large forts, a Guildhouse, 2 cottages, a crap ton of parcels, warhorse, packpig, some statues that give a slight buff, and something like 3.5 years VIP.  I got it by originally buying an Amber Kickstarter package (unsung money from selling my Pathfinder Online accounts) and then converting stuff in their cash shop. They recently removed a bunch of stuff from the store but are talking about other items to put in it.   I do not think they are much in the way of pay to win... since most everything was for the Eternal Kingdoms and not the campaigns, but they clearly had a cash shop. It’s just down for renovations currently.

All I saw was a choice between a lot of Expensive Ass Packs, which give you a bunch of stuff.. but nothing like a cash shop, and from what I know, there is no cash shop in game either.

Not saying there won't be.. but.. I don't see anything along those lines for now.
    JamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Too long... Need summary

We are promising you a crap ton of things we won't deliver on...so expect a niche audience and a predatory cash shop, even though we will pinky swear we would never do that.
    I haven't seen any kind or form of cash shop.. but you know.. Pre-Alpha, so things could change.
    I have something like: 1 small castle, 2 medium keeps, 3 large forts, a Guildhouse, 2 cottages, a crap ton of parcels, warhorse, packpig, some statues that give a slight buff, and something like 3.5 years VIP.  I got it by originally buying an Amber Kickstarter package (unsung money from selling my Pathfinder Online accounts) and then converting stuff in their cash shop. They recently removed a bunch of stuff from the store but are talking about other items to put in it.   I do not think they are much in the way of pay to win... since most everything was for the Eternal Kingdoms and not the campaigns, but they clearly had a cash shop. It’s just down for renovations currently.

All I saw was a choice between a lot of Expensive Ass Packs, which give you a bunch of stuff.. but nothing like a cash shop, and from what I know, there is no cash shop in game either.

Not saying there won't be.. but.. I don't see anything along those lines for now.
    You know the subject of the thread is this interview, and in the interview they talk about the store, how they removed everything except some packages, and how they are thinking about putting it back up with cosmetics...   

Theres even a link someone provided to a text version.  

Just sayin’  ;)
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Cash shops aren't inherently evil. As long as they don't impact gameplay, they aren't an issue, and nothing in the store gives players an advantage. VIP subscription is optional, so they need an alternate way to monetize the game.
    JamesGoblin
    Arkade99 said:
    Cash shops aren't inherently evil. As long as they don't impact gameplay, they aren't an issue, and nothing in the store gives players an advantage. VIP subscription is optional, so they need an alternate way to monetize the game.
    What are the latest thoughts on VIP?  I kind of thought the old benefits were ok by allowing you to train more skills.  

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Too long... Need summary

You know the subject of the thread is this interview, and in the interview they talk about the store, how they removed everything except some packages, and how they are thinking about putting it back up with cosmetics...   

Theres even a link someone provided to a text version.  

Just sayin’  ;)
    To be fair.. I got bored of that Interview pretty fast.. you said there was a transcript.. care to link it?

Also.. what changes are they making to ViP..? Not that I think more rewards are a bad thing, I mean they have to sell it somehow.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

The link is literally in this thread...

tinnis said:
    Here is the link again for anyone that missed it, and feel free to give this poster an Awesome for their efforts, unlike some people, I can quote previous info in case anyone missed it the first time.
    JamesGoblin

Arkade99 said:
    What are the latest thoughts on VIP?  I kind of thought the old benefits were ok by allowing you to train more skills.  
    Oh yah.. from the transcript I got "We are working on it, and need to talk with marketing" so.. yah those benefits, I mean like really, just amazing stuff, I am sure, yah, when they are ready to make that happen and you know, done talking with marketing and working out how things need to work and flow, we should see some new things with VIP.

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Arkade99 said:
    We don't know yet what other benefits it will give, but it's pretty obvious they are going to try to avoid anything that could be even remotely considered P2W. 

VIP will probably still be able to accumulate more skill points before they have to be spent, meaning that non-VIP will need to log in more often to spend their skill points. In the past, they have talked about VIP possibly having the ability to spend skill points from outside the game. I expect the other perks will be similar convenience type things.

I've suggested in the past that test server access could be dependent on VIP status after the game is live. They could also give VIP players free cosmetic items every so often, the way TSW used to do. VIPs could also get special forum access, similar to the current dev partners forum. 

I'm interested to see what other ideas they have.
    JamesGoblin
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Relampago said:
    Agreed with everything said in here.  This is my best kickstarter mmo.  I backed this and Camelot Unchained.  At the basic tier I have been playing this pre alpha for about a year.  The progress has been significant.

Agree very much with the person who says you dont get enough for capturing a capture point, they need to better incentivize that.

Given that I was a huge Shadowbane fan seeing this progress has done my heart good.

I have not been play testing CU.  That they are so late they should let all of their backers in.  I have less confidence in that project and I think Crowfall will cross its finish line first.
    I'm a CU backer.

I'm rooting for Crowfall cause the devs seem great, the game is tightly focused and making great progress, and has a coherent look and style to the visuals and the movement of the game.

CU, if it launches, is going to be the MMO I play. Crowfall looks awesome, but isn't my cup of tea.

That said, I also have less confidence in CU launching, and agree Crowfall launches first - I believe both the above because CU is less complete than Crowfall, even after more time developing.

That said, I think both will launch, and both will be successful in their own medium-scale ways (which is all anyone should hope for, they're both on-purpose niche games).

For CU, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to let all their backers in at once. People at a beta 3 tier should expect more polish and more completeness than alpha or beta 1 backers. So letting everyone in now would create backlash and may even make a shitstorm.
    I think that it's highly probable that both Crowfall and Camelot Unchained will launch.  The real question is what state they'll be in at launch.  This far into development, even if they saw that they were going to run out of money in a year, they'd push something out the door and "launch" anyway.  The only real question is whether they'll have to do that or have the time to do everything that they want to do to get a game properly ready for launch first.
    JamesGoblin
    edited January 2019
    Quizzical said:
    Relampago said:
    Agreed with everything said in here.  This is my best kickstarter mmo.  I backed this and Camelot Unchained.  At the basic tier I have been playing this pre alpha for about a year.  The progress has been significant.

Agree very much with the person who says you dont get enough for capturing a capture point, they need to better incentivize that.

Given that I was a huge Shadowbane fan seeing this progress has done my heart good.

I have not been play testing CU.  That they are so late they should let all of their backers in.  I have less confidence in that project and I think Crowfall will cross its finish line first.
    I'm a CU backer.

I'm rooting for Crowfall cause the devs seem great, the game is tightly focused and making great progress, and has a coherent look and style to the visuals and the movement of the game.

CU, if it launches, is going to be the MMO I play. Crowfall looks awesome, but isn't my cup of tea.

That said, I also have less confidence in CU launching, and agree Crowfall launches first - I believe both the above because CU is less complete than Crowfall, even after more time developing.

That said, I think both will launch, and both will be successful in their own medium-scale ways (which is all anyone should hope for, they're both on-purpose niche games).

For CU, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to let all their backers in at once. People at a beta 3 tier should expect more polish and more completeness than alpha or beta 1 backers. So letting everyone in now would create backlash and may even make a shitstorm.
    I think that it's highly probable that both Crowfall and Camelot Unchained will launch.  The real question is what state they'll be in at launch.  This far into development, even if they saw that they were going to run out of money in a year, they'd push something out the door and "launch" anyway.  The only real question is whether they'll have to do that or have the time to do everything that they want to do to get a game properly ready for launch first.
    Well I'll be honest. I have no idea what condition CU is in, but, to be honest, CF, even tho it is in Pre-Alpha, which means not all the features or functions are done, is in a playable state, they could spend the next few months polishing it up and push it out the door to get something out, and then finish their develop through expansions at this point.

I think that would really screw up the game, as they are currently putting stuff in and taking stuff out, and working systems as they go, so, that would be a mess every update and progression, but, if push came to shove, they could go in that direction.
    JamesGoblin

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited January 2019
    This topic is so interesting. Thanks to this thread, I now know something from this topic. I also find the shared information very important. I look forward for more helpful information from this thread.
    Check out also crazy kitchen game.
    Wanna know a link I'm not clicking on? :smile:

Edit: that is not a good bot lol.
    JamesGoblin