Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare's Casey Hudson Pens 'One Month to Go' Anthem Update - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBioWare's Casey Hudson Pens 'One Month to Go' Anthem Update - MMORPG.com

Fans looking forward to Anthem may want to check out the latest update on the BioWare site from General Manager Casey Hudson. In it, Hudson reviews some of the history of the game's development and what it's bringing to players that make it both familiar to fans and different from anything else BioWare has ever made. Hudson also speaks to upcoming beta opportunities, both the paid pre-order beta and the open beta demo that will launch a week later.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited January 2019
    Will this fulfill its promise of invigorating story, or will it sink like Destiny. WE WILL SOON FIND OUT!! JAZZ HANDS!!
    PhryPher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I'm quietly confident of this game! Really can't wait tbh
    Vexiusxgastovski1jgDuffaySignex
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    The wait is long.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2019
    There's a last min. list of additional information they gave through Twitter. Like during freeroam you should be able to see other players running around. The personal story can be soloed or played with a group. It was about thirty things they had listed. If I come across it again I'll post it. Oh, and I think they said preloading starts tomorrow for VIP.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Yap! Pre Load of VIP Starts tomorrow 23rd
    Octagon7711Vexiusx
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    How I see it is I'm interested, if I go in with no or low expectations I cant be let down! Really hope its good.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Watched IGN's video.

They could have just warped players around because there is hand holding and the destination is 100% meaningless,just a bunch of trees and rock to fly through.The hand holding ruins it big time for me,i can't stand games that put those markers in the air.
    The Ai looks real bad,mostly just fodder,reminds me of SWTOR's combat,not very good.
    Sound effects are good and that is about the only thing i see as being well done.

I do not think there is anything hidden that we haven't already seen,this is a very simple generic design.Looks like Skyforge/Swtor/Halo wrapped into a laned mission based game.There is nothing open ended about it.
    Dick1232milyenMaddog666TacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Wizardry said:

Watched IGN's video.

They could have just warped players around because there is hand holding and the destination is 100% meaningless,just a bunch of trees and rock to fly through.The hand holding ruins it big time for me,i can't stand games that put those markers in the air.
    The Ai looks real bad,mostly just fodder,reminds me of SWTOR's combat,not very good.
    Sound effects are good and that is about the only thing i see as being well done.

I do not think there is anything hidden that we haven't already seen,this is a very simple generic design.Looks like Skyforge/Swtor/Halo wrapped into a laned mission based game.There is nothing open ended about it.

What a shock. You said nothing of importance to anyone but your negative self. No idea why you even look at this site or any other gaming site, outside of bitching.
    VoidfarerPhrycmacqDerpanged[Deleted User]IlayaMaddog666TacticalZombehBadSpockinfomatz
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Dick1232 said:

Wizardry said:

Watched IGN's video.

What a shock. You said nothing of importance to anyone but your negative self. No idea why you even look at this site or any other gaming site, outside of bitching.
    I do wish @Wizardry could make his own dream game.  There are so few games he likes, it would be interesting to see what kind of unique game he would come up with.  I believe we'd definitely get something different and fascinating.

So far, I've only ever seen him speak positively of FF11 and Dishonored.
    milyenSovrathVoidfarerMaddog666ThupliTacticalZombehinfomatz
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i'm excited for Anthem.. the only other title i've played from Bioware is SWTOR and that has kept me busy on and off since release. so way more than most games.
    SovrathVoidfarer[Deleted User]IlayaConstantineMerusOctagon7711

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

SBFord said:

"High rarity items don't have and equip limit"

This is an enjoyable slap in the face to Destiny.
    jgDuffay[Deleted User]BadSpockOctagon7711

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    If this turns out like "3rd person shooter Diablo" i'll be happy and get some good enjoyment out of the game.

Without PvP though, going to be hard to prioritize this over Division 2.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Couldn't care less about the hate, i'm excited to try it out this week. Just like BFV, i'll get the premier sub.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Lokero said:
    Dick1232 said:

Wizardry said:

Watched IGN's video.

I do wish @Wizardry could make his own dream game.  There are so few games he likes, it would be interesting to see what kind of unique game he would come up with.  I believe we'd definitely get something different and fascinating.

So far, I've only ever seen him speak positively of FF11 and Dishonored.
    Those are two strangely specific games that have pretty much nothing in common lol.  Add Atlas to that (which is super strange considering his rants against EA and studios releasing technical messes in general), and his preferences seem to be a baffling mix of contradicting positions. :D 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    one month to go, then a year to fix the problems, then we are sorry we droped the ball once again, the next one will be better
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Can't wait to see how they'll fuck this all up.
  • ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    This means I will know in about 2 months wether I will buy this game.